Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

Options

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    When dudes say "natural" what they mean is "fresh but not blantantly obvious that you're wearing make up".

My husband prefers make up, he doesn't say it, but I can tell! [=
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid looking like a drag queen, but I :heart: makeup.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Not a dude but personally I like to wear some mascara and a little foundation. Nothing crazy that includes fake lines on my eyebrows or a pound of eye shadow.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up but learned many years ago to go more "natural" then "made-up".
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    my hubby doesn't like make-up
    but when i do wear it (rarely)
    he makes a nice comment about it.
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Natural look to gently actcent....but that is easy to get with make up if that is friendly to your tone, not your clothing! Love the comments on this one!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options
    i like how the topic starts..:Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

few guys post an answer... the topic gets raided and taken over by women and no guys post back
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear so many guys like the natural look-gives me hope. ;)

I'll do makeup for special occasions but my only must-have is my tinted lip balm.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    i like how the topic starts..:Dudes- Do you prefer the "natural look" or "make up" look?

few guys post an answer... the topic gets raided and taken over by women and no guys post back
    Lol you knew it was going to happen.
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I must agree with one of the posters that most guys dont even realize it, and when they say they "dont like make up" they mean "dont like girls who have so much make up on, they look like barbies/clowns"
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I want my chick looking like bozo the clown. Cake that *kitten* on!
  • EuroDriver
    EuroDriver Posts: 254
    Options

Lol you knew it was going to happen.

lol yeah... the questions was what do the GUYS like more... not what you women like to do to ur selves or ur partners...
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Really disappointed... I seriously wanted to know what the guys think! :yawn:
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    natural, hands down.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

I cracked up when I read your post because that's exactly the way my son feels. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Here's his idea of the perfect makeup. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bobeck_mimi2.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I don't want to butt in, but I just wanted to contribute with my observation. Most men I know can't really tell when woman is wearing makeup if she applies it in a natural looking way. And then they see women who are sporting a natural makeup look and love how she looks not realizing what she's actually done to her face.

My boyfriend, for example, was so disapointed when he saw pictures of celebs without makeup and realized they look just like normal people. He honest to god thought celebrities naturally had 1 inch long eyelashes, perfectly even and symmetric brows, perfectly even-toned skin with no pores, chiseled cheekbones and rosy cheeks.

So in my experience, most guys that say they prefer a bare face don't really mean it because they don't even know how that looks like for the general woman population. LOL.
    Natural look doesn't mean "no make up" but a look that looks more natural rather than pancaking it on. One of my ex girlfriends did it and it took her an hour just to put on make up.
    Put it this way, if your sink "cakes" up in a couple of days from powder, it's too much make up IMO.
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    Natural or not a lot of makeup
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    When dudes say "natural" what they mean is "fresh but not blantantly obvious that you're wearing make up".

My husband prefers make up, he doesn't say it, but I can tell! [=
    I totally agree. What men don't realize is that a lot of times we are wearing make-up and they don't even know it. There have been times I mentioned my make-up and the bf has said, "You're wearing make-up right now?" I look natural most of the time, but when I do make myself up a little more I tend to get more, "You look good, babe" comments from him. It's subtle though.

edit: Sorry, I guess this was a redundant post. Sorry for the hijack guys.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

I cracked up when I read your post because that's exactly the way my son feels. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Here's his idea of the perfect makeup. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

bobeck_mimi2.jpg

Naturally overdone is the way to go!
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i had my eyeliner tattoo'd on. theres nothing more un natural than that!!! (in actuality it accents my eyes and is pretty subtle)