Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options

Like when a female says she wants personality over looks.
    Doh!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I don't want to butt in, but I just wanted to contribute with my observation. Most men I know can't really tell when woman is wearing makeup if she applies it in a natural looking way. And then they see women who are sporting a natural makeup look and love how she looks not realizing what she's actually done to her face.

My boyfriend, for example, was so disapointed when he saw pictures of celebs without makeup and realized they look just like normal people. He honest to god thought celebrities naturally had 1 inch long eyelashes, perfectly even and symmetric brows, perfectly even-toned skin with no pores, chiseled cheekbones and rosy cheeks.

So in my experience, most guys that say they prefer a bare face don't really mean it because they don't even know how that looks like for the general woman population. LOL.

^this
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm screwed, because I don't look natural in any way.
    But I don't look plastic, I just like playing with eye makeup. o_o
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    So it looks like most of the men here prefer a "natural look". Carry on.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I hate wearing make-up, makes me look like a clown but I need to wear some at work since I'm meeting a lot of suppliers and also I'm in constant communication with the top management people & I don't want to appear like I have just washed my face. I only do with face powder, slight blush on cheeks and a little eyeliner.

EDIT: also I can get away with face powder & a lipstick
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I try to avoid looking like a drag queen, but I :heart: makeup.

This made me lol...
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    no make up, never dated any one who wears it, just a preference, not condemning
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i had my eyeliner tattoo'd on. theres nothing more un natural than that!!! (in actuality it accents my eyes and is pretty subtle)
    really? I always cringe when I see or hear about people tattooing on make-up. Make-up trends change so often. Don't you worry about what it will look like over time?

no, i'm not worried. i didnt go all crazy with it. i am not one to follow trends....at all. it is very subtle. i can go back every year or so and get it touched up if needed. i can add pencil to it if i want darker/thicker lines for that day/evening....i just rarely ever do. i love it the way she did it. i have done my eyeliner the same way for as long as i can remember. so its not something i change. it will fade over time though if i dont have touchups done. so no worries. at least not for me.

i will however say that i know people who got their eyebrows tattoo'd, and i believe that to be a no no.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I loveee my make-up, but It's important to know when to wear it.
    like you won't see me at the gym with it on.

but when guys say they prefer the natural look, they are lying.

Like when a female says she wants personality over looks.

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

in killa's absence...
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    NATURAL!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    This made me happy! since i dont wear any:)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    My husband prefers that I go barefaced, but I do wear makeup to work. I got tired of being asked if I was sick all the time. However, most of my coworkers don't know that I wear it. I have had at least two tell me that it must be nice to not have to put makeup on in the morning and then they are shocked when I tell them that I used at least 7 different products on my face to create the look.

However, my husband knows me well enough to know when I'm sick, healthy or somewhere in between. He knows what I'm trying to hide, and prefers that I just let things go.

Sometimes, when women try to hide the things that make them insecure, they end up looking just as strange as a man with a toupee. It's a very slippery slope.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    naaaturaal!! for sure!!! girls that are done up... look like divas/barbies

edit that... they are divas/barbies!!! n they got attitudes to match so trust me u want to be nowhere near them!

I wear make-up, and I don't have an attitude. Women are not all the same you know. We come in more then 2 categories.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm screwed, because I don't look natural in any way.
    But I don't look plastic, I just like playing with eye makeup. o_o

Don't worry I enjoy make-up too. Guess I'm not these guys type. Oh well. I've never had a problem finding men. Some men out their enjoy when women put time into their selves to look beautiful for them.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    naaaturaal!! for sure!!! girls that are done up... look like divas/barbies

edit that... they are divas/barbies!!! n they got attitudes to match so trust me u want to be nowhere near them!

I wear make-up, and I don't have an attitude. Women are not all the same you know. We come in more then 2 categories.

There are? Thank God because I couldn't decide if I was Diva or Barbie :tongue:

Seriously, the stereotyping is so fun...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have to put my two cents on this subject, because I am kind of offended by SOME of the comments. When I go to work or out i wear makeup.....foundation, powder, eyeshadow, liner, mascara blush lipstick/or lipgloss. I even wear concealer sometimes. I would wear eye pencil if i had to, but my dad graced me with great eyebrows that are nice and full. I by NO MEANS am this diva that thinks her shizz doesn't stink. I don't think makeup has that stigma to it....ie. shes a gold digger, only cares about looks, thinks shes higher than others....etc....I have makeup in all my profile pics except for one i actually went all bare to show that i'm not horrendous without it. I LOVE makeup....i love playing with it, seeing what shades make my eyes pop, seeing what colors make my cheekbones stand out, what color makes my teeth whiter....etc. In fact, most of you guys that see a woman and think "wow she is a natural beauty" are actually seeing 20 mins of makeup application.

When you see people like that HILARIOUS pic of the dog licking that womans face, or tammy faye baker, there is a psychological issue behind it. they are trying to cover up themselves because they are afraid of people seeing who they really are....its not so much of a looks thing rather than it is a self esteem issue.

In all honesty, what is wrong with wanting full eyebrows that don't have bare spots in them? what wrong with wanting to enhance your features or even wanting to elongate your eyelashes? If you want the natural look then don't freaking complain if we have stubble on our legs or armpits and if we have beard whiskers rubbing up against your face
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    make up is supposed to be used to enhance natural beauty...if applied the right way its nice. I dont wear it all the time but when we go out I do. :-) I would agree however that many over do it!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    make up is supposed to be used to enhance natural beauty...if applied the right way its nice. I dont wear it all the time but when we go out I do. :-) I would agree however that many over do it!

yeah right! i have seen so many people with natural racoon black eyes and blue eyelids ......they are usually involved in a crime scene, but hey.....its natural lol
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I tend to not wear makeup.. mainly because I have a really weird skin tone that is hard to match.. most foundations turn orange(and I mean Ompa Lompa Orange!) on my skin.

I have found a mineral make up that works out well and looks like I'm wearing nothing.. which is nice. Throw a pearly eye shadow on my eyes, mascara and I'm good to go. No eye liner for me.... I look like a raccoon :)
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    I tend to not wear makeup.. mainly because I have a really weird skin tone that is hard to match.. most foundations turn orange(and I mean Ompa Lompa Orange!) on my skin.

I have found a mineral make up that works out well and looks like I'm wearing nothing.. which is nice. Throw a pearly eye shadow on my eyes, mascara and I'm good to go. No eye liner for me.... I look like a raccoon :)
    \

I have the same problem! I'm very very very pale, and with pink undertones.....when i go to the lightest in most colors, i get a super orange pink color, which why in the world would anyone want to be pink on purpse?

I really like mac makeup, because you can try which color combinations work for your skin, or even sephora has nice makeup options....but if its store brand i like nutregena healthy skin classic ivory....its one of the very very very few classic ivories that don't ahve that awful pink tone to it