Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

Options

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    make up is supposed to be used to enhance natural beauty...if applied the right way its nice. I dont wear it all the time but when we go out I do. :-) I would agree however that many over do it!

yeah right! i have seen so many people with natural racoon black eyes and blue eyelids ......they are usually involved in a crime scene, but hey.....its natural lol

that seriously made me LOL too funny!!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I don't want to butt in, but I just wanted to contribute with my observation. Most men I know can't really tell when woman is wearing makeup if she applies it in a natural looking way. And then they see women who are sporting a natural makeup look and love how she looks not realizing what she's actually done to her face.

My boyfriend, for example, was so disapointed when he saw pictures of celebs without makeup and realized they look just like normal people. He honest to god thought celebrities naturally had 1 inch long eyelashes, perfectly even and symmetric brows, perfectly even-toned skin with no pores, chiseled cheekbones and rosy cheeks.

So in my experience, most guys that say they prefer a bare face don't really mean it because they don't even know how that looks like for the general woman population. LOL.

You took the words right out of my mouth... I don't wear a whole lot of makeup unless I'm going ALL out, and even still I don't pound it on. I DO wear the natural look WITH makeup, and the guys don't realize my skin really isn't this flawless. I do have circles under my eyes, and the occasional pimples. :tongue: But, it's okay that they are that naive. It's adorable sometimes. :wink:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I tend to not wear makeup.. mainly because I have a really weird skin tone that is hard to match.. most foundations turn orange(and I mean Ompa Lompa Orange!) on my skin.

I have found a mineral make up that works out well and looks like I'm wearing nothing.. which is nice. Throw a pearly eye shadow on my eyes, mascara and I'm good to go. No eye liner for me.... I look like a raccoon :)
    \

I have the same problem! I'm very very very pale, and with pink undertones.....when i go to the lightest in most colors, i get a super orange pink color, which why in the world would anyone want to be pink on purpse?

I really like mac makeup, because you can try which color combinations work for your skin, or even sephora has nice makeup options....but if its store brand i like nutregena healthy skin classic ivory....its one of the very very very few classic ivories that don't ahve that awful pink tone to it

Yea.. I wear Bare Minerals currently.. Foundation and eye shadow.

The one drugstore brand I found was by Lorea'l.. that true match in like the lightest shade with a cool undertone. I don't wear it much anymore due to I hate how actual foundation feels now that I've worn mineral makeup.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Lol, some women are telling US what we men really like? What you should say is that the type of man interested in you are naive.................
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    Lol, some women are telling US what we men really like? What you should say is that the type of man interested in you are naive.................

.............and those true words put an end to a long thread..............

ps. wheres the thumbs up symbol for u? lol
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I do wear makeup cause my skin is terrible, but I try not to pile it on.

Question for the guys though....do you like when girls play up their eyes? Or do you prefer eyes all natural too?
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    the question isnt 0 make up or 100% make up... "natural look" is either no make up at all or she looks the same and still pretty without the make up... and "make up" ranges from anywhere that you can tell this girl has make up on to looking like a clown... and as you can see most of the guys (if you skip the girls posting how they do their make up) you will see they like the natural look.. except couple regular pervs that i see posting.. "as long as shes naked doesnt matter how much make up she has on" <--- that guy needs to get a gf...

as for ur question its okay to put a little eye liner on or w/e as long as you dont end up looking like a raccoon...
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do wear makeup cause my skin is terrible, but I try not to pile it on.

Question for the guys though....do you like when girls play up their eyes? Or do you prefer eyes all natural too?
    A little eye shadow is cool. Eyeliner and mascara aren't needed IMO.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    To clarify for the fellas... Well, in my experience. Mascara can be worn and still have the natural look, if the girl knows how to apply it right. (No clumping) Eyeliner, no. Eye shadow, maybe if it's nude shades. Foundation, to a point yes. Bronzer, hell no. Powder, maybe. Lipstick and gloss, no.

Just saying... :o) Hope no body jumps down my throat on something that is merely an opinion. Putting in my two cents, that's all.
  • Berta53
    Berta53 Posts: 29
    Options
    I like make up but use mineral powder so it doesn't look as if you have any make up on! just a little smear of lipstick & blusher them i am good to go only time i wear mascara is when i am going on a night out :wink:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    This thread got me thinking..

If you were to put me and my sister in a room with men, they would most likely all flock to her. She wears makeup and does up her hair and wears the short shorts, skirts, etc. She's very pretty by society standards. She's a bit skinnier than I am but still has extra weight from having children, so she doesn't have a perfect body by any means.

Where as I do not wear the short shorts, do not wear make up and i don't do up my hair. Now I know i'm still beautiful and cute but guys don't notice me half as much as they notice her because she does herself up "right"

The funny part is that my sister is not book smart, she isn't street smart and quite frankly she is terrible in relationships. She's pretty dense. She has trust issues and jealously issues and treats most men like crap and cares a whole heck of a lot more about material possessions than finding a man who will be by her side through thick and thin. Yet she always has men drooling after her.

Now i love my sister to death but I always feel so sorry for the men who date her and deal with her craziness.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    This thread got me thinking..

If you were to put me and my sister in a room with men, they would most likely all flock to her. She wears makeup and does up her hair and wears the short shorts, skirts, etc. She's very pretty by society standards. She's a bit skinnier than I am but still has extra weight from having children, so she doesn't have a perfect body by any means.

Where as I do not wear the short shorts, do not wear make up and i don't do up my hair. Now I know i'm still beautiful and cute but guys don't notice me half as much as they notice her because she does herself up "right"

The funny part is that my sister is not book smart, she isn't street smart and quite frankly she is terrible in relationships. She's pretty dense. She has trust issues and jealously issues and treats most men like crap and cares a whole heck of a lot more about material possessions than finding a man who will be by her side through thick and thin. Yet she always has men drooling after her.

Now i love my sister to death but I always feel so sorry for the men who date her and deal with her craziness.
    Drooling men aren't usually the type to hang around. They're drooling for a reason. But you said it yourself, the guys she attract aren't "relationship" material. That's probably directly related to how she makes herself up.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    (I'm not a dude - I'm commenting anyway) ... I think the theory that 'made up' or 'scantily clad' women get more attention from men is bogus. When I was single I was overweight, I would go out in very minimal makeup (this was before my makeup obsession), sneakers, jeans, and teeshirts. I looked put together, but not skimpy or 'done up' ... and I got more play than pac man. I smiled, I made eye contact, and I was always friendly and courteous to any one around me. You don't have to be skinny, slutty, or smeared with war paint to get a man's attention.. huh .. I may have also proved the point coming through that men do prefer a more natural look ... *pondering* ...

either way, I wear a lot of make up quite often nowadays, and I still get hit on... I ascertain it's the eyes, smile, and friendliness.
  • mandeiko
    Options
    Alrighty, here's the true test.
    You may not find me attractive by any means, but BE HONEST, which look do you prefer on me?

ZERO makeup. ALL natural.
    39876_10150234079010394_649620393_14327011_2945473_n.jpg

A little mascara and concealer. A semi-natural look.
    Photo_00001.jpg

Full on make-up. AKA the "make-up" look.
    154238_467166905078_575890078_6176963_672483_n.jpg
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    You may not find me attractive by any means, but BE HONEST, which look do you prefer on me?

ZERO makeup. ALL natural.
    39876_10150234079010394_649620393_14327011_2945473_n.jpg

A little mascara and concealer. A semi-natural look.
    Photo_00001.jpg

Full on make-up. AKA the "make-up" look.
    154238_467166905078_575890078_6176963_672483_n.jpg

You are a beautiful lady,there is no question on that but honestly would say that all natural and semi natural are the best and each have their place and time.
    The last one I don`t like as much but that is my opinion and I hope you don`t find it insulting or offensive.:flowerforyou:
  • hopespringseternal
    Options
    I'm strictly a lip gloss, eye liner, and mascara girl. Just a little something to make the eyes and lips pop. And I only wear that for special occations. My husband is pretty flexible.
  • mandeiko
    Options

You are a beautiful lady,there is no question on that but honestly would say that all natural and semi natural are the best and each have their place and time.
    The last one I don`t like as much but that is my opinion and I hope you don`t find it insulting or offensive.:flowerforyou:

Thank you! Not offended at all! A lot of people don't like the red lipstick :P I only do it on occasion. Thanks for your input!!
  • infamousmk
    Options

Thank you! Not offended at all! A lot of people don't like the red lipstick :P I only do it on occasion. Thanks for your input!!

Have you tried a more blue-based red? I'm a fan of red lipstick, but we all have our own 'perfect shade'!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Accidental double posting in a thread for dudes is probably some kind of major forum faux pas.
  • mandeiko
    Options

Have you tried a more blue-based red? I'm a fan of red lipstick, but we all have our own 'perfect shade'!

Hmm no, I haven't. You think that would be better for my skin tone? I'm pale as heck! :P