gotta run...
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Today's weight is down to 164.6
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,416 Member
    Options
    Whew, I have all my letters working on my keyboard again so I can check in now! 138.4 for the week. This is my last check in since we leave Saturday for our cruise (actually cruise on Sunday but we're going to Ft. Lauderdale a day early). I'll be able to log until the ship sails Sunday afternoon but then the phones go off and there goes my streak! I'm really hoping I can maintain during the cruise. I plan to eat good stuff but I'm not gonna deprive myself either. I'll be getting good workouts in all but 1 day and we'll be diving that day and then walking around the town afterwards so that is something.

This has been the best challenge I've ever participated in! You guys totally rock and I'd be interested to hear about your next one. Team Orange-what do you say??? I am gonna try and avoid the scale though for the month of
    December. I think my goal for that month will be to diligently log on those days I don't have any events and on the days I have something, get a great workout in and indulge in moderation.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    125.6...even for me!! better step it up for this last week...shooting for big numbers on the scale!!

congrats to everyone on their goals and with a loss!

special congrats to Jojo for reaching a new milestone!!:drinker:
  • KaeChelle
    Options
    My weight is 270.1, so that is a loss of 1.9 pounds. I am so sorry I have not been keeping up with the weekly challenges the last few weeks. I've just been so busy and distracted.

Team Pink-So sorry I haven't been around as much either. I started off great and towards the end here, just kind of got off track.

I didn't post the chart for the last weigh in. I am going out of town in the morning, and I will update the chart Sunday or Monday, so Tausha, please continue to send your spreadsheet!

I can't believe there's only one more week! Have a great one everybody!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I have been in bed sick since Tuesday so no exercise since. My minutes are only 385 for the week.

My weigh in is 125.4

That is a loss but I think it is fluids...so I am not getting too excited.

D
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    jtradd- THANKS!! ,

This has been great! My first and only time in my life have i ever had to report to someone (people!) my weight!! Having to chhieck in keeps me on key- sorry that i don't hardly ever post my calories or burns on here- but i am working hard- and i even just mention to my husband that i've lost 17 lbs since pretty much march i think(?) - is so crazy to say outloud!

cardbuc- YES this is a great challenge, i agree!!

keep working hard you turkey's!!

@DeeDee- hope you feel better
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Lw = 179.9lb (81.6kg)
    Tw = 177.7lb (80.6kg) - 2.2lb yay
    Sorry it is late
    Sorry i have not been on here as much, i have been working 5 days straight & not finishing till gone 9pm.
    I had an interview today for a job thats close to home, now it is a waiting game to find out if i have got it. I hope i got the job as it is only for 16hrs a week & i can ride my bike to work. Which means i will get extra exercise.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Whew, I have all my letters working on my keyboard again so I can check in now! 138.4 for the week. This is my last check in since we leave Saturday for our cruise (actually cruise on Sunday but we're going to Ft. Lauderdale a day early). I'll be able to log until the ship sails Sunday afternoon but then the phones go off and there goes my streak! I'm really hoping I can maintain during the cruise. I plan to eat good stuff but I'm not gonna deprive myself either. I'll be getting good workouts in all but 1 day and we'll be diving that day and then walking around the town afterwards so that is something.

This has been the best challenge I've ever participated in! You guys totally rock and I'd be interested to hear about your next one. Team Orange-what do you say??? I am gonna try and avoid the scale though for the month of
    December. I think my goal for that month will be to diligently log on those days I don't have any events and on the days I have something, get a great workout in and indulge in moderation.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

There is a Group challenge with my good MFP Sexy Cook to not weigh in until New Years 2012 - so no scale for me - which doesn't seem to matter as much as it used to a couple years ago when I stated this. And also, I am definitely diligently logging EVERYTHING (case in point the day I was over by like 600-something cals - DOH!). Let ROLL OUT 2011 & ROCK INTO 2012 :happy:

Excited for your cruise, Angie - really hoping for clear skys & AWESOME pics (hopeing you'll post so I can live vicariously :wink: )
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'll be weighing in at 207 today. Which is up from 206.4 last week. But...that's okay. I know I've been terrible this week.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    angie: have fun on your cruise! i gave up the scale for a bit in one of the challenges i did for a month and it was sooo liberating! im a bit naughty with it now with everyday weighing! im going to stick to once a week from now on! i found it changed my focus from weighing and made me concentrate more on watching what i ate and exercising.

tara: you can do it girl! you havent lost those 100+ lbs without a fight!

chelle: well done, thats a fab loss!

Laura: well done laura! you are doing so well! and the only one of us consistently losing! well done

joanne: gosh what a burn lady! keep it up!

jojo: you rocked it this week. well done

dee: hope u feel better soon :)

AFM: ive not been well this week, have been quite run down and have missed two of my normal weekly runs which is so not me. So ive not really stuck to any of the goals unfortunately. i weighed in at 124 yesterday and as usual started my period on weigh in day! so im thinking water retention! but never mind! ive upped my calories to maintainance again as im bouncing btw 123-124 and not happy about it, its been like this for the past 3 weeks and its the first time ive experienced a plateau! i reduced my cals to 1440 which is 0.5lbs a week and i dont think my body liked it as ive not been losing. so i'll try maintainance for a few days and then go back down.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It seems like many of us have had some issues lately: we only have a few days to TG, and while we may not hit the goals we originally wanted, it's not reason to give up. We're all making lifestyle changes and getting our bodies more used to this new lifestyle. While we may fall back sometimes, don't ever give up. Look at how far you've come and the fact that you're still logging on everyday, tracking what you're doing & looking for more ways to do more is a testament to your commitment to this life.

With that: I post a BBB FINAL Challenge. We have 5 days left till TG, we want to look great & we WILL look great! So here it is: do your workouts in your time to your standards - don't over do it. Why? Because you'll suddenly bloat as the muscles swell and because you're going "all out", not giving them a chance to heal will mean you will "look" bigger than you are. Cut back on sodium as much as possible - this means limiting processed/ready made foods (think those microwave quick meals - so not good on sodium!), cheese (as much as I love cheese & am craving due to TOM, I am chilling on the cheese), adding salt to home cooking, and other sources of unnecessary sodium (we still need some sodium for balance within our bodies, but natural foods have that). Drink your water!!! At least 10 cups a day. And the final challenge is to look at yourself in the mirror each day & tell yourself "The way I look today is the way my mind and will make me look" (I borrowed that from Billy Blanks :happy: )

So: ButterBall Babies Final Challenge:
    1) Exercise within your own limits - just enjoy what you workout
    2) Limit Sodium
    3) Drink 10 cups Water Daily - add a shot of lemon to help with further water balance & flavour :drinker:
    4) Tell yourself each day "The way I look today is the way my mind and will make me look"

You would be surprised how those few challenges & words can change your outlook on your entire day :happy: Who's with me?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    sounds fab nat! nice way to finish out strong!
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    It seems like many of us have had some issues lately: we only have a few days to TG, and while we may not hit the goals we originally wanted, it's not reason to give up. We're all making lifestyle changes and getting our bodies more used to this new lifestyle. While we may fall back sometimes, don't ever give up. Look at how far you've come and the fact that you're still logging on everyday, tracking what you're doing & looking for more ways to do more is a testament to your commitment to this life.

With that: I post a BBB FINAL Challenge. We have 5 days left till TG, we want to look great & we WILL look great! So here it is: do your workouts in your time to your standards - don't over do it. Why? Because you'll suddenly bloat as the muscles swell and because you're going "all out", not giving them a chance to heal will mean you will "look" bigger than you are. Cut back on sodium as much as possible - this means limiting processed/ready made foods (think those microwave quick meals - so not good on sodium!), cheese (as much as I love cheese & am craving due to TOM, I am chilling on the cheese), adding salt to home cooking, and other sources of unnecessary sodium (we still need some sodium for balance within our bodies, but natural foods have that). Drink your water!!! At least 10 cups a day. And the final challenge is to look at yourself in the mirror each day & tell yourself "The way I look today is the way my mind and will make me look" (I borrowed that from Billy Blanks :happy: )

So: ButterBall Babies Final Challenge:
    1) Exercise within your own limits - just enjoy what you workout
    2) Limit Sodium
    3) Drink 10 cups Water Daily - add a shot of lemon to help with further water balance & flavour :drinker:
    4) Tell yourself each day "The way I look today is the way my mind and will make me look"

You would be surprised how those few challenges & words can change your outlook on your entire day :happy: Who's with me?

AMEN NAT!! Thank you so very much for picking up my slack here at the end of our challenge! I LOVE what you said for the challenges and I COULD NOT have said it better myself. THANK YOU for being as awesome as you always are.

To the rest of you girls... I'm still missing a few weigh ins, but since deadline has passed...I'm emailing the spreadsheet now. I'm hoping everyone will check in next Thursday for Final Weigh ins!

Also, I'm about to post our NEW YEAR's Challenge... I'm going to take a few minutes and get it all together...but I'll also post on my news feed....so if you miss it first time around....go to my profile and check out where I've posted and you can find it there.

Love you all and keep chugging along!!

I think I can... I think I can... I think I can.... I think I can!!

lol...
  • tjradd73
    Options
    purple-congrats on the interview...and good luck!!

Mariam-thanks girl!! And you are EXACTLY where I am now...let's kick some butt this week...and I bet we both get to our GOAL weight by the end of 2011!!!!

Nat-I am in!! thanks for the final challenge!!

THIS WEEK'S GOALS (through Fri)

Exercise within your own limits (and enjoy): 2/7
    Limit sodium: 1/7
    70cups of water: 19/70
    Mirror Motivation: X/5 (added today)
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Exercise within your own limits: 2/7
    Limit sodium: 0/7
    70 cups of water: 36/70
    Mirror Motivation: 1/5

Under calories: 2/5
  • tjradd73
    Options
    THIS WEEK'S GOALS (through Sat)

Exercise within your own limits (and enjoy): 3/7
    Limit sodium: 2/7
    70cups of water: 27/70
    Mirror Motivation: 1/5 (added today)

UC: 3/6
    OP: 3/6
    Wt: 125.6
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/401128-from-thanksgiving-to-new-year-s-challenge-0?page=2#posts-5502899

Hey Girls!! Just copy and post the link above if you want to see the New Year Challenge group...and join us if you want! Can't wait to see you there.!!

We start Thanksgiving day.... through the first Thursday in January.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm still here. I'm sorry if I'm not keeping track much lately, but I am still tracking my calories and exercise. I've lost about 14lbs since the very start of this Challenge, and has kept me on track. I'm about 3.5lbs off from my initial goal for Thanksgiving, made it so close, and very happy with that. We have 4 days left, so don't give up. I'm not tracking anything for 24&25..just gunna have fun and enjoy some food. I have my Turkey Trot with my running group Thanksgiving morning..4 miles. I have joined in on the New Year's challenge..so stay strong everyone!