New Rules of Lifting (for Women) Group - Part 2

Options

Replies

• deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I hope I can workout tomorrow. All of a sudden today my left calf is killing me. It started out sore this morning but since I did the elliptical it's hurting a lot. It's not just my calf either, it goes into my foot too. I'm limping. It's so achy. I keep massaging and stretching it but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Have you used a foam roller? It does wonders for my back and hamstrings. I hope you feel better soon!
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I hope I can workout tomorrow. All of a sudden today my left calf is killing me. It started out sore this morning but since I did the elliptical it's hurting a lot. It's not just my calf either, it goes into my foot too. I'm limping. It's so achy. I keep massaging and stretching it but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Have you used a foam roller? It does wonders for my back and hamstrings. I hope you feel better soon!

I don't know what I would do without my foam roller! My PT also told me to get two Lacrosse balls and tape them together - it's awesome for digging into shoulders and lower backs.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I actually do have a foam roller and I totally meant to use it last night. But instead I elevated my leg and put a heating pad underneath my calf. That actually helped a lot. I am not in nearly as much pain as yesterday. It still feels tight but not the constant achiness I was having. I'm thinking I might push my workout off until tomorrow so I can give it extra time to heal. Plus I am just downright exhausted today. My husband is out of town until this afternoon and I just don't sleep well when he's not here. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! The fact that my kids were screaming and fighting with each other at 7am didn't help either.
  • deninevi
    Options
    I actually do have a foam roller and I totally meant to use it last night. But instead I elevated my leg and put a heating pad underneath my calf. That actually helped a lot. I am not in nearly as much pain as yesterday. It still feels tight but not the constant achiness I was having. I'm thinking I might push my workout off until tomorrow so I can give it extra time to heal. Plus I am just downright exhausted today. My husband is out of town until this afternoon and I just don't sleep well when he's not here. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning! The fact that my kids were screaming and fighting with each other at 7am didn't help either.

I'm glad you are better! Hope today goes by fast, super fast for you.
  • deninevi
    Options

I don't know what I would do without my foam roller! My PT also told me to get two Lacrosse balls and tape them together - it's awesome for digging into shoulders and lower backs.

I'm going to try this one!
  • idauria
    Options

I'm glad you are better! Hope today goes by fast, super fast for you.

Thanks, me too! It's better now that my older one is in school. It's always more stressful to have both kids home at the same time. Most of the time they can play together but some days it seems they are fighting from the minute they get up. They are 6.5 and 3.5. I think it's frustrating for my older one sometimes because the little one doesn't always understand things or want to play the same things, etc.

I am still thinking about working out today. I might sneak it in this afternoon if I have the energy. If not I'll do it tomorrow morning. I hate having two rest days in a row although I did do the elliptical yesterday. It was only 25 mins though so I don't think it really counts for much, lol.
  • deninevi
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean by the constant fighting days-I have two boys-9 and 7, they are in school now, :)
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    My kids are 7 and 4. One in school, one not. What drives me crazy is when we go to pick up the older one from school, we'll have been in the car for a few minutes before they start fighting about something. It's like, "you haven't seen each other ALL day!"

Anyway - question: Does anyone here use Glucosamine? I've been hearing more about it and have been thinking about getting some. I've got some grinding going on in my knee and all the lunges and squats we have done so far in this program have not been helping that situation.

Finished Stage 2, Workout A this morning. One more Workout B and then on to Stage 3. I just kicked my butt today knowing that it was the last time I'd do the workout and really tried to kick up my numbers in AMRAP. I'm beat. Can't wait to sit down and EAT!
  • idauria
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean by the constant fighting days-I have two boys-9 and 7, they are in school now, :)

Yeah, boys tend to fight a lot. For the most part my girls get along pretty well. I love when they play together by themselves soI can have some peace and quiet. That usually doesn't last long though, lol. It seems like I spent 3 years waiting for my little one to be old enough to play with her sister. After all that's why I had her, lol.
  • idauria
    Options
    My kids are 7 and 4. One in school, one not. What drives me crazy is when we go to pick up the older one from school, we'll have been in the car for a few minutes before they start fighting about something. It's like, "you haven't seen each other ALL day!"

Anyway - question: Does anyone here use Glucosamine? I've been hearing more about it and have been thinking about getting some. I've got some grinding going on in my knee and all the lunges and squats we have done so far in this program have not been helping that situation.

Finished Stage 2, Workout A this morning. One more Workout B and then on to Stage 3. I just kicked my butt today knowing that it was the last time I'd do the workout and really tried to kick up my numbers in AMRAP. I'm beat. Can't wait to sit down and EAT!

I have heard that Glucosamine is good for joint pain associated with arthritis. I don't know if it's good for acute pain such as you are having. It couldn't hurt to try it though. I hope your knees feel better though. This workout is not gentle on them at all.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i'm excited about doing nrolfw tomorrow night - i'll be on 1a3...i'm moving up in weight each workout and i love how i feel after i finish my workout....tomorrow night is spin class too so i'll get a good workout in with cardio and wts....
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    bump - I can't manage to keep up with all you badasses and the ever growing thread, but I love hearing what all you have to say. It makes me excited to be doing this program! I'm nearing Phase 2 shortly! :)
  • idauria
    Options
    i'm excited about doing nrolfw tomorrow night - i'll be on 1a3...i'm moving up in weight each workout and i love how i feel after i finish my workout....tomorrow night is spin class too so i'll get a good workout in with cardio and wts....

That's great progress! I don't always move up in weight each workout but that's my aim. I love how I feel too after a good weight workout. Better than I ever feel after a cardio session. Those just make me exhausted, lol.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options

That's great progress! I don't always move up in weight each workout but that's my aim. I love how I feel too after a good weight workout. Better than I ever feel after a cardio session. Those just make me exhausted, lol.

i had been doing strength training with a trainer for 3 months so i have the "wts" history on my side....this is the first time i have done it on my own in awhile so it's nice to keep moving myself up since I KNOW what i can do....kinda weird to be making the decisions versus just doing what the trainers were telling me to lol...but a good weird...i like being in control, which if you knew me you would understand lol....good/bad personality trait depending on how you look at it....
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal weight today. Thanks NROLFW! :flowerforyou:
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I use glucosamine!! I used to get lots of knee pain back when I started this whole thing. I don't remember how long it took, but it must not have been very long or I never would have kept taking it, but it really helped me. I literally NEVER have knee pain anymore!! I wouldn't have explained what I felt as grinding, but I'd say it's worth a shot!!
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options

WOW - Tha'ts so ................. well, I can't think of a strong enough word to say what I want to say LOL!! It's FANTASTIC and EXCITING and just plain FABULOUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • idauria
    Options

Congratulations!!! That's a huge deal!
  • deninevi
    Options

Congrats! That's great!
  • deninevi
    Options
    Almost done with Stage 1-only special B left. I can't wait to move to stage 2! I'll be taking a week off and doing some KB/BW workouts. I'll try to stay away from the heavy weights-it be so hard! :)