"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Try 1 1/4 squats, pushups, inverted pullups and jump lunges if you can.

all I found was http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/thighs/videos/love-your-lower-body/?page=2
    is that the same as a 1 1/4?

I've wanted to to do inverted pullups but my tables at home are too small/unstable to use for that. Might be able to find a bar at the park that will work but the workout area there is all SAND which is awful for digging your heels in and not sliding all over.

I did squeeze in some terrible pushups last night (better than nothing I guess). I ALSO had the opportunity to eat a ton at carls jr but I opted for the bbq chicken sandwich and then a bunch of healthy snacks. I sort of regretted not getting something heavier at Carl's actually - I ended up really full and barely pushing 1700 calories for the day when my intent had been to eat a little more to make up for my low day yesterday.
    Yes very similar. I do 1 1/4 so I can handle more weight, but 1 1/2 is good too.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    alright this one was over the top!

cardio- 2 minute intervals stationary bike, treadmill,stairmill,treadmill, elliptical

Strength- 2 rounds
    24 inch box jumps 10 reps
    burpees 10 reps
    24lb ball salms 10 reps
    135 lb deadlifts 10 reps
    25 situps
    10 90lb sled pushes
    10 tire flips

repeat circuit two more times

so in a nutshell 30 minutes of mixed cardio and
    60 box jumps
    60 burpees
    60 ball slams
    60 deadlifts
    150 situps
    60 sled pushes
    60 tire flips
    I'm just gonna call you "beastman".
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    alright this one was over the top!

cardio- 2 minute intervals stationary bike, treadmill,stairmill,treadmill, elliptical

Strength- 2 rounds
    24 inch box jumps 10 reps
    burpees 10 reps
    24lb ball salms 10 reps
    135 lb deadlifts 10 reps
    25 situps
    10 90lb sled pushes
    10 tire flips

repeat circuit two more times

so in a nutshell 30 minutes of mixed cardio and
    60 box jumps
    60 burpees
    60 ball slams
    60 deadlifts
    150 situps
    60 sled pushes
    60 tire flips

Love the way you train dude, kinda hardcore. Are you an athlete or do you just like the abuse? LOL
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Tameko, sorry I didn't get back to you! Ramping up the speed is the general idea, but don't go warp speed. Just enough to work up a sweat.

Hosed49? It sounds like you're in crossfit. I would love to join, but I have nothing around me and no money for equipment right now. How long have you been CFing?

Yesterday I got my walk in early, but almost had a run in with someone asleep at the wheel, they completely blew a stop sign. I had to run across an intersection and I wasn't ready for it. My hip hurt all day yesterday, and it's not feeling so great today- but I still have some stuff to take care of outside, so no choice.

Anyway, calories for yesterday were 217.

No strength : (

My food and water were great

Assessment: I've been better and I'm hoping I can ger a workout in tomorrow
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Feeling suuuuuper unmotivated today. I think I'm coming down with something, there's a weird swollen feeling in my throat and I haven't been hungry the last two days (been kind of forcing myself to eat). Came home and did 10 ninja jump tucks which were fun but don't seem to do all that much (it was for a challenge) and a few pushups which were slightly less awful than yesterday but not great. I want to do some ab and back work today but I think I won't push on the additional cardio.

Might do more ninja jump tucks. They were fun anyhow and your legs do get a bit tired after 6 or 7 in a row.

Java I think I sweat enough at the speed I do some things, other things I'm stepping up the weight a bit so the speed I go is the speed I CAN go. I'd rather do more resistance slower right now - meaning I'd rather have the additional strength and then if I also need to get some time with a higher heart rate, I'll do that as cardio. What would be the benefit of less weight other than being able to increase the speed? I'm at a point where I have a lot more strength to improve on, I could be doing girl pushups really fast or I could do regular pushups a lot slower. Isn't the latter better for improved strength?
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Doing more of a circuit is pretty much a cardio workout. I was suggesting it for those days when you can't get to the gym and still want a workout. Body weight exercises are great too. Something is better than nothing : )
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tameko, sorry I didn't get back to you! Ramping up the speed is the general idea, but don't go warp speed. Just enough to work up a sweat.

Hosed49? It sounds like you're in crossfit. I would love to join, but I have nothing around me and no money for equipment right now. How long have you been CFing?

Yesterday I got my walk in early, but almost had a run in with someone asleep at the wheel, they completely blew a stop sign. I had to run across an intersection and I wasn't ready for it. My hip hurt all day yesterday, and it's not feeling so great today- but I still have some stuff to take care of outside, so no choice.

Anyway, calories for yesterday were 217.

No strength : (

My food and water were great

Assessment: I've been better and I'm hoping I can ger a workout in tomorrow
    Hope it's better for you tomorrow!
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: I felt great in the gym and this is the toughest workout of the week for me. I double-up on two lifts and my glycogen levels are at their lowest, ready for my weekend carb-up for sure.

Cardio: YES!! Out of my cardio funk. I did 30-minutes on the treadmill, level 4 incline 3.8 MPH. I don't think I'm going to do the 3-mile runs anymore because it messes up my cardio too badly during the week. I'd rather get 4 to 5 days of steady state cardio in than one big run.

Strength: 5/3/1 week 1 phase 2
    - Sumo Deadlift 5/5/5+ did 10 on the last
    - Power Clean from the Hang 5/5/5+ did 9 on the last
    - Broad Jump Series 5 x 8
    - Contrast: Leg extensions --> Standing Leg Curls. 5 x 8-10

Diet: Aiming for 2,200 calories today no reason that I shouldn't be on-track.

Any thoughts on replacing my contrast sets? I'm still tooling around with my Friday session and I really want to focus on Power and Speed. Deadlift is good for maximal strength, Hang Clean Power and Speed, Broad Jump Series, Speed Reactive Strength but the Contrast doesn't really seem to fit. I'm thinking maybe Squat Jumps from the Lunge and cross the legs back and forth quickly. Maybe Box Jumps.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! I really need to do some extra work today! Wasn't good on food and in excess. So may add another cardio session tonight.

Cardio:walk/jog- 3 miles (360 calories)

[buStrength:[/u]arms- bicep curls, concentration curls, close grip bench, overhead extensions- 3x8-10

Assessment: Bad day yesterday. Because I was late getting to the gym, I didn't start dinner on time and my kid was starving so we ate out. Consequently I'm was quite a bit over in calories. Time buck up.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Options
    bump. Will have to check this out more over the weekend. Sounds very interesting.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: Bad day yesterday. Because I was late getting to the gym, I didn't start dinner on time and my kid was starving so we ate out. Consequently I'm was quite a bit over in calories. Time buck up.

I had a similar day. Stepson had a football game at 6pm and didn't have time to eat until 10pm. We stopped for mexican food but I held in there and didn't eat but I was starving. I'm not sure if sometimes it's better to eat when you're that hungry or wait until you can eat what's right for your diet.
  • tameko2
    Options

I had a similar day. Stepson had a football game at 6pm and didn't have time to eat until 10pm. We stopped for mexican food but I held in there and didn't eat but I was starving. I'm not sure if sometimes it's better to eat when you're that hungry or wait until you can eat what's right for your diet.

i'm slowly coming to the decision that its better to eat and go over than to not eat at all. It really messes up your body (well mine at least) not to eat when you need to. It throws me off, my energy drops, and I can't really "make up" those calories later because I can only eat so much food --- so its not like you can go eat double healthy food to make up for it. I try to just keep it as close to good as possible and not eat as much. maybe this is because my body is now in diet mode though - if you are eating to build or eating maintenance its not as big of a deal to miss a meal. i used to miss meals ALL the time -now when I do it I feel not-good.

I ate a plateful of chile verde and beans (and 2 flour tortillas) yesterday and I felt a million times better afterwards and this morning even though I didnt' work out and was over calories. weigh in tonight, body fat assessment and measuring tomorrow wtih my trainer. woo.
  • JNick77
    Options

i'm slowly coming to the decision that its better to eat and go over than to not eat at all. It really messes up your body (well mine at least) not to eat when you need to. It throws me off, my energy drops, and I can't really "make up" those calories later because I can only eat so much food --- so its not like you can go eat double healthy food to make up for it. I try to just keep it as close to good as possible and not eat as much. maybe this is because my body is now in diet mode though - if you are eating to build or eating maintenance its not as big of a deal to miss a meal. i used to miss meals ALL the time -now when I do it I feel not-good.

I ate a plateful of chile verde and beans (and 2 flour tortillas) yesterday and I felt a million times better afterwards and this morning even though I didnt' work out and was over calories. weigh in tonight, body fat assessment and measuring tomorrow wtih my trainer. woo.

Yeah I agree that it's better to eat than not eat all. I did end-up eating but it wasnt until late and long after my stomach was yelling at me for food. LOL
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to have a choice but take a break. The hip is feeling alright, but the guys have managed to give me their cold and sore throat. Crossing my fingers that it's short lived cold.

To tired to workout today. Sorry guys!

Have a great weekend!
  • tameko2
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to have a choice but take a break. The hip is feeling alright, but the guys have managed to give me their cold and sore throat. Crossing my fingers that it's short lived cold.

Have a great weekend!

Jerks! Tell them to keep their germs to themselves.
    I took a break yesterday because I felt like I was coming down with a cold but I seem okay-ish today although vaguely congested.

Had a great walk though, felt good and speed and heart rate and general muscle engagement were good. Did all kinds of lovely and enjoyable stretches while I went too.
    Training tomorrow and we're doing measurements because its been 6 weeks.

Aaaaaand down to 177.5 ish lbs! Yay! After being stuck at 180 for quite a while. So still losing on increased calories plus a drink or two per week which is very nice!

*edit*

Oooh ooh oooh and I forgot to say, I stopped at the pullup bars at the park and although I couldn't do a wide grip pullup, my feet go off the ground immediately, no problem and then I think if I just had a resistance band for a boost I could get up, so I definitely need to make that my next thing.

Also I think I can do inverted pullups on the parallel bars there if the aren't all wet from the air and if I'm careful with the sand. But of course we're moving away from this park in a few weeks because our house is closing so not sure what I'll do there.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Have a great weekend!
    Take a good rest then!
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Tameko the fitness gods must have heard you! I woke up feeling pretty damn good. No sore hip, no sore throat or cold!!!!
    So I got my workout in before anyone got in my way.

Strength :
    Incline pushups 1x10
    REGULAR PUSHUP 1x10. And no ab pain!!
    Overhead press. 2 x10
    Shoulder flys
    Bent rows
    Upright rows
    Lunges. 2 x15
    Squats
    Good mornings
    Glute kickbacks

Cardio Tae Bo/kickboxing for 25 minutes

Total calorie burn was 404.

My food and water were in limits yesterday. But the Chinese food last night didn't seem to bother me at all. I'll drink more water today anyway.

Assessment - it felt good to workout without something bothering me! I may have just needed a few days off, it's been go go go around here for a few weeks. M
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Have a great weekend!

Jerks! Tell them to keep their germs to themselves.
    I took a break yesterday because I felt like I was coming down with a cold but I seem okay-ish today although vaguely congested.

Had a great walk though, felt good and speed and heart rate and general muscle engagement were good. Did all kinds of lovely and enjoyable stretches while I went too.
    Training tomorrow and we're doing measurements because its been 6 weeks.

Aaaaaand down to 177.5 ish lbs! Yay! After being stuck at 180 for quite a while. So still losing on increased calories plus a drink or two per week which is very nice!

*edit*

Oooh ooh oooh and I forgot to say, I stopped at the pullup bars at the park and although I couldn't do a wide grip pullup, my feet go off the ground immediately, no problem and then I think if I just had a resistance band for a boost I could get up, so I definitely need to make that my next thing.

Also I think I can do inverted pullups on the parallel bars there if the aren't all wet from the air and if I'm careful with the sand. But of course we're moving away from this park in a few weeks because our house is closing so not sure what I'll do there.
    To increase you pull up "power", try starting out with a narrow grip and keep your elbows close. As you progress, you can take wider grips.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tameko the fitness gods must have heard you! I woke up feeling pretty damn good. No sore hip, no sore throat or cold!!!!
    So I got my workout in before anyone got in my way.

Strength :
    Incline pushups 1x10
    REGULAR PUSHUP 1x10. And no ab pain!!
    Overhead press. 2 x10
    Shoulder flys
    Bent rows
    Upright rows
    Lunges. 2 x15
    Squats
    Good mornings
    Glute kickbacks

Cardio Tae Bo/kickboxing for 25 minutes

Total calorie burn was 404.

My food and water were in limits yesterday. But the Chinese food last night didn't seem to bother me at all. I'll drink more water today anyway.

Assessment - it felt good to workout without something bothering me! I may have just needed a few days off, it's been go go go around here for a few weeks. M
    Excellent! And now you have immunity to that particular bug!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Well yesterday didn't go as well as planned on food. I'll have to make some adjustments this weekend. Plan to watch the Olympia online and lot's of FOOTBALL!

Cardio:run/jog- 3 mi (370 calorie)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Over in calories yesterday, so I have some extra work to do today.