Sept. Going Tribal Challenge: Team Hakuna Matata's (Closed G

Options

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    just checking, challenge day one sept 1st? sorry for bein so dense xxx

edit: does doing pygmy affect points or are they still the same? xxx

As long as you do one or the other it counts!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Gary realized this is a short week and modified the weekly schedule, please use this schedule starting 09/01 - with Sunday as rest day!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!

Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)

Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!

Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Gary realized this is a short week and modified the weekly schedule, please use this schedule starting 09/01 - with Sunday as rest day!

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. more youtube videos will be posted tomorrow!

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE

WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES

This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs)
    * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )

Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge

Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I will be doing the basic since I am new to the challenge and also do other exercises.
  • justrachelmarie
    justrachelmarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pygmy for me - this is my first!
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ooooo I think I found it !!! Yea!!!!
    ok, I am going to do the Pygmy...my heart says Bushmen but I dont want to let the team down sooo I am going to do what I know i will complete !!!! This old lady just might surprise myself but for September ..I WILL COMPLETE !!! NO EXCUSES !!!
    Go Hakuna Matata # 3...We can do this !!!!!!
    I will weigh in the a.m.
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Also going pygmy being this is my first challenge! Let's rock this!
  • Macka123
    Macka123 Posts: 45
    Options
    Something for our Sept. challengers:

If we all do our crunches
    instead of having munches,

If we all do our bit,
    get through the September's ****
    then look in the mirror
    and go: ''Oh, you look FIT!''

Or we all might get too thin
    through our captains being mean.
    They say we need a push
    and need to jump over a bush
    to firm up our tush.

OH DEAR----let's rock and roll xxx
  • megabux
    megabux Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    if you are unsure about whether you want to go through the pygmy or bushman series please keep in mind, pushing yourself is good, but only you know your body, only you can stop yourself from injury and only you can make this journey for yourself. Which ever you choose, put your all into it. We can do this!!!!

I will be doing the pygmy series with some modifications due to a (as it turns out) pretty damn serious hip injury. My doctor is pissed I didnt stop when she told me to LOL so I explained the whole challenge thing and she told me I can do it and gave me some great ideas for alternative exercises! YAY!

Good luck to everyone, Hakuna Matata, we are gonna rock the socks right off of September!
  • scgma
    Options
    ok, I am going to do the Pygmy...my heart says Bushmen but I dont want to let the team down sooo I am going to do what I know i will complete !!!! This old lady just might surprise myself but for September ..I WILL COMPLETE !!! NO EXCUSES !!!
    I will weigh in the a.m.

Go #3 but I just looked I am on team #2..and we are gonna rock this out...hehehehe!!!
    current weight 140lb
    goal weight 125lb
    and much much more tone !!!!!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    I will weigh in the a.m.

Start bushman and if you need move down to pgmy, don't cut yourself short!! I know you can do it.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    Something for our Sept. challengers:

If we all do our crunches
    instead of having munches,

If we all do our bit,
    get through the September's ****
    then look in the mirror
    and go: ''Oh, you look FIT!''

Or we all might get too thin
    through our captains being mean.
    They say we need a push
    and need to jump over a bush
    to firm up our tush.

OH DEAR----let's rock and roll xxx

LOVE IT!!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    if you are unsure about whether you want to go through the pygmy or bushman series please keep in mind, pushing yourself is good, but only you know your body, only you can stop yourself from injury and only you can make this journey for yourself. Which ever you choose, put your all into it. We can do this!!!!

I will be doing the pygmy series with some modifications due to a (as it turns out) pretty damn serious hip injury. My doctor is pissed I didnt stop when she told me to LOL so I explained the whole challenge thing and she told me I can do it and gave me some great ideas for alternative exercises! YAY!

Good luck to everyone, Hakuna Matata, we are gonna rock the socks right off of September!

Which is why I love this girl!! And she will have some great modification exercises if need be..
  • sexyharleymama
    Options
    itsbigjoesgal - what is the preferred methode for communicating our weight, exercise, calories, daily/weekly challanges? Do you send you a message for all of this? Do we send you emails daily or weekly? Just want to make sure I start this out right :happy:

September here we come!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • scgma
    Options
    I can do any...forum works, email is fine...whatever works best for you !!!
    :)
    Sonya
  • scgma
    Options
    I will weigh in the a.m.

Start bushman and if you need move down to pgmy, don't cut yourself short!! I know you can do it.

I think I will stick with pygmy...and add extra...
    I have been a bit on the slack side lately...I have lost 25 lbs and kinda quit when we moved. My work schedule does get in the way some but I am determined!!! Let's kick butt !!!
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    how do we record squat kicks in cardio? xxx
  • butterfly0589
    butterfly0589 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options
    itsbigjoesgal - what is the preferred methode for communicating our weight, exercise, calories, daily/weekly challanges? Do you send you a message for all of this? Do we send you emails daily or weekly? Just want to make sure I start this out right :happy:

September here we come!!!!! :bigsmile:

Weigh- In's need to be submitted to my PM

Challenges should be submitted to the forum. I prefer daily so we know everyone is rocking it out daily, and that way if you need encouragement we can give that to you.. but if you can't do daily weekly is fine.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    Options

I would record it as either Low Impact Aerobics or Conditioning/Calisthenics