"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Ive been to my Dr. They have to run a battery of tests and make sure there isn't a pattern developing. Until then they won't let me drive. I have boring few weeks ahead of me, but if it'll clear me-that's fine.

Right now I'm sore as hell and tired. Totally blew my diet today, but it's also my birthday- so I took the day off everything. Hopefully I'll be fine in a few days and back to working out.

I hope you are ok - you are taking the seizure a lot better than I would be, I would be FREAKING. OUT.

I have squeezed in workouts every day this week but most were terrible.

Yesterday was training so I had a great day - we did clean and jerks with a mystery amount of weight (I didn't look) and a variety of things that were good - my muscles were tired on the end but i'm not experiencing much soreness otehr than my legs which were already sore before (Maybe I need more rest days on the walking/running ... I need to look up a video on using the rowing machines at the gym probably). We did a lot of back work and some triceps so I'm feeling that a BIT. Triceps are sore anytime I do ANYTHING with them - I must not use them hardly at all during the day. Pullups on the total gym at level 4 which is a level hgiher than last time.

Food is my focus this month and I am hitting my .8grams/lb every day if it kills me WHICH IT MIGHT. Bleh. 60 grams of that is from protein powder every day.

Training sat morning so not sure what I will do today - I'll probably not run.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Ive been to my Dr. They have to run a battery of tests and make sure there isn't a pattern developing. Until then they won't let me drive. I have boring few weeks ahead of me, but if it'll clear me-that's fine.

Right now I'm sore as hell and tired. Totally blew my diet today, but it's also my birthday- so I took the day off everything. Hopefully I'll be fine in a few days and back to working out.

I hope you are ok - you are taking the seizure a lot better than I would be, I would be FREAKING. OUT.

I have squeezed in workouts every day this week but most were terrible.

Yesterday was training so I had a great day - we did clean and jerks with a mystery amount of weight (I didn't look) and a variety of things that were good - my muscles were tired on the end but i'm not experiencing much soreness otehr than my legs which were already sore before (Maybe I need more rest days on the walking/running ... I need to look up a video on using the rowing machines at the gym probably). We did a lot of back work and some triceps so I'm feeling that a BIT. Triceps are sore anytime I do ANYTHING with them - I must not use them hardly at all during the day. Pullups on the total gym at level 4 which is a level hgiher than last time.

Food is my focus this month and I am hitting my .8grams/lb every day if it kills me WHICH IT MIGHT. Bleh. 60 grams of that is from protein powder every day.

Training sat morning so not sure what I will do today - I'll probably not run.
    Sounds like small progressions though. Just keep at it and banging away!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Not much going on this weekend. Will make a visit to my mom and dad's tomorrow, but other than that just a relaxing weekend watching football.

Cardio:kickboxing- 60 min (400 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Did good even with 12oz of chocolate frozen yogurt!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling pretty good today but this carb-up is more than welcome.

Strength: Upper Back 5/3/1. I've decided to basically drop any direct bicep work and only do bi's once a week.
    - Chin-ups 5 x 10 (yup hit all 10, 50 reps, w00t!!!. In 2 weeks I'm going to add weight)
    - chest supported rows 3/3/3+ (did 9)
    - DB rows 5 x 10
    - Face Pulls 5 x 10
    - Shrugs 5 x 10

Cardio: 20 min brisk walk uphill on a treadmill.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling pretty good today but this carb-up is more than welcome.

Strength: Upper Back 5/3/1. I've decided to basically drop any direct bicep work and only do bi's once a week.
    - Chin-ups 5 x 10 (yup hit all 10, 50 reps, w00t!!!. In 2 weeks I'm going to add weight)
    - chest supported rows 3/3/3+ (did 9)
    - DB rows 5 x 10
    - Face Pulls 5 x 10
    - Shrugs 5 x 10

Cardio: 20 min brisk walk uphill on a treadmill.
    There ya go!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Another awesome thread by ninerbuff!

After a week off exercise due to a death in the family, I'm back:

Today was cardio, and the last Saturday of cardio before I start flag football next Saturday (season is October through December). Am also playing softball on Sundays through October, so glad to get one last weekend of workouts in.

Cardio: Used EA Active 2 for the Wii. Custom-built workout. 30 minutes that is mostly sprinting in place (45seconds to 1 minute sprints, with 15 seconds between exercises). Also included are three sets of 240 foot fires, one set of skipping (90 reps), and a couple minutes of step aerobics. HRM (built into game) estimated 287 calories burned.

My day's not done on food and water, but plan to stay right at my usual 1800-2000 range for workout days. Breakfast was on target with 405 calories consumed.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Today was cardio, and the last Saturday of cardio before I start flag football next Saturday (season is October through December). Am also playing softball on Sundays through October, so glad to get one last weekend of workouts in.

That's awesome, have fun!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Another awesome thread by ninerbuff!

After a week off exercise due to a death in the family, I'm back:

Cardio: Used EA Active 2 for the Wii. Custom-built workout. 30 minutes that is mostly sprinting in place (45seconds to 1 minute sprints, with 15 seconds between exercises). Also included are three sets of 240 foot fires, one set of skipping (90 reps), and a couple minutes of step aerobics. HRM (built into game) estimated 287 calories burned.

My day's not done on food and water, but plan to stay right at my usual 1800-2000 range for workout days. Breakfast was on target with 405 calories consumed.
    You're on, now you're stuck! Good work and hope to see future posts!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Visted my parents yesterday and just kicked it watching the games! I did well over the weekend, but was a little short on water. Looking to having a great start to the week and good workouts.

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (400 calories)

Strength:quads-leg extension, leg press, squat, lunges. 3x20

Assessment: Short on water so I'll drink up and drop some of this sodium out of my body.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: Congested, made lifting harder than the cardio but feeling well.

Strength training 5/3/1 week 3 phase 2
    Chest
    - Bench Press 5/3/1+ (6 reps)
    - Dips: BW +20lbs (5 x 10 reps)
    - High-low Cable Crossover 5 x 10 reps
    - Skullcrushers 5 x 10 reps
    - Rope Extensions 5 x 10 reps
    Ab's
    - Palloff Press 2 x 25sec each side
    - Dying Bug
    - Swiss Ball Leg Curl + Leg Lift 2 x 10 reps
    - Swiss Ball Pot Stirrer 2 x 20

Cardio: 30 minutes of lovely and stimulating cardio, level 4 incline, 3.7mph, yippie...
  • JNick77
    Options
    Woah, back-to-back posts... LOL

Assessment: Felt pretty damn good but had a crazy bloody nose in the middle of my first exercise.

Strength: 5/3/1 week 3 phase 2
    Legs
    - Hack Squat 5/3/1+ (8 reps)
    - Walking LUnges 5 x 8 --> Leg Extensions 5 x 10
    - RDL's 5 x 8 --> Standing Leg Curls 5 x 10

Cardio: 30 minutes on a Stationary Bike

Stretch
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm easing back into the week. I only did some gardening yesterday for 200 cals, but so glad the weeds are gone. They grow insanely fast out here.

I didn't do much this w/e. My husband had to play chauffeur while I picked up supplies for the week, but I must have done a bit to much. I got a long nap in yesterday afternoon and still managed to sleep that night.

Assessment: Appetite is coming back. I'll see what the damage from not working out on Wednesday. I'm feeling better, not tired or sore (yet). Aside from that first day, my cals have been under- my water has been great. I'm hoping to get back on track this week. The weight may have to start low again (insert BIG sigh here) but I'll get it back up where I was.
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! Mind if I join. Looking on the boards - this is just what I need. Daily accountability.

Yesterday

Cardio - 20 min Arch Trainer - machine said 270 cal, but wasn't wearing my monitor, but I know it's not accurate.

Strength:
    Chest & triceps

3 x 12

wide push-ups
    narrow push-ups
    Dumbell Bench press
    butterfly
    overhead tricep dumbell ext
    tricep pushdown

Assessment: Way over on water, little low on calories, but food was good. Trying to keep it above 1600. Coming off a bad (nutrition wise) weekend - really didn't want to go to they gym, but, as always, glad I did.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Assessment: Congested, made lifting harder than the cardio but feeling well.

Strength training 5/3/1 week 3 phase 2
    Chest
    - Bench Press 5/3/1+ (6 reps)
    - Dips: BW +20lbs (5 x 10 reps)
    - High-low Cable Crossover 5 x 10 reps
    - Skullcrushers 5 x 10 reps
    - Rope Extensions 5 x 10 reps
    Ab's
    - Palloff Press 2 x 25sec each side
    - Dying Bug
    - Swiss Ball Leg Curl + Leg Lift 2 x 10 reps
    - Swiss Ball Pot Stirrer 2 x 20

Cardio: 30 minutes of lovely and stimulating cardio, level 4 incline, 3.7mph, yippie...
    LMAO at the cardio!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Woah, back-to-back posts... LOL

Assessment: Felt pretty damn good but had a crazy bloody nose in the middle of my first exercise.

Strength: 5/3/1 week 3 phase 2
    Legs
    - Hack Squat 5/3/1+ (8 reps)
    - Walking LUnges 5 x 8 --> Leg Extensions 5 x 10
    - RDL's 5 x 8 --> Standing Leg Curls 5 x 10

Cardio: 30 minutes on a Stationary Bike

Stretch
    Nice
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm easing back into the week. I only did some gardening yesterday for 200 cals, but so glad the weeds are gone. They grow insanely fast out here.

I didn't do much this w/e. My husband had to play chauffeur while I picked up supplies for the week, but I must have done a bit to much. I got a long nap in yesterday afternoon and still managed to sleep that night.

Assessment: Appetite is coming back. I'll see what the damage from not working out on Wednesday. I'm feeling better, not tired or sore (yet). Aside from that first day, my cals have been under- my water has been great. I'm hoping to get back on track this week. The weight may have to start low again (insert BIG sigh here) but I'll get it back up where I was.
    You'll be surprise how much strength you retain.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hi Guys! Mind if I join. Looking on the boards - this is just what I need. Daily accountability.

Yesterday

Cardio - 20 min Arch Trainer - machine said 270 cal, but wasn't wearing my monitor, but I know it's not accurate.

Strength:
    Chest & triceps

3 x 12

wide push-ups
    narrow push-ups
    Dumbell Bench press
    butterfly
    overhead tricep dumbell ext
    tricep pushdown

Assessment: Way over on water, little low on calories, but food was good. Trying to keep it above 1600. Coming off a bad (nutrition wise) weekend - really didn't want to go to they gym, but, as always, glad I did.
    As long as you CONSISTENT and SERIOUS about exercise!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! Had a good run yesterday and plan to do the same today although I have to do it early because it's supposed to be 99 by 11:30am.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (400 calories)

Strength:back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated rows, straight arm pulldowns. 3x8-10

Assessment: Dropped a lot of water yesterday cause weight is down by 2.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    today was a 2.6 mile run on winding hills
    strength was a circuit:
    3 One minute rounds of:
    pullups
    box jumps
    burpees
    running step ups on a large tire
    squats
    treadmill run 10 degreee incline at 7 mph
    pushups
    jumprope
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    today was a 2.6 mile run on winding hills
    strength was a circuit:
    3 One minute rounds of:
    pullups
    box jumps
    burpees
    running step ups on a large tire
    squats
    treadmill run 10 degreee incline at 7 mph
    pushups
    jumprope
    Clapping for the 1 minute of pullups...................that and the burpees are KILLERS!!!