Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm 57. You tell me.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hm, it depends on who's looking. The teenagers working at the grocery store don't card me too much anymore (darn it). But people around my age or older seem to be surprised when I tell them I'm 37. In fact, I crashed a shindig for my parent's 50th high school reunion last week and was asked if I was still in college! That was a nice little ego boost. :)

Thanks to my family for good genes!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    At 48, I'm usually mistaken for being in my early thirties. And it happens a lot. I figure people are either really lousy judges of age, or the fat is keeping the wrinkles at bay. God help me when it goes.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Always younger. When I was 16, people thought I was 12. At 18, they thought maybe 15/16. 21.. thought I was 18..

I guess this is a good thing?
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always get mistaken for looking younger...

PRO: When the door-to-door sales people come I just tell them my parents aren't home. (I live with a roommate + they are really pushy.)

CON: Always getting carded which sucks because then I have to find it in my black hole of a purse!
  • polo_princess
    Options
    Neither really. most people usually think im around the age that i am ... wish theyd say i looked younger though!!
  • cpck1
    cpck1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I usually get told i look about 22 but i just turned 30 in May. I love it! I hope when i am in my 50's i look like i am in my 30's still. that would be great! lol
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    one week i had a coworker say i looked 25 (at the time i was 21) and the week after a friend said i looked 19.
    i think people's perception of each other varies from person to person..
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 going on 36 and people never seem to guess my age. Weight has nothing to do with it, since I've been overweight most of my life. I do take care of my skin. Drink lots of water, use sunscreen, etc.
    There have been many times where someone looked older than me, and I would be shocked to find out they were the same age or older...
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm Nineteen, And Only Recently Have People Been Saying I Look Eighteen, Big Improvement! Before, I Was Getting Told I Looked Thirteen Ha:/, Everyone Thinks My Younger Sister [Two Years Younger]Is Older Than Me, She Does Look It To Be Fair Haha.
  • tlb42
    tlb42 Posts: 3
    Options
    People tend to think I'm younger and sometimes don't believe me when I tell them how old I really am! LOL
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Sadly for my daughter, more often than not when we're together, they think she's my wife. She's 20, and I was 32 when she was born.
    Most of my friends are much younger than I, and I generally get mid-40's as the guess of my age.
    I'm fit, I've never smoked or done drugs or ever been an alcoholic, and participate in activities that younger people do. I think that makes a difference.
  • skinnny1day
    Options
    I'm 23 and am always carded for alcohol. When I was 22, I was carded twice in 1 year for a rated R movie. That put me over the edge lol
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    When I was 17-18 I was passing for 21. Now at 48 no one believes me when I tell them how old I am. They all guess late 30's early 40's. My boyfriends family know I am older than he is (41).....they just don't know by how much!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My dentist thought I was 22, woohoo! (I am 29).
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Everyone thinks I'm younger, despite the extra weight I'm carrying.

To be fair though, I guess most people my age as younger than they really are.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    when people look at me they think younger. when they talk to me they think older.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    People always think I'm younger... It's my asian racial :)
  • gnan87
    Options
    people always put me 10 years older than what i am..am 24 lol
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    I'm 28... when ppl ask for my age, they want me to show them some ID b/c they think I'm lying & I'm really 19. Sorry, I can't help but be Asian & have a babyface!! LOL