New Rules of Lifting (for Women) Group - Part 2

Options

Replies

• bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Finished stage 1 week 2 B today. My calf is still sore, but it's not unbearable. I'm still pretty stoked about all this .

I feel so far behind everyone. I really like the dead lifts . I wasn't sure how much weight to start with. I put 30# on , so it was 75 total. Tomorrow will let me know if I over did it, but it felt fine tonight.

Just the term "matrix" makes that workout sound scary... but you gotta love a challenge.

i'm up to workout 5b last night and i feeeeeelllllll the 80lb deadlifts i did 3 sets of 10 TODAY!!!! the backs of my thighs and my lower butt are soooo sore today....
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Finished stage 1 week 2 B today. My calf is still sore, but it's not unbearable. I'm still pretty stoked about all this .

I feel so far behind everyone. I really like the dead lifts . I wasn't sure how much weight to start with. I put 30# on , so it was 75 total. Tomorrow will let me know if I over did it, but it felt fine tonight.

Just the term "matrix" makes that workout sound scary... but you gotta love a challenge.

i'm up to workout 5b last night and i feeeeeelllllll the 80lb deadlifts i did 3 sets of 10 TODAY!!!! the backs of my thighs and my lower butt are soooo sore today....

80lb deadlifts! You go girl! I maxed out at 70 and it was hard completing the final reps.
  • idauria
    Options
    I'll be doing Stage 3, workout B for the first time today. I would be doing it right now but I don't think I have the time considering that workout A took over an hour. What's with the 105 second rests? Why not 90? It makes the workout sooo long! I am hoping to do it later this morning or after lunch. I can't wait until after dinner again. I am too tired if I wait until the end of the day. The only exercise I am concerned about is the YWTL. I have been watching you tube videos of people doing them so I have a better idea. Anyone have issues with those?
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing Stage 3, workout B for the first time today. I would be doing it right now but I don't think I have the time considering that workout A took over an hour. What's with the 105 second rests? Why not 90? It makes the workout sooo long! I am hoping to do it later this morning or after lunch. I can't wait until after dinner again. I am too tired if I wait until the end of the day. The only exercise I am concerned about is the YWTL. I have been watching you tube videos of people doing them so I have a better idea. Anyone have issues with those?

It's not hard to figure out. Once you do one, I think you'll have it. It actually feels quite natural to move from one position to the other. I found the W and L to be harder than the Y and T. I thought this exercise felt really good though - have fun!
  • idauria
    Options

It's not hard to figure out. Once you do one, I think you'll have it. It actually feels quite natural to move from one position to the other. I found the W and L to be harder than the Y and T. I thought this exercise felt really good though - have fun!

After watching a few videos, I think I got it. I am sure once I actually do the exercises it will be a lot easier than I am making it out to be. I'm just a natural "worrier". I tend to make things out to be harder than they actually are.
  • fitrunnermd
    Options

It looks like you and I are at the same point in the training. I did Stage 1 workout 5 B this morning. Congrats on deadlifting 80lbs. I hope to get there soon. I'm only at 20lbs (65lbs total). I'm with you on feeling the soreness. I'm still feeling Monday's workout on top of yesterday's run and today's workout. :laugh:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    it feels so good to be able to increase my wts...
    with the squats i started with just the 45lb bar, moved up to 60 and now i'm at 80lbs - i have to use the squat rack for sure lol cause i cant get the damn thing over my head without smashing myself lol....
    the deadlifts i started at 55lbs, moved to 65lbs, then 75lbs and now i'm at 85lbs
    dumbell shoulder presses i started at 10 and i'm up to 15 now...i love how i "LOOK" in the mirror doing them...my arms look soooo ripped when they are actually engaged in the motion....LOL
    seated row i started at 50 and have moved up to 80lbs now...
    It looks like you and I are at the same point in the training. I did Stage 1 workout 5 B this morning. Congrats on deadlifting 80lbs. I hope to get there soon. I'm only at 20lbs (65lbs total). I'm with you on feeling the soreness. I'm still feeling Monday's workout on top of yesterday's run and today's workout. :laugh:
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the gym doing Stage 2 B1-what the heck?!?! So long! And the prone Cuban Snatch -I was glad that the 5lbs DBs are not pink :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options

I'm the exact opposite. I can hold heavier weights on the W and L than I can on the Y and T. I can't lift the heavier weights all the way up past my ears for the Y and I can't lift the heavier weights all the way up and hold for a count of one on the T. I can really feel my lower back working on all of them!
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options

TluvK is right, it's not difficult once you get the hang of it. I mean - the moves aren't difficult - even with 5# dbs, my arms are BURNING by the time I'm on the Ls! I spread out the instructions on the floor next to the incline bench so that I could look at them and correct my form. I don't care what it looks like, pshaw on looking dorky in the gym! ;o)
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the gym doing Stage 2 B1-what the heck?!?! So long! And the prone Cuban Snatch -I was glad that the 5lbs DBs are not pink :)

Thanks for the chuckle! The prone Cuban snatches are killer.
  • shellbell525
    Options
    does anyone know how to joint the discussion board for the other NROF4W? I like that the topics are separated out and i'd like to keep track of both boards.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    does anyone know how to joint the discussion board for the other NROF4W? I like that the topics are separated out and i'd like to keep track of both boards.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • shellbell525
    Options
    OHH thanks!
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    IS anyone using a bowflex at home for their workouts???? I also have the adjustable dumbbells that go up to 52.5 lbs. Is this enough to make it work with adjustments where needed?
  • idauria
    Options
    IS anyone using a bowflex at home for their workouts???? I also have the adjustable dumbbells that go up to 52.5 lbs. Is this enough to make it work with adjustments where needed?

I have the bowflex adjustable dumbbells. I like that I can increase weight in smaller increments but I don't like that they are big and bulky. But it's definitely more practical than buying a whole bunch of separate sets of dumbbells so I deal with it.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options

In Stage 1 you can do most of the exercises using only dumbbells. But you also need a step platform or bench (for step-ups); and a swiss ball (for prone jackknife). Assuming you can do lat pulldowns using your bowflex.
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In Stage 1 you can do most of the exercises using only dumbbells. But you also need a step platform or bench (for step-ups); and a swiss ball (for prone jackknife). Assuming you can do lat pulldowns using your bowflex.

Sweet!!!! The bowlex does have a bench and the ability to do lat pulls. I also have a swiss ball.... so it sounds like I would be covered.

Thank you all for all the info!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I haven't caught up with you ladies in a while. I just completed the first workout of Phase 3 last night. There isn't a muscle in my body that isn't screaming today. Everytime I start a new phase, it seems like I'm saying that was the hardest workout I've ever done and it's true.

I could only complete the first go through of the BWM. I 'grayed out', so I couldn't go through it a second time, even with the rest period. I tried and felt like I was going to fall over, lol. I'm definitely hoping to see some improvement, but with that being said, I feel great knowing I pushed my body to its absolute max. I don't feel like I've ever pushed quite this hard before.