New Rules of Lifting (for Women) Group - Part 2

Options

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I haven't caught up with you ladies in a while. I just completed the first workout of Phase 3 last night. There isn't a muscle in my body that isn't screaming today. Everytime I start a new phase, it seems like I'm saying that was the hardest workout I've ever done and it's true.

I could only complete the first go through of the BWM. I 'grayed out', so I couldn't go through it a second time, even with the rest period. I tried and felt like I was going to fall over, lol. I'm definitely hoping to see some improvement, but with that being said, I feel great knowing I pushed my body to its absolute max. I don't feel like I've ever pushed quite this hard before.

I couldn't do the body matrix twice either on my first try. Even on the final workout, it was brutal getting through both sets.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! My goal is to start in Jan. Reading the book now. Anyone knows about a new group or someone starting in Jan? Would like a work out "partner". I also have tons of questions, more on that later!!! I cant wait to start though... I also have a the bowflex adjustable dumbells and a swiss ball. I will have to modify for the lat pulldowns and need to get a bench for step ups. I have no plans to doing the program in a gym. What is the estimated length of each workout? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! My goal is to start in Jan. Reading the book now. Anyone knows about a new group or someone starting in Jan? Would like a work out "partner". I also have tons of questions, more on that later!!! I cant wait to start though... I also have a the bowflex adjustable dumbells and a swiss ball. I will have to modify for the lat pulldowns and need to get a bench for step ups. I have no plans to doing the program in a gym. What is the estimated length of each workout? Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-
    Here is a group of ladies doing the NROLFW. Check it out! The work outs in stage 1 took me about 40 min. with warm up and stretch. Stage 2 workouts are a lot longer-more like an hour, the same for stage 3. I'm on stage 4 right now-it is the same as stage 2. Check out the group, a lot of info that has helped me a lot! Good luck with the program!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Thanks! How do I become a member of the group so I can reply to the posts?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas! You just join the group and done!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I posted in the group but figured I'd post here as well.

I'm currently reading all the threads and posts about the program and considering starting it myself.

I'm Rach, 23yr old, 5'3" and currently about 168lbs. Highest weight of about 205. My p90x is out on loan and the treadmill is getting a bit dull, so I'm looking to get back into lifting again. Just cleaned up my diet a bit cutting out a lot of processed food so I'm ready to add something else to benefit my health. This program sounds like a perfect fit so far.

Please feel free to add me. Looking for some great women for support. :flowerforyou:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    bump...i start stage 1 tonight
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bump... interested in starting this program.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    There's actually a "NROL4W" group, here on mfp - search it and join!

(also, there is a "women strength training" group, too)

Both have TONS of information, and posters who are very supportive.

Welcome!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IMDABOMBthe0wife0DABEAST
    Options
    bump for topic
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Almost done phase 1. I'm liking it, but I'm ready for something new. I haven't even looked at Phase 2 yet but I'm sure it's an *kitten* kicking
  • machinegunkate
    machinegunkate Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    boomp.
  • strongsteps
    Options
    Just bought the book.
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • coquette87
    coquette87 Posts: 114
    Options
    Bought the book over the weekend and started 1A1 today. Loved it! I'm still working up the courage to tackle the squat rack though. I did squats with dumbbells today. I'm not sure how to adjust the rack down for my height, and the staff at the university gym where I work out are pretty useless.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    even if they are "useless" it's their job to help you...MAKE THEM HELP you...dont wonder around the gym not getting the full use of it cause you dont know how to use something...better yet ask another lifter...i promise you they will help...i have never had a negative experience on the "big boy" side of the gym....they are very helpful - you just have to ASK....
    denise
    Bought the book over the weekend and started 1A1 today. Loved it! I'm still working up the courage to tackle the squat rack though. I did squats with dumbbells today. I'm not sure how to adjust the rack down for my height, and the staff at the university gym where I work out are pretty useless.
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Adding to My Topics :smile: