Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I also want to add...(and I'm sure I'm speaking for some of the other guys here)...completely make up free Sunday mornings, in an old t-shirt and little more...along with a quick pony tail...will get you pulled back into bed faster than all the makeup and lingerie in the world.

Mhmm.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that so far only 1 guy (me) has commented and said the natural or a little make up was preferred (100% honest too).

That was followed by several posts by ladies commenting on how to do the full made up one different.

Not being sarcastic and don`t want it taken that way but please try to actually believe us guys when we say we like the real you. :flowerforyou:

She doesn't need the makeup. She's gorgeous as she is. But if SHE wants to get dressed up, put on a face o' fun and hit the town, then damnit, we're giving you a different red! *LOL*

Frankly, I don't particularly care what a man wants me to do so much as I care what makes me feel good. Which is likely why I'm single, but so be it :smokin:

Thanks lovely! I appreciate the help on finding my perfect lipstick!! :happy:

Also, I hardly wear makeup, but when I do.. I love me some mascara, eyeliner, and either pink or red lipstick!! :smokin:
  • mandeiko
    Options

This is truth. Completely.

I also can appreciate a woman who can pull off the 'red lipstick' look with class and dignity. They're truly few and far between.

For me, specifically...the 'natural' look (whatever the hell you actually have to DO to get there is irrelevant to me...even if it takes a gallon of makeup)...with accented eyes is hot. A little gloss or whatnot is nice too.

I've also seen the sparkly look, on what appears to be a natural face, with darker eyeliner etc...just be absolutely stunning (think Christina Aguilera in the 'Dirrty' video...who is SO opposite my 'ideal' type...yet still manages to pull off 'hot' on occasion).

The occasional night out with heavier eye makeup, and some properly chosen and applied lipstick isn't unappreciated either.

Anyway, there you have it.

And Odus hun...you most certainly have some of the hardest luck of anyone I've ever met lol. You seriously deserve to win the lottery young lady.

Tis true... I am not a very lucky person ;) But I am blessed!

I REALLY admire your spirit!!! :flowerforyou:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Seriously cannot remember the last time I wore make up :/
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    **double post fail**
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I also want to add...(and I'm sure I'm speaking for some of the other guys here)...completely make up free Sunday mornings, in an old t-shirt and little more...along with a quick pony tail...will get you pulled back into bed faster than all the makeup and lingerie in the world.

Mhmm.
    Yes to this.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    For me I like a more natural look. My wife wears makeup, but it looks like she hardly has any on, so I think the definition is different for everyone. I love that she looks great (and like the same person) either way. Not a fan of the "I ran into the back of a Max Factor truck" look. Less is always more.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Less is more in the make-up department! I try to look as natural as possible, but I do like to accentuate my eyes, as that's my fav feature. I don't gob the eyeliner on though. I want to look real. I am in natural sunlight alot & that's a true give away! If you can look good outside, you got it made!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    When dudes say "natural" what they mean is "fresh but not blantantly obvious that you're wearing make up".

My husband prefers make up, he doesn't say it, but I can tell! [=

I wear makeup about once a month, if that. Almost every guy I ever seriously dated, I met when I wasn't wearing anything at all on my face (not even mascara or lipstick).

They seemed to like it just fine ...
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    mention "make up" in a forum... and this thread will NEVER die!!! even after posting and pointing out the thread name multiple times lol

women are oblivious to the whole sentence except the word make up
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    mention "make up" in a forum... and this thread will NEVER die!!! even after posting and pointing out the thread name multiple times lol

women are oblivious to the whole sentence except the word make up

Hey man, I try to respect the dudes... I really do. I keep my shoes off when I'm in the kitchen ... but when I see dumb statements, I am obligated to reply. Because you know, women can't keep their mouths shut or whatever.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options

This is truth. Completely.

I also can appreciate a woman who can pull off the 'red lipstick' look with class and dignity. They're truly few and far between.

For me, specifically...the 'natural' look (whatever the hell you actually have to DO to get there is irrelevant to me...even if it takes a gallon of makeup)...with accented eyes is hot. A little gloss or whatnot is nice too.

I've also seen the sparkly look, on what appears to be a natural face, with darker eyeliner etc...just be absolutely stunning (think Christina Aguilera in the 'Dirrty' video...who is SO opposite my 'ideal' type...yet still manages to pull off 'hot' on occasion).

The occasional night out with heavier eye makeup, and some properly chosen and applied lipstick isn't unappreciated either.

Anyway, there you have it.

And Odus hun...you most certainly have some of the hardest luck of anyone I've ever met lol. You seriously deserve to win the lottery young lady.

Tis true... I am not a very lucky person ;) But I am blessed!

I REALLY admire your spirit!!! :flowerforyou:

DITTO! (Oh, no, did I just show my age? :ohwell: )
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Mhmm.

men and ponytails.. I don't get it
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Mhmm.

It's the way your neck sweeps up from your shoulders...and those short little hairs that escape the hair tie...and so many other things its impossible to describe.

It just works.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Think horsey here............
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Think horsey here............

Haha! Yeah, that part certainly doesn't hurt...but it's a ton more than that too lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    reviving this!!!
  • ThinspiredButterfly
    ThinspiredButterfly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    my fiance thinks im more attractive without makeup..but i cant go anywhere without..ill seriously cry..pathetic, i know. haha :]
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Most men claim that they prefer natural. What they are really preferring is the artistic application of makeup by women to appear natural.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    361934_700b.jpg

Truth.