Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, here's the true test.
    You may not find me attractive by any means, but BE HONEST, which look do you prefer on me?

You are a beautiful lady,there is no question on that but honestly would say that all natural and semi natural are the best and each have their place and time.
    The last one I don`t like as much but that is my opinion and I hope you don`t find it insulting or offensive.:flowerforyou:

Thank you! Not offended at all! A lot of people don't like the red lipstick :P I only do it on occasion. Thanks for your input!!

Have you tried a more blue-based red? I'm a fan of red lipstick, but we all have our own 'perfect shade'!

Hmm no, I haven't. You think that would be better for my skin tone? I'm pale as heck! :P

I think from your picture yes, a blue-based red would be better. The orange undertone in the lipstick you're wearing seems to highlight your naturally reddish undertones in your skin. If you can find one in the same deepness as the one you're wearing, but a little more on the blue side, you'd probably rock it hardcore.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    /pwned thread
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    You may not find me attractive by any means, but BE HONEST, which look do you prefer on me?

You are a beautiful lady,there is no question on that but honestly would say that all natural and semi natural are the best and each have their place and time.
    The last one I don`t like as much but that is my opinion and I hope you don`t find it insulting or offensive.:flowerforyou:

Thank you! Not offended at all! A lot of people don't like the red lipstick :P I only do it on occasion. Thanks for your input!!

Have you tried a more blue-based red? I'm a fan of red lipstick, but we all have our own 'perfect shade'!

Hmm no, I haven't. You think that would be better for my skin tone? I'm pale as heck! :P

I think from your picture yes, a blue-based red would be better. The orange undertone in the lipstick you're wearing seems to highlight your naturally reddish undertones in your skin. If you can find one in the same deepness as the one you're wearing, but a little more on the blue side, you'd probably rock it hardcore.

I will definitely check that out!! Thank you! (I'm no good with make-up knowledge!!) :P
  • infamousmk
    Options

I will definitely check that out!! Thank you! (I'm no good with make-up knowledge!!) :P

You're welcome! I'm a makeup hobbyist, so it's like building model trains for my face.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

You're gorgeous... but she's totally right. You need a different red. Merle Norman sold one called Hot Date that would be perfect on you... they now have one nearly identical but the name is escaping me. Could be heartthrob? It's meant for you...
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options

ZERO makeup. ALL natural.
    39876_10150234079010394_649620393_14327011_2945473_n.jpg

A little mascara and concealer. A semi-natural look.
    Photo_00001.jpg

Full on make-up. AKA the "make-up" look.
    154238_467166905078_575890078_6176963_672483_n.jpg

I'm not a guy but I think you look beat with your natural face and semi natural. But that's just me!!
  • mandeiko
    Options

You're welcome! I'm a makeup hobbyist, so it's like building model trains for my face.

That's awesome. I wish I knew more about it!! :) I have friends help me out!
  • mandeiko
    Options
    You're gorgeous... but she's totally right. You need a different red. Merle Norman sold one called Hot Date that would be perfect on you... they now have one nearly identical but the name is escaping me. Could be heartthrob? It's meant for you...

Thank you! I will definitely check out that kind! I love the red lipstick look (Think: Marilyn), so if I could find the perfect one, it would be awesome :)
  • mandeiko
    Options
    I'm not a guy but I think you look beat with your natural face and semi natural. But that's just me!!

Beat? Is that a good or bad thing? I'm not sure I follow. :huh: Hehe.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that so far only 1 guy (me) has commented and said the natural or a little make up was preferred (100% honest too).

That was followed by several posts by ladies commenting on how to do the full made up one different.

Not being sarcastic and don`t want it taken that way but please try to actually believe us guys when we say we like the real you. :flowerforyou:
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I wear makeup because it makes me feel more self confident and I am pretty sure the guys will agree that self confidence (not snarky self delusions of grandeur, just comfortable in their own skin) women are the most attractive regardless of makeup or not. If I walk in like I own my skin, and like who I am, then the people around me will most likely like who I am too. I just find it easier to do that when I have applied my makeup.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    I find it interesting that so far only 1 guy (me) has commented and said the natural or a little make up was preferred (100% honest too).

That was followed by several posts by ladies commenting on how to do the full made up one different.

Not being sarcastic and don`t want it taken that way but please try to actually believe us guys when we say we like the real you. :flowerforyou:

I prefer just a little make up and a sweet perfume. I want the real you to shine through. Seriously a lot of make up just hides what we want to see, which is you.
  • odusgolp
    Options

She doesn't need the makeup. She's gorgeous as she is. But if SHE wants to get dressed up, put on a face o' fun and hit the town, then damnit, we're giving you a different red! *LOL*

Frankly, I don't particularly care what a man wants me to do so much as I care what makes me feel good. Which is likely why I'm single, but so be it :smokin:
  • infamousmk
    Options

I don't care what guys prefer! I like wearing makeup for myself. It's fun for me. I don't wear it every day, and I don't wear the same amount every time I wear it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

She doesn't need the makeup. She's gorgeous as she is. But if SHE wants to get dressed up, put on a face o' fun and hit the town, then damnit, we're giving you a different red! *LOL*

Frankly, I don't particularly care what a man wants me to do so much as I care what makes me feel good. Which is likely why I'm single, but so be it :smokin:

It really doesn`t matter to me but found it interesting as far as how these threads are responded to. :tongue:
  • infamousmk
    Options

It really doesn`t matter to me but found it interesting as far as how these threads are responded to. :tongue:

I'll give you that - this has been quite an interesting thread. And I really avoided posting in it (starting my own thread to women about wearing makeup), but once I saw at least one comment saying that made up women get more attention, I had to butt in. I'm a lady until I'm provoked. :D
  • odusgolp
    Options
    ARRRRRGGGHHHH!!!! PUT ON MAKEUP! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!

untitled.jpg

:laugh:
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    misskortney - why don't you start a blog for us make-up challenged ladies? :)
  • infamousmk
    Options
    misskortney - why don't you start a blog for us make-up challenged ladies? :)

I am the most inconsistent blogger ever lol.... I tell you what though, I'll start a thread to chat about it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options

ZERO makeup. ALL natural.
    39876_10150234079010394_649620393_14327011_2945473_n.jpg

A little mascara and concealer. A semi-natural look.
    Photo_00001.jpg

Full on make-up. AKA the "make-up" look.
    154238_467166905078_575890078_6176963_672483_n.jpg
    Honestly 1 and 2. The red lipstick and outlined eyes in 3 did me in.