Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

Options

Replies

• shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i had my eyeliner tattoo'd on. theres nothing more un natural than that!!! (in actuality it accents my eyes and is pretty subtle)

Actually, the tattoo artist did it much more "natural" than i ever could or did. the bloodshot eyes from stabbing myself with eyeliner pencil daily was just so attractive and then there was always the fear of blindness. yeah, i was that bad at it. like the little engine that couldnt.
    Lol, I actually stabbed myself in the eye trying to separate my lashes with a needle. I had to have someone guide me to a car and drive me to the eye doctor. I love mascara.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I don't particularly care what a man wants me to do so much as I care what makes me feel good. Which is likely why I'm single, but so be it :smokin:
    So is a thong out of the question?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I don't particularly care what a man wants me to do so much as I care what makes me feel good. Which is likely why I'm single, but so be it :smokin:
    So is a thong out of the question?

How would you know if I like things in my *kitten*? :huh:

Are you outside my window????
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like when my wife has the natural look, she is gorgeous as is. However, she does not feel as beautiful as she does when she has a little make up on. So when I tell her how beautiful she looks sans make up she always thinks I am just saying it to make it her feel good. When she puts it on she feels better and if that's what she likes then that's fine by me.

She looks great with make up on too but if I had a preference I'd go natural.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I really thought about not totally hijacking, but whatevs, I do what I want!!

Check it out - natural and made up... This was not a good day for 'natural' me. Normally I look pretty good with no makeup. But, I look good with makeup too. (I acutally ended up setting these pics side-by-side because the angle of my face and smile were the same and the weight difference was alarming)

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/081011a.jpg[/img]
  • infamousmk
    Options
    ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! PUT ON MAKEUP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

untitled.jpg

:laugh:

OMFG.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

If only. I'd like to test my new HD cam. POV baby!
  • odusgolp
    Options

untitled.jpg

OMFG.

Yeah, that's one reason I wear makeup. But there's since been four more facial injuries to add to it. It's really just amazing I still look human. :drinker:
  • odusgolp
    Options

If only. I'd like to test my new HD cam. POV baby!

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little.
  • infamousmk
    Options

untitled.jpg

OMFG.

Yeah, that's one reason I wear makeup. But there's since been four more facial injuries to add to it. It's really just amazing I still look human. :drinker:

Seriously? What the hell happened?
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I posted this last week in Most Embarassing Moment thread, which sort of explains it...

21 yrs old. Horrible car accident - muscles & skin removed from my skull and my eyeball is not really in it's socket. I'm conscious, but not sane. I tell the HOT paramedic on the scene that I'm 32 and drunk (I was 21 and sober) as he's cutting my clothes off of me and I'm vomiting into a bag. I seemingly forget I'm in an ambulance and I announce I have to take a piss and try to stand. Next thing I know, I'm in restraints, buck naked, bed pan under my *kitten*, with no scalp or eyeball, trying to talk the paramedic into going out for a drink after we "wrap this up."
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I posted this last week in Most Embarassing Moment thread, which sort of explains it...

21 yrs old. Horrible car accident - muscles & skin removed from my skull and my eyeball is not really in it's socket. I'm conscious, but not sane. I tell the HOT paramedic on the scene that I'm 32 and drunk (I was 21 and sober) as he's cutting my clothes off of me and I'm vomiting into a bag. I seemingly forget I'm in an ambulance and I announce I have to take a piss and try to stand. Next thing I know, I'm in restraints, buck naked, bed pan under my *kitten*, with no scalp or eyeball, trying to talk the paramedic into going out for a drink after we "wrap this up."

::stifling giggles:: I am so very very happy you are okay, but that has to be one of the best stories ever. I kind of love you.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I went under a bigger car and the windshield came into me, essentially. But that actually goes back into my head a little way and all of the muscles, etc under my scalp were also tore off so the stitching beneath the surface was extensive. Plus the eye. When the first looked, the doctor said in no uncertain terms, I would lose my eye. Plastic Surgeon was able to save it, though.

I've also run through a sliding glass door and have a two inch scar straight down the middle of my nose.

I fell and my glasses went into my head cutting through the middle of my GOOD eyebrow that didn't get screwed up in the accident.

I fell in stilettos in my own kitchen and bashed my chin against the kitchen counter slicing it down to the bone.

I'm a walking nightmare. I forgot I have hands and fall face first.
  • odusgolp
    Options

::stifling giggles:: I am so very very happy you are okay, but that has to be one of the best stories ever. I kind of love you.

Thank you :blushing: I loved you at you knowledge of red lipsticks :)
  • infamousmk
    Options

Thank you :blushing: I loved you at you knowledge of red lipsticks :)

:blush: Thanks! A good woman always knows how to wear red lipstick! :D
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, but it seems like this is an unnatural dichotomy. There aren't just 2 looks (natural, makeup). There's a lot. I worked in the skin care and cosmetic industry and saw a massive variety - both before and after they washed. Here's a few:

- all natural, doesn't use soap or anything, whatever runs into her face from the shampoo or whatever is about as much as she gets.
    -washes regularly with a good cleanser, but no makeup
    - good skin care, light makeup (natural toned foundation and maybe eyeliner/mascara and lipgloss)
    - no skin care, tries to cover it with tons of makeup
    - good skin care, heavy makeup (foundation, lots of color on eyes, bold lips, heavy mascara, etc)
    -wrong color foundation
    -good skin care, moderate makeup (right color foundation, well blended colors on eyes, cheek, lips, light mascara)
    and the list goes on...

I think when most guys think of the makeup look, they're thinking of HEAVY makeup. I've seen women with so much mascara that it looks like there's a spider on their eye! Many women wear light to moderate makeup and still look natural, and most guys wouldn't know unless they watch them put it on or take it off. Most guys I've met prefer a more natural look (except for those "special occasions") and most women I've worked with enjoy the feeling of doing something to "look nice", even if it's just good skin care.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    I went under a bigger car and the windshield came into me, essentially. But that actually goes back into my head a little way and all of the muscles, etc under my scalp were also tore off so the stitching beneath the surface was extensive. Plus the eye. When the first looked, the doctor said in no uncertain terms, I would lose my eye. Plastic Surgeon was able to save it, though.

I've also run through a sliding glass door and have a two inch scar straight down the middle of my nose.

I fell and my glasses went into my head cutting through the middle of my GOOD eyebrow that didn't get screwed up in the accident.

I fell in stilettos in my own kitchen and bashed my chin against the kitchen counter slicing it down to the bone.

I'm a walking nightmare. I forgot I have hands and fall face first.

*wrapping you in bubble wrap* ... just make sure you take it off before you work out, ok?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't want to butt in, but I just wanted to contribute with my observation. Most men I know can't really tell when woman is wearing makeup if she applies it in a natural looking way. And then they see women who are sporting a natural makeup look and love how she looks not realizing what she's actually done to her face.

My boyfriend, for example, was so disapointed when he saw pictures of celebs without makeup and realized they look just like normal people. He honest to god thought celebrities naturally had 1 inch long eyelashes, perfectly even and symmetric brows, perfectly even-toned skin with no pores, chiseled cheekbones and rosy cheeks.

So in my experience, most guys that say they prefer a bare face don't really mean it because they don't even know how that looks like for the general woman population. LOL.
    When dudes say "natural" what they mean is "fresh but not blantantly obvious that you're wearing make up".

My husband prefers make up, he doesn't say it, but I can tell! [=

This is truth. Completely.

I also can appreciate a woman who can pull off the 'red lipstick' look with class and dignity. They're truly few and far between.

For me, specifically...the 'natural' look (whatever the hell you actually have to DO to get there is irrelevant to me...even if it takes a gallon of makeup)...with accented eyes is hot. A little gloss or whatnot is nice too.

I've also seen the sparkly look, on what appears to be a natural face, with darker eyeliner etc...just be absolutely stunning (think Christina Aguilera in the 'Dirrty' video...who is SO opposite my 'ideal' type...yet still manages to pull off 'hot' on occasion).

The occasional night out with heavier eye makeup, and some properly chosen and applied lipstick isn't unappreciated either.

Anyway, there you have it.

And Odus hun...you most certainly have some of the hardest luck of anyone I've ever met lol. You seriously deserve to win the lottery young lady.
  • odusgolp
    Options

This is truth. Completely.

I also can appreciate a woman who can pull off the 'red lipstick' look with class and dignity. They're truly few and far between.

For me, specifically...the 'natural' look (whatever the hell you actually have to DO to get there is irrelevant to me...even if it takes a gallon of makeup)...with accented eyes is hot. A little gloss or whatnot is nice too.

I've also seen the sparkly look, on what appears to be a natural face, with darker eyeliner etc...just be absolutely stunning (think Christina Aguilera in the 'Dirrty' video...who is SO opposite my 'ideal' type...yet still manages to pull off 'hot' on occasion).

The occasional night out with heavier eye makeup, and some properly chosen and applied lipstick isn't unappreciated either.

Anyway, there you have it.

And Odus hun...you most certainly have some of the hardest luck of anyone I've ever met lol. You seriously deserve to win the lottery young lady.

Tis true... I am not a very lucky person ;) But I am blessed!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    The trick to make up is less is more. A woman could be wearing a full face of make up and if done properly someone might think she's hardly wearing any.