Do you get mistaken for looking older or younger than you re

Options

Replies

• aj_rock
    aj_rock Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Always get told I look older than I am, although I'm guessing it's just facial maturity...

Starting grade nine, teachers thought I was a 19 YO transfer from another school :P (the beard didn't help). More recently, I've been told I could pass for 24-26 easily; I use this knowledge a lot at bars :P
  • Kathy_Noring
    Kathy_Noring Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No offense against all the "young looking" people here, but reading how EVERYONE gets guessed younger makes me realize people just don't have a clue about age. I know I am not a good age guesser. At all.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think these days people would guess me about right. When I was in my mid 20s I was forever being asked what school I was at, and idea buying alcohol (in the UK, so people thought I was under 18). At 25, a 15 year old thought I was the same age as them.

I think I aged 10 years during my first pregnancy.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I went to the bar this past Friday and I was naturally carded at the door. I gave him by ID and of course the lighting was dim. So he shined a flashlight on the picture, looked up at me and back at the ID. He raised his eye brows and a hmmm sound and handed me my ID back. I was 45 pounds heavier on my driver's license than I am now. Although he didn't say anything, it was implied. (or am I just reading more into it? lol) I guess that means I dont look my age! I hope to pass for 30 all the way until I'm 40.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I always get carded and people always think that my younger sis by 2 years is my older sister, I tell her its not fair but hopefully when we get older I will still be told I look like the younger sister, I dont think I would mind so much then. haha. :laugh: oh and people sometimes mistake me for like an 18 year old. (im 25)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    People often tell me I look younger than my age, but I once played "fool the guesser" at an amusement park and he guessed me right on. I probably look my age, technically, but I think a lot of people think 42 is old and decrepit. :P

that is so funny! I played the fool guesser at the amusement park too. but I wanted him to guess my weight. when I was heavier, they always guessed wrong and I would always win. Now that I'm lighter, he guessed right on the nose! I saw what he was writing on his little slate and before I got on the scale, I thought, oh boy, I lost! :)
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I always had a baby face and looked 12 when I was 16, hated it till I got "older". I once got carded buying booze WITH my daughter who was 22 at the time, she laughed and laughed!! People still say I look younger than I am... I think I look my age, people are just always surprised I have 5 grandkids.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Oh and one time I went to a lounge with my sis and some friends. My sister was under 21 at the time and they didn't card her and gave her wrist band (so she can buy drinks) but the guy at the door carded me and still gave me a stamp on my hand (saying im under 21 and not able to drink) jerk! haha.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I am 30 and was told the other day I look 22. Guess that will really be working for me as I get older :-)
  • SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    some people tell me I look 24-22..the other day I got a 19 !!! lol

My fiance picks on me about it ..for I am 32 tommorrow , He is 42 .
    I constantly tell him that he better watch out he may get in trouble for messing around with young girls like me..hahaha
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Usually if you're Asian, people will guess you're much younger than you really are. Doesn't help that we're all pretty short in stature too.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    everyone says i look over 10 years younger I can pass for 35 or younger and i'm 44. Natural healthcare works best for me. You look good too.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Younger I'm happy to say!
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am always mistaken for younger, and when telemarketers call my house they always ask if they can speak to my parents.
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Younger. I think it has to do with the freckles...
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've always gotten that I look younger. I'm 27 and people usually guess between 18 and 21. We have good genes in my family. My parents don't look old enough to be my parents and my grandparents don't look as old as they are.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I am always mistaken for younger, and when telemarketers call my house they always ask if they can speak to my parents.

LOL I get that too. People think I am in my mid 20's when I am almost 40!! I even got ID'd when I bought some alcohol, I had my hair up and the legal age here is 19. I know I don't look that young but hey nice compliment.
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Usually younger. I still get carded sometimes and they are like " you are 40"???? Sorta feels good! Winning I suppose.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I get mistaken for younger depending on what i am wearing and who i am with.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I almost always get mistaken for younger than I am. And now since I have been losing weight it happens even more. I have been carded for alcohol and cigarettes recently, I'm 29.