"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling pretty good but my legs are a little tired from my 3mile jog yesterday.

Strength: Week 1 5/3/1
    Bench Press 5/5/5+
    Weighted Dips 5 x 8-10 (hell yeah, I graduated from bodyweight dips)
    High-Low Cable Crossover 5 x 10
    Skull Crusher 5 x 6-8
    Rope Extensions 5 x 8-10

Cardio: Yeah I pussed out today, I want to save my legs for tomorrow's Squat workout; I will try and get some light cardio in tomorrow.

Diet: 20 cal's over for the day, no biggie
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling pretty good but my legs are a little tired from my 3mile jog yesterday.

Strength: Week 1 5/3/1
    Bench Press 5/5/5+
    Weighted Dips 5 x 8-10 (hell yeah, I graduated from bodyweight dips)
    High-Low Cable Crossover 5 x 10
    Skull Crusher 5 x 6-8
    Rope Extensions 5 x 8-10

Cardio: Yeah I pussed out today, I want to save my legs for tomorrow's Squat workout; I will try and get some light cardio in tomorrow.

Diet: 20 cal's over for the day, no biggie
    I hate cardio with a passion, so as of late I jog/walk to the gym (1.75 miles one way) so there's really no way to skip it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Have to bring the car in for new rear brakes. Since the shop isn't too far away, I'm just going drop it off and walk to the gym from there. Then later walk to go pick it up.

Cardio:elliptical- Tabata protocol level 10-20 30 min (450 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, smith machine shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 3x8-10

Assessment: Flushed out a lot of water yesterday. Will continue to flush out more.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a great day! 60 mins circuit training with high intensity intervals in the morning. 60 mins lifting in the afternoon including clean and jerks with 45 lb bar (4 sets of 15), wide lunges with kettlebells, chest press (increased my weight 10 lbs), rows, dips, bicep curls, shoulder shrugs and hamstring curls. Feel amazing today!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a good day!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Todays workout:
    2 rounds of: 2 minutes each-

Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    Floor sweepers 1st minute/Plank 2nd minute
    Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    pushups 1st minute/pullups 2nd minute
    StairMill level 14
    Weight Sled Push down, pull back
    Run 7.5 mph tradmill
    Wall Balls 1st minute/ Jumprope 2nd minute
    Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    24" box jump 1st minute/bodyweigh squats 2nd minute
    Stairmill
    Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    Sledge hammer on tire 1st minute right handed 2nd minute left handed

Wanted to do three rounds but I could tell the new guys were pretty beat. Cardio ended up being 2.5 miles on the treadmill
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: Felt tired today, managed a good lifting session but felt too pooped for cardio.

Strength 5/3/1
    Hack Squats 5/5/5+
    Quad's Superset 1: Walking LUnches 5 x 8 -> Leg Extensions 5 x 10
    Hamstrings: Superset 2: Romanian Deadlifts 5 x 8 -> Lying Leg Curl 5 x 10

Cardio: Yeah I failed here again. LOL
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Still working on the day

Strength - for 103 calories
    2 x 10, unless there's another number

Incline push ups
    Shoulder flys
    Bent (back?) flys
    Triceps extension
    Upright rows
    Bent rows
    Glute/hamstring kickbacks x15
    Lunges x15
    Squats x 15
    Good mornings x 15

Cardio - 370 calories

Tae Bo/ kickboxing hybrid

Way over in my water yesterday but that helped with all the sodium, and food was good- I managed to hit my protein!

Assessment: trying to slow my weights down a bit to make sure I have my form right. I don't want my knee to feel like that again.
    All in all I feel good.

Has anyone ever pulled an ab muscle? How long does it take to heal? Every time I try do a push up, the arms are cooperating, but one little spot on my left front abdominal hurts like hell
  • JNick77
    Options
    Has anyone ever pulled an ab muscle? How long does it take to heal? Every time I try do a push up, the arms are cooperating, but one little spot on my left front abdominal hurts like hell

I wouldn't say it's a pull but maybe a slight strain right now. I really only notice it when I'm deadlifting and after I do my ab work. For it to heal you basically have to stop everything for some period of time. Your Ab's are a support muscle for almost all exercises, maybe 100% of exercises. I honestly can't think of one where you don't use them to stabilize yourself.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I wouldn't say it's a pull but maybe a slight strain right now. I really only notice it when I'm deadlifting and after I do my ab work. For it to heal you basically have to stop everything for some period of time. Your Ab's are a support muscle for almost all exercises, maybe 100% of exercises. I honestly can't think of one where you don't use them to stabilize yourself.

Yeah, that's like the worst thing to hurt. It sounds like only certain activities are straining it though so I would just avoid those for a few days and keep on with the rest.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Thanks you guys. It only really hurts on push ups. The pain is getting less and less each week, so that's a good thing!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Ok so my left knee has been kind of making this ...crackling/sparking sensation every so often? like today in the car with all the clutching (since I drive stick) it was doing it - it wasn't painful per se but it would send a little spark out to my leg above or below the knee and then if I put my hand on the knee I could sort of feel a ..... I mean crackling is the best I can think of. What is this? Should I worry?
  • tameko2
    Options
    Man I'm just messed up today:

Cardio - 1 hr jogging + walking (its about 3.5 miles I think but never measured it well since it involves some loopies in the park) -- 400 calories

Strength - >_>

So I'm doing various squats and walking lunges as I go and the lunges were fine but man my hips are tight for some reason. First set of squats was hard and actually hurt for a bit afterwards.

I wasn't one of those overweight peopel that had aches and pains all the time. Its the exercise that's giving me the aches and pains. False advertising, I tell you.
  • JNick77
    Options

Cardio - 1 hr jogging + walking (its about 3.5 miles I think but never measured it well since it involves some loopies in the park) -- 400 calories

Strength - >_>

So I'm doing various squats and walking lunges as I go and the lunges were fine but man my hips are tight for some reason. First set of squats was hard and actually hurt for a bit afterwards.

I wasn't one of those overweight peopel that had aches and pains all the time. Its the exercise that's giving me the aches and pains. False advertising, I tell you.

Squatting can cause pain in your hip-flexors, make sure you're stretching them well. The walking lunges can affect it too. I do love walking lunges though, new favorite leg support exercise.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yesterday was a great day! 60 mins circuit training with high intensity intervals in the morning. 60 mins lifting in the afternoon including clean and jerks with 45 lb bar (4 sets of 15), wide lunges with kettlebells, chest press (increased my weight 10 lbs), rows, dips, bicep curls, shoulder shrugs and hamstring curls. Feel amazing today!
    Rocking!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Todays workout:
    2 rounds of: 2 minutes each-

Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    Floor sweepers 1st minute/Plank 2nd minute
    Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    pushups 1st minute/pullups 2nd minute
    StairMill level 14
    Weight Sled Push down, pull back
    Run 7.5 mph tradmill
    Wall Balls 1st minute/ Jumprope 2nd minute
    Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    24" box jump 1st minute/bodyweigh squats 2nd minute
    Stairmill
    Run 7.5 mph treadmill
    Sledge hammer on tire 1st minute right handed 2nd minute left handed

Wanted to do three rounds but I could tell the new guys were pretty beat. Cardio ended up being 2.5 miles on the treadmill
    Dude you seriously rock.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Assessment: Felt tired today, managed a good lifting session but felt too pooped for cardio.

Strength 5/3/1
    Hack Squats 5/5/5+
    Quad's Superset 1: Walking LUnches 5 x 8 -> Leg Extensions 5 x 10
    Hamstrings: Superset 2: Romanian Deadlifts 5 x 8 -> Lying Leg Curl 5 x 10

Cardio: Yeah I failed here again. LOL
    I don't do much cardio after legs either unless it's way later in the day. Buck up and get that cardio in.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Still working on the day

Strength - for 103 calories
    2 x 10, unless there's another number

Incline push ups
    Shoulder flys
    Bent (back?) flys
    Triceps extension
    Upright rows
    Bent rows
    Glute/hamstring kickbacks x15
    Lunges x15
    Squats x 15
    Good mornings x 15

Cardio - 370 calories

Tae Bo/ kickboxing hybrid

Way over in my water yesterday but that helped with all the sodium, and food was good- I managed to hit my protein!

Assessment: trying to slow my weights down a bit to make sure I have my form right. I don't want my knee to feel like that again.
    All in all I feel good.

Nice. Not an ab muscle ever.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Ok so my left knee has been kind of making this ...crackling/sparking sensation every so often? like today in the car with all the clutching (since I drive stick) it was doing it - it wasn't painful per se but it would send a little spark out to my leg above or below the knee and then if I put my hand on the knee I could sort of feel a ..... I mean crackling is the best I can think of. What is this? Should I worry?
    I have it too. It's usually your patellar tendon. If it hurts when you bend at the knee get it looked at. I have tendinitis on my left one now and every once in awhile I have to wear a strap under my knee cap to help alleviate it when I run.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Strength - >_>

Have someone with good exercise experience watch you squat. And same with lunges. Small variations can make a difference so make sure to see if your form is spot on.