"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    ate and drank too much this weekend so today....60 mins circuit training in the morning, 60 mins lifting in the afternoon (3x20 quad extensions, chest press, squats, rows, tricep extensions, bicep curls) then finished with 30 mins spin class. Under by 500 cals today but I figured that could make up for yesterday some. lol

Oh and this weekend I got my first compliment on muscle tone and definition in my arms! :-)

Dang that's a killer workout, I only had a 30 minute walk in me today. Shuffled home and collapsed - I guess I didn't sleep enough last night (I went to bed reeeaeaaalllly late). And now I'm having my SECOND scoop of protein powder for the day. .8 x 177 = 140 grams, arrrrrgh. Only made it to 124 today. I don't know how people can stand to eat 140+ grams every day, I get so sick of it. Then again I would have had it a little easier today if I'd put down those fries...

I hope I feel a little better in an hour or two and I can knock out 30 minutes of something a little more active.

Thanks! Mondays are hard but once I get thru the first morning workout I am ready to go! I also do 2 protein shakes a day to get the protein in I need like niner said. Gonna keep it up ....maybe in a couple months I will be where I want to be. :-)
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 28 minutes of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2-burned 377 calories (did this AFTER the strength below)

Strength:
    Lat pulldown 3x15@40
    Tricep press 3x15@50
    Pectoral fly/rear deltoid 3x15@25
    Torso rotation 3x15@70 hard
    Dual axis pull down 2x15@40, 1x15@50
    Dual axis row/rear delt 1x15@40 2x15@50
    Back extension 3x15@100
    Shoulder press 3x15@15
    Lateral raise 3x15@15
    Arm curl 1x15@15, 1x15@20, 1x15@15
    Arm extension 1x15@25, 2x15@30

Assessment: Stayed under my calories today, only ate a few over my normal 1200. Kept my carbs under 100, but not under 70 like the Dr. wants :( BUT I did get my protein over 100g (was at 135g). Tonight was easier to push myself to workout. I guess doing 1 hour of water aerobics and JM Shred yesterday got me over the hump! Only downer is that now my shoulder is killing me AGAIN. You'd think after 2 1/2 years I could deal with having a dislocated shoulder with some ease. Any ideas on how to shore it up some more so that normal exercise doesn't strain it?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I was so tired again today - I pushed and did some running and from a cardio perspective I think I could have done more but my shins were telling me to stop or pay the consequences.

Cardio: 45 minutes walk/jog

Strength: Pushups Tried to do pushups with rows but I was so exhausted collapsed on the first attempt. And they were with light weights, half what I'd normally use.

Food: Hit 140 protein yesterday and I'm at 120 today and going to go have another scoop of protein powder so I'll be at 150. So, good for me so far but I'm already totally sick of it!

I don't know why I'm so tired - I used to go through periods where I'd just be intensely mind bogglingly exhausted for a few days or a week and my boyfriend always said it was because we were too sedentary and didn't eat healthy but maybe this is it and its some medical thing. Just gotta keep pushing through and hope it clears out.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling very good today and my weight is already down to 213 for the week which I haven't been seeing until Thursday or Friday morning. HOpefully I'm cutting some more BF this week.

Since you're looking for it it first. LOL

Cardio: I actually do cardio last but I did 30 minutes at 5mph on the Elliptical, try to keep it low-intensity.

Strength: 5/3/1
    - Hack Squats 3/3/3+ (10 on the last)
    - Superset 1: Walking lunges 5 x 6-8 --> Leg Extensions 5 x 8-10
    - Superset 2: Romanian Deadlift 5 x 6-8 --> Lying Leg Curl 5 x 8-10

Stretch
    Haha! Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: 28 minutes of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 2-burned 377 calories (did this AFTER the strength below)

Strength:
    Lat pulldown 3x15@40
    Tricep press 3x15@50
    Pectoral fly/rear deltoid 3x15@25
    Torso rotation 3x15@70 hard
    Dual axis pull down 2x15@40, 1x15@50
    Dual axis row/rear delt 1x15@40 2x15@50
    Back extension 3x15@100
    Shoulder press 3x15@15
    Lateral raise 3x15@15
    Arm curl 1x15@15, 1x15@20, 1x15@15
    Arm extension 1x15@25, 2x15@30

Assessment: Stayed under my calories today, only ate a few over my normal 1200. Kept my carbs under 100, but not under 70 like the Dr. wants :( BUT I did get my protein over 100g (was at 135g). Tonight was easier to push myself to workout. I guess doing 1 hour of water aerobics and JM Shred yesterday got me over the hump! Only downer is that now my shoulder is killing me AGAIN. You'd think after 2 1/2 years I could deal with having a dislocated shoulder with some ease. Any ideas on how to shore it up some more so that normal exercise doesn't strain it?
    Try to keep your arm close to your body on most presses and pulls. This will help to relieve some stress on the shoulder.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I was so tired again today - I pushed and did some running and from a cardio perspective I think I could have done more but my shins were telling me to stop or pay the consequences.

Cardio: 45 minutes walk/jog

Strength: Pushups Tried to do pushups with rows but I was so exhausted collapsed on the first attempt. And they were with light weights, half what I'd normally use.

Food: Hit 140 protein yesterday and I'm at 120 today and going to go have another scoop of protein powder so I'll be at 150. So, good for me so far but I'm already totally sick of it!

I don't know why I'm so tired - I used to go through periods where I'd just be intensely mind bogglingly exhausted for a few days or a week and my boyfriend always said it was because we were too sedentary and didn't eat healthy but maybe this is it and its some medical thing. Just gotta keep pushing through and hope it clears out.
    Sleep. Hopefully you're not staying up too late.........................like me.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling pretty good today, legs are a little tight from Tuesday, glad today was a low-intensity workout for the most part.

Cardio: Today is a planned cardio off-day

Strength: Lat's and Bi's
    - Pull-ups 5 x 8-10 (got 4 for 10 and 1 for 7)
    - Triset: Rope Pulldowns 4 x 10 -> Kneeling Pulldowns *same weight max reps* -> Kneeling Rope Rows *same weight max reps*
    - Superset: Straight Bar Pulldowns -> Neutral Lat Pulldowns 4 x 8-10

*Trying something new to help focus on arm strength, actually started this last week*
    - Barbell Curls: 5/3/1 (3/3/3+ did 9 reps on the last)
    - Superset 1: Scott Curls *narrow grips* --> Constant Tension Hammer Curls 5 x 6-8
    - Superset 2: Cable Curls --> Reverse Grip Cable Curls 3 x 10-12

Stretch
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    yesterday....right hammy is tight so no cardio yet

5 rounds- 5 pullups 10 squats 20 pushups 20 crunches holding medicine ball
    Felt good so I bumped it up
    5 rounds 10 pullups 20 squats 20 pushups 20 flutterkicks
    5 rounds 10 pullups 20 squats 20 pushups 20 bicycle crunches

so grand total -
    125 pullups
    250 squats
    300 pushups
    300 abs

hammy is still tight today so more upper body
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Midweek and everything is on the up and up! Keeping within calorie deficit and making sure I'm getting in all the essentials.

Cardio: walk/jog- 3 mi (370 calories)

Strength:chest- incline press, flat bench, flyes, dips. 3x8-10

Assessment:Feeling really good today and strength was good!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

Tuesday: Cardio only today for 319 calories in 28 minutes.

Wednesday: Strength for 135 cals.

Pushups 2 x 10
    OH press 5 x 5
    Deadlifts. 5 x 5
    Bench. 4 x 5
    Bent rows 4 x 5
    Squats and lunges 5 x 5
    Good mornings 4 x 5. Next time I'll try a thicker towel under the dumbbells. I couldnt finish.
    Weighted glute kickbacks 2 x 10
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Oops, hit enter to soon. iPad won't let me edit it right either : p

Assessment: food and water have been great, but I got raging hungry yesterday. Only ended with 55 cals left. I'm only 3 lbs off from my goal, but I'm going to have to lower the goal. Still to much fat hanging around. I really really don't want to give up any weights, but maybe going back to a heavier circuit and more walking again will get rid of the last of this fat.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Hey guys, I'll be out of commission for at least a few days.

I had a seizure very late last night. Luckily my husband figured it out immediately and got me help.
    I have no history of them and the Dr has no idea what happened. Im very sore and have a few bite spots in my mouth, but I don't think my Dr will find anything today.

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey guys, I'll be out of commission for at least a few days.

I had a seizure very late last night. Luckily my husband figured it out immediately and got me help.
    I have no history of them and the Dr has no idea what happened. Im very sore and have a few bite spots in my mouth, but I don't think my Dr will find anything today.

Anyway, have a good weekend everyone.
    WTF? Please update us when you get a diagnosis!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! I went a little overboard on some graham crackers yesterday, so I'll have to make up some calories.

Cardio:stair climbing- Tabata protocol (280 calories), walk/jog- 2 mi (280 calories)

Strength:hamstring and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 3x8-10

Assessment: I feel really good and rested today!
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Ive been to my Dr. They have to run a battery of tests and make sure there isn't a pattern developing. Until then they won't let me drive. I have boring few weeks ahead of me, but if it'll clear me-that's fine.

Right now I'm sore as hell and tired. Totally blew my diet today, but it's also my birthday- so I took the day off everything. Hopefully I'll be fine in a few days and back to working out.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Ive been to my Dr. They have to run a battery of tests and make sure there isn't a pattern developing. Until then they won't let me drive. I have boring few weeks ahead of me, but if it'll clear me-that's fine.

Right now I'm sore as hell and tired. Totally blew my diet today, but it's also my birthday- so I took the day off everything. Hopefully I'll be fine in a few days and back to working out.

Don't take baths either. A friend of mine died in the bathtub when he had a seizure, be careful.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling a bit tired today but I had a pretty decent workout. I'm trying some new supplements today as well to see if they help, especially with my end-of-week workouts. White Flood and Purple Wrath are a pre-workout and during workout drink that provides some energy, nutrients, and EAA's. I also started taking ON's Gold Standard Whey pre and post workout, so we'll see if this improves performance and recovery a little.

Strength: So I've been playing with my Friday workouts to try and focus on Strength and Speed, especially because my step-son want to work on his agility in the football off-season so I'm experimenting with some things. This was pretty aweseom and I like where it's going.

5/3/1
    - Sumo Deadlift 3/3/3+
    - Cleans from the Hang 3/3/3+
    - Superset 1: Broad Jump Series --> Lunge Shuffle 4 x 10
    - Superset 2: Side Jumps --> Alternating Lunge Jump Series 4 x 10

Cardio: Yup, 30 minutes of lovely cardio watching infomercials and Pregnant at 16... as if Cardio isn't bad enough by itself.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Happy B day!!! Have a good one and I wish you well on your journey! Please rest and make sure you're fine when you get back into it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling a bit tired today but I had a pretty decent workout. I'm trying some new supplements today as well to see if they help, especially with my end-of-week workouts. White Flood and Purple Wrath are a pre-workout and during workout drink that provides some energy, nutrients, and EAA's. I also started taking ON's Gold Standard Whey pre and post workout, so we'll see if this improves performance and recovery a little.

Strength: So I've been playing with my Friday workouts to try and focus on Strength and Speed, especially because my step-son want to work on his agility in the football off-season so I'm experimenting with some things. This was pretty aweseom and I like where it's going.

5/3/1
    - Sumo Deadlift 3/3/3+
    - Cleans from the Hang 3/3/3+
    - Superset 1: Broad Jump Series --> Lunge Shuffle 4 x 10
    - Superset 2: Side Jumps --> Alternating Lunge Jump Series 4 x 10

Cardio: Yup, 30 minutes of lovely cardio watching infomercials and Pregnant at 16... as if Cardio isn't bad enough by itself.
    Haha! Plyos are great cardio workers at the same time hitting those explosive movements. Try Jump Tucks and High bounding too!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Last chance workout!!! Gonna be a hot one today!

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (460 calories)

Strength:arms- preacher curls, seated alternate curls, lying triceps, rope pressdowns. 3x8-10

Assessment: Had my weekly McDonald's yesterday, but was well within calorie intake.