Butterball Babies~ ! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    My apologies to the pink team, but I am not doing well with this challenge! It all started going on vacation and starting out at +6 the first week. I have not managed to get anything off and actually weigh a few more pounds. I eat so healthy but haven't been working out due to my feet. I have my custom orthotics which are really helping. I am going to start working out again. I saw the doctor and they detemined I have insulin resistance (same as metabolic syndrome) so that explains my inability to lose weight right now. I am also on the low side for thyroid. So I have some supplements now and I will have to stick to extremely low carb in order to lose any weight. I have some hope but at the same time feel so pissed off at how much time this is taking me. I need to have consistency which is something that I struggle with. Even when I lost over 100 lbs over a 3 year period, I was so inconsistent. Lose 20 pounds in a month, then nothing for 6 months. I am starting to learn that my body is fighting against me and that pisses me off even more. All I can do is my best. I appreciate all of your friendship and support and I need the challenges. I can't focus on weight right now unfortunately as it just brings me down. He said this could take 6 months to get right. So for at least 6 months, I need to work out 6-7 days per week and eat very low carb. Even when I have carbs, he said I cannot eat more than 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup in one sitting. This is the example he gave me. If I eat 1 1/2 cups of rice in one sitting, I will gain weight. If I eat the same 1 1/2 cups of rice throughout the day at 3 different meals, I will not gain weight. This is because my body is not working right at this time. So for me, a calorie is not a calorie. It really matters what I eat. The crazy thing is that I already eat low carb most of the time (although I have my moments like when people bring in leftover holiday candy). I do need to start working out again. He recommended periodic fasting which I also already do. I just need to decide what is important to me. My health or the thousand other things that vie for my attention.

Sorry for the long post. For those of you that read it, thanks!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Laura-didya get in a good workout today yet?!!?! I DID!!!! and I will get in 1-2 (30min) walks at work too!!! after last night's potluck I may be screwed as far as the WI goes...but I'm gonna give it my all anyways (you never know right?!):tongue:

Annie-congrats on your NSV, and great job breakin your plateau...nothing more motivating that that IMO!!:drinker:

Kory-looks like you are doing pretty well with your protein, so good job there!!!! as for your workouts...it's hard finding the motivation sometimes, but remember...any little bit counts!! so even if you can't get in a massive burn, even a 20min walk is stil moving and burning cals...so go get some girl!:wink:

Melinda-sorry to hear about your predicament....anything we can do to help you out anymore?? any challenge that may help if we join you in it? feel free to msg me whenever you are on a slump day...I wil try my best to help get you through it . most importantly...never give up!!:flowerforyou:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    **************************************************************************************************
    TEAM YELLOW GOALS (through Tue-cept walks)

Cals burned: 2303
    WO mins: 352
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PERSONAL GOALS (through Tue)

OP: 5/5
    UC: 5/6
    Stay @ net (1200): actual-??
    Follow new WO plan for week: ??
    Last wks wt: 125.6lbs...............New wt: ??
    **************************************************************************************************
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    where do I go to get back on this?! or did I get kicked out?!!!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    bump, don't worry, im still alive..:laugh:
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Laura-didya get in a good workout today yet?!!?! I DID!!!! and I will get in 1-2 (30min) walks at work too!!! after last night's potluck I may be screwed as far as the WI goes...but I'm gonna give it my all anyways (you never know right?!):tongue:

Annie-congrats on your NSV, and great job breakin your plateau...nothing more motivating that that IMO!!:drinker:

Kory-looks like you are doing pretty well with your protein, so good job there!!!! as for your workouts...it's hard finding the motivation sometimes, but remember...any little bit counts!! so even if you can't get in a massive burn, even a 20min walk is stil moving and burning cals...so go get some girl!:wink:

Melinda-sorry to hear about your predicament....anything we can do to help you out anymore?? any challenge that may help if we join you in it? feel free to msg me whenever you are on a slump day...I wil try my best to help get you through it . most importantly...never give up!!:flowerforyou:

Tara-NO, I wish, but my flight was delayed so I didn't get in until after 6 and then had to eat dinner and take my M-I-L's present over to her for her b-day. I will definitely get it in tomorrow and finish this week off strong. I will probably do a morning workout and then ZUMBA at night! Glad you got your workout in!

Laura
  • tjradd73
    Options
    where do I go to get back on this?! or did I get kicked out?!!!

you're not kicked out!!! you just needed to post something to *bump* your spot!!!! besides you are part of my team so you can't go anywhere!! LOL:laugh: :wink:
  • tjradd73
    Options
    bump, don't worry, im still alive..:laugh:
    phew!!!! hope you are kickin butt over there!!!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Laura-sorry bout your flight....glad you got back safe!! don't forget...only 1 day left to kick butt before the weigh-in on Thursday!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Laura~Welcome Back! Hope you had a great time with your family!

Challenge Update:

Cals Burned: 3766
    Exercise Mins: 457

Sun-Weds:
    Under Calories: 2/4
    Under Sodium: 2/4
    Exercise: 2/4
    RI30: 2/4
    C25K: 1/3
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hi guys!
    still here, trying to eat better this week. my asthma is playing up so have to take it easy this week. missed my run yesterday with the club which i was disappointed about but i could not have made it through 10 mins! anyhoo, fingers crossed for today- i need to zumba! lol!

hope u are all hanging in there. once again, thanks tausha- this group has been fab and amazing! everyone is sooo motivated and i can see that everyone cheers on each other (apart from me as im a slacker with- so my apologies). Keep up the good work ladies :)
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    YIPPIE!! i figured out how to get back on here?!?!?! Don't know why i couldn't last night??!!! It was a LOOONNNGG day...

Haven't been active here to talk much BUT i am looking forward to tomorrow's WI

I'm on 6W6P & feeling skinny- hoping the scale will agree with the body, but won't beat myself up too bad if it decides not to?!!

Miss you all,
    jojo
  • NEcamper47
    NEcamper47 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the week. Using old format cause it's already on my sticky notes. Weight 255!:smile: Didn't have as much exercise cause I keep jacking up my knee.
    Thurs: 2 water, 129 cals, 2 f&V
    Fri: 4 water, 639 cals, 6 f&v
    Sat: 7 water, 466 cals, 2 f&v
    Sun: 4 water, 0 cals (sore knee) 3 f&v
    Mon: 5 water, 0 cals, 4 f&v
    Tues: 2 water, 348 cals, 5 f&v
    Wed: 3 water, 0 cals, 1 f&v
    Total calories burned: 1572 / 195 mins
    Total cups of water: 27/40
    Number of days over cals: 0/7
  • tjradd73
    Options
    TEAM YELLOW GOALS ('CEPT WED WALKS)

Cals burned: 2830
    WO mins: 458
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PERSONAL GOALS (FINAL)

OP: 6/5
    UC: 6/6
    Stay @ net (1200): actual-1337
    Follow new WO plan for week: DONE!!
    Last wks wt: 125.6lbs...............New wt: TBA (tomorrow)

Jojo-good luck tomorrow...I myself am super bloated...so I def do NOT feel skinny!

Pat-nice job on not being over on your cals, and looks like you are still bringing up your water, and fruts and veggies!! great job! hope your knee feels better soon.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Good luck on weigh ins girls! One more week! :0)
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tara. I'm just trying to educate myself on this stuff and not worry about my weight right now. Once I start doing things right, it will start coming off again.

Tausha, sorry for my lack of weigh-ins.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week to be checking in at 182.0 this week . I exercised 6 days and got 10 cups of water in on 5 of the 7 days !
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my delays - been crazy lately! Update for last week's challenge:

Thursday: 79 mins/765 cals (didn't count my house cleaning & laundry or taking Kitty back to V-E-T for follow up tho!); UNDER cals by 119 WHOO HOO!!
    Friday: 99 mins/1119 cals: UNDER cals by 205 (possibly more since I added quick cals to account for anything extra I may have ate while Baby Sis & BF were over); Yea, me!
    Saturday: Rest day - no "official" cals burned but did spend a few hours in IKEA getting ideas - logged as walking - 160mins/537 cals; was over cals due to treating ourselves, not too worried since had plans to do a killer workout Sunday
    Sunday: 105 mins/1002 cals: OVER by 101 :grumble: BOO!! I was so close and then I drank more whine :tongue:
    Monday: 114 mins/954 cals: UNDER cals by 13 - yea, me!
    Tuesday: 121 mins/1049 cals: UNDER cals by 119 - whoo hoo, I'm on a roll!
    Wednesday: 95 mins/1041 cals: WAY OVER cals by over 600 :grumble: Didn't like the roll anyways :tongue:

Burn as many cals as possible in the most minutes TOTALS: 773 minutes / 6467 calories
    Under cals: 4/7 days

Did better than I thought I would! Still no change in weight or measurements - just in a holding pattern. We'll see how the next couple weeks go. PS - I can't officialy weight myself anymore as I just joined a challenge to NOT weight until after the New Year! But I'm guessing if I haven't lost more than 1 pound no matter how vigorous or not I am I probably won't "lose" anymore... However I'm still checking measurements & I'm pretty sure I'm gaining muscle which is why theres no change there either - the fat is solidifying, so to speak :laugh:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    weighed in at 134.2 this week. I don't remember what my last weigh in was. I think I forgot to post last week's weight...however, I know I was up. So it's a loss. :)
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Okay, so last week, I was at 167.4 and this week 166.6...I didn't workout very much and still lost! WOO HOO...I need to lost at least 1.2lbs to make my goal but I want to lose as much as possible!!!!

Last week for us! OMG, it seems like forever since we started this and can't wait to keep going!!! Great job everyone!!!!

Laura