Chobani Greek Yogurt or Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt, Which do

Options

Replies

• stephie4111
    stephie4111 Posts: 118
    Options
    i really like the fage I get the big size at costco and add fruit different stuff to it lots of protein and tasty
  • alyssawithsirens
    Options
    I love chobani, eat it almost everyday!(: xx
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like Fage. I add a little, .5T, of honey and cinnamon to a plain 6oz container, around 150 calories total, and it's better than the syrupy ones with flavor.
  • lax75
    lax75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Definitely prefer Chobani - ESPECIALLY THE BLACK CHERRY (which I can't always find) and the peach. When they're on sale I stock up and when they're not - I get them anyway! :-)

I also mix the vanilla (available in quart containers which is cheaper per oz.) with some Kashi Crunch for breakfast - very filling.
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Chobani is an American company that uses local dairy in NY (last I heard). Dannon is a French company. if any of that helps in your decision making...
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I dislike all forms of Dannon yogurt to the up most and I LOVE yogurt. Chobani is good I really love Fage it's thick and creamy, not too tart, the add-ins are just enough so as not to make the yogurt taste like fruit-flavored sugar. My daughter loves just the plain w/ honey mixed in. It's really worth the price in my opinion.

Edit: I feel like all Dannon products taste like chemicals I've never taken the time to read the labels on the Dannon products because I could never stand to eat the stuff so it never mattered to me. But I'm sure if you read the labels and compare it to all higher quality yogurt you maybe a bit turned off by it. Just a hunch.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    CHOBANI all the way! My fav: strawberry/bananna and the mango one! YUM, YUM!
  • USMCConditioning
    Options
    Hi there,

I have been seeing commercials on Tv saying that people prefer the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt over
    Chobani Greek Yogurt and I just wanted some opinions before I tried it.

I never liked Yogurt period until I joined MFP and learned about Chobani Greek Yogurt and so far its the only one
    that I can eat even after trying a few others. With that being said, it is a little pricey at $1.19 each and I eat 1 a day
    and I have been seeing commercials on TV for the Dannon Oikos Greek Yogurt and just wanted to see what people thought
    about it in comparison to Chobani.

I have heard of Fagi, At least I think thats what its called but I have never tried it, In Walmart they carry that brand with some fruit in a side cup instead of mixed in. The only place I can find Chobani is at Krogers.

I have had both, and i really enjoyed Dannon Oikos much more than the Chobani. I actually just had a serving of the Oikos vanilla flavor last night right before bed. Why? you ask, because it contains ingredients that are a good alternative to other supplements.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    they're honestly quite similar!! Fage is delicious too :) I'm sure if you like chobani you will like Oikos and Fage too!

i love greek yoghurt so much its not even funny, i must eat it 3 times a day :O
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Definitely prefer Chobani - ESPECIALLY THE BLACK CHERRY (which I can't always find) and the peach. When they're on sale I stock up and when they're not - I get them anyway! :-)

I also mix the vanilla (available in quart containers which is cheaper per oz.) with some Kashi Crunch for breakfast - very filling.

omg i mix it with Golean and its the ****ttttt :D
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Why? you ask, because it contains ingredients that are a good alternative to other supplements.

Actually, no one asked, but nice job making this about *you*
  • Maza63
    Maza63 Posts: 1
    Options
    You haven't tried the best greek yogurt
    In the world, it's called EVIA yogurt
    The only problem is its in Australia .
    Worth the trip down under just for the yogurt !!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    FAGE!! The best one by far IMHO :)
  • whodatlixxie
    Options
    I like them both, but find Chobani to be creamier and I like that "texture" better. Yoplait has a greek yogurt - I love the one with cherries and pomegranate. Fruit is on the bottom but it mixes very well. Texture is more like Chobani than Dannon.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Chobani plain with fresh strawberries and flax seed

Fage is also yummy
  • Stinkeymonkey
    Stinkeymonkey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like Fage 0% plain too! The only thing I mix into mine is a scoop of chocolate protein powder. Yummy!
  • dwiebe85
    dwiebe85 Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • jsugihara86
    jsugihara86 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Chobani= GROSS. Smells rotten and tastes nasty.

I get Greek Gods honey and then add some honey and cinnamon to mine.. tastes divine! :)
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHOBANI! Buy the big containers, most likely a better deal than the individuals. Expensive, but worth it.
  • missmelissavpk
    missmelissavpk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    from what i have seen Oikos is the only greek yogurt that ever has a plain, nonfat variety available. That variety is great for cooking with, and you can alter the taste with cocoa powder, protein mix, cinnamin and artificial sweetner. Also, the other ones seem like they have a higher sugar count than Oikos.