"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Monday

Strength: none

Cardio: 40 minutes, for 440 calories. It was a great workout, knees real high-kicks chambered nice and tight.

Assessment: I had a good day over all. Food, calories and water were all on the mark.

Today

Strength:
    Over head press, side and bent lats, biceps,tricep ext, incline push up, glute kickbacks, upright and bent rows All 2x8-10

Lunges, squats and good morning 2x15

Cardio: none so far : ( Real tried after the weights today. I'll see how I feel this afternoon.

Food so far is good, but I'm gonna have to up my water this afternoon. I just dont want it today.

Assessment: feeling a bit burned out today, I don't know what happened. Maybe I just need to get out in the sun.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    I got the cardio in!!! 30 minutes for 348 calories.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Legs burning? Good job since most guys neglect legs!

And that is a terrible shame because they end up looking overbalanced - sometimes I see guys come out of the gym and they literally walk funny because they have so much weight up top and nothing to support it.
    Assessment: feeling a bit burned out today, I don't know what happened. Maybe I just need to get out in the sun.

Are you eating enough? I started having awful awful workouts last week (two weeks ago?), just couldn't keep my heart rate high enough even if I pushed and pushed and pushed. I think I was under eating - I turned my calories up a bit and I'm really focusing on pre/post workout food and it helps a LOT. It used to be fine but I think I've hit some perfect storm of having lost enough fat/gained enough fitness that my body needs an extra caloric push to perform well.

I'm still at work, haven't worked out yet today. Not sure what I'm gonna do.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    Monday

Cardio: 40 minutes, for 440 calories. It was a great workout, knees real high-kicks chambered nice and tight.

Assessment: I had a good day over all. Food, calories and water were all on the mark.

Today

Strength:
    Over head press, side and bent lats, biceps,tricep ext, incline push up, glute kickbacks, upright and bent rows All 2x8-10

Lunges, squats and good morning 2x15

Cardio: none so far : ( Real tried after the weights today. I'll see how I feel this afternoon.

Food so far is good, but I'm gonna have to up my water this afternoon. I just dont want it today.

But you had good workouts! Don't stop!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I got the cardio in!!! 30 minutes for 348 calories.
    Yep!
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    I really think it's my iron level again. I took the last pill I have, very low dose, and it kicked in finally. I tried eating more to help out with the enegy before and all it did was make me feel over full. Well see how the measurements go tomorrow.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Cardio: Running and walking, some amount of distance for 40 minutes (too lazy too measure right now) - 357 calories burned. Got some running in finally - stuck to the grass for most of it which sucked because its not that big of a park. I did one run on the asphalt and my shin told me it would prefer I not do that, thanks, so I went back to the park and went back and forth there. I probably could have done more but it was hot today (85 degrees) and because I don't sweat like a normal person I head down the path to heatstroke very quickly.

Came back because my running performance had seriously degraded and did 10 very awful burpees and 50 mountain climbers before I could do no more -- went up to wash my face because it was hot and I was like "ohhh is THAT what it was". Thought I was having a bad day but it was just the heat -- considering the heat I actually had a great workout. I don't think I could have done nearly that much 3 months ago.

Now that I know it was just heat I'm going to try and put in some more burpees/mountain climbers once I cool off -- its for a challenge I'm participating in. My triceps didn't do anything yesterday so they're good to go. Should be ok to do more tonight after my raid.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 80 minutes of running, 6.2 miles

No strength

Diet: extra snack today - late dinner due to family obligations. Part of reason for longer run.

Water was off today - I washed my bottle at work and it tasted like Palmolive all day. Not particularly motivating...
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Flyntigger I buy a six pack of bottled water every so often (super cheap one, it only costs me $4 for the lot) and swap bottles out every two weeks.

I didn't do anything today as I'm suffering from headaches/migraines again. So, so over being sick. My doctor has theorized that it could be caffeine withdrawal, which apparently can take up to three months to be over. Considering I haven't been able to brush my hair in two weeks, put make-up on, or wear contacts in that time, I'm ready for it to be over. My hair is a big knotty mess! (it's about halfway down my back)

BUT I had weigh in today and lost another 1.9kg (4.2;lbs) which is 11.9kg in seven weeks! (26lbs) So excited over my weight loss. Clearly cutting down on soft drink has had the effect I wanted!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: Running and walking, some amount of distance for 40 minutes (too lazy too measure right now) - 357 calories burned. Got some running in finally - stuck to the grass for most of it which sucked because its not that big of a park. I did one run on the asphalt and my shin told me it would prefer I not do that, thanks, so I went back to the park and went back and forth there. I probably could have done more but it was hot today (85 degrees) and because I don't sweat like a normal person I head down the path to heatstroke very quickly.

Came back because my running performance had seriously degraded and did 10 very awful burpees and 50 mountain climbers before I could do no more -- went up to wash my face because it was hot and I was like "ohhh is THAT what it was". Thought I was having a bad day but it was just the heat -- considering the heat I actually had a great workout. I don't think I could have done nearly that much 3 months ago.

Now that I know it was just heat I'm going to try and put in some more burpees/mountain climbers once I cool off -- its for a challenge I'm participating in. My triceps didn't do anything yesterday so they're good to go. Should be ok to do more tonight after my raid.
    It was 100 here yesterday so I got all my outdoor running in first thing. Good job!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Cardio: 80 minutes of running, 6.2 miles

No strength

Diet: extra snack today - late dinner due to family obligations. Part of reason for longer run.

Water was off today - I washed my bottle at work and it tasted like Palmolive all day. Not particularly motivating...
    Blech! Yeah I know that feeling. I took a mouthful one time when I forgot to rinse out the straw.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Flyntigger I buy a six pack of bottled water every so often (super cheap one, it only costs me $4 for the lot) and swap bottles out every two weeks.

I didn't do anything today as I'm suffering from headaches/migraines again. So, so over being sick. My doctor has theorized that it could be caffeine withdrawal, which apparently can take up to three months to be over. Considering I haven't been able to brush my hair in two weeks, put make-up on, or wear contacts in that time, I'm ready for it to be over. My hair is a big knotty mess! (it's about halfway down my back)

BUT I had weigh in today and lost another 1.9kg (4.2;lbs) which is 11.9kg in seven weeks! (26lbs) So excited over my weight loss. Clearly cutting down on soft drink has had the effect I wanted!
    Excellent. BTW you can still get caffeine through tea. There's really nothing wrong with your caffeine fix daily.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Mid week and this is when the serious people continue! Normally almost every gym I go to will start to dwindle down with attendance starting today into the weekend! Keep up the intensity and discipline! Remember that this is for life to live a better life!!!

Cardio:walk/jog- 4 miles (280 calories)

Strength:back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 3x8-10

Assessment: Had a really good eating day and except for some gummie Lifesavers (20), I ate pretty clean.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options

Cardio: walked this morning and did my routine for a total of 566 calories burned.

I ate real clean yesterday. That early burnout and headache really affected my appetite. I tried to eat, thinking maybe I was just hungry, but the food felt awful going down--so I didn't push it. Once the headache was gone, I was able to eat. I don't get them to often, but those headaches really mess up my day if I can't kill it off early.

Assessment: by the end of the day my mood was much better and I wasn't exhausted, but did go to bed early.

Big plus for today! While the scale was barely down a half pound, my measurements are down 6.5 INCHES from last month!!!!:bigsmile: I even made my husband help me, to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Since increasing my weights almost 3 weeks ago, I feel so much stronger and thought the weight was coming off. I don't expect every month to be like this, but what a great feeling!
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Cardio: walked this morning and did my routine for a total of 566 calories burned.

I ate real clean yesterday. That early burnout and headache really affected my appetite. I tried to eat, thinking maybe I was just hungry, but the food felt awful going down--so I didn't push it. Once the headache was gone, I was able to eat. I don't get them to often, but those headaches really mess up my day if I can't kill it off early.

Assessment: by the end of the day my mood was much better and I wasn't exhausted, but did go to bed early.

Big plus for today! While the scale was barely down a half pound, my measurements are down 6.5 INCHES from last month!!!!:bigsmile: I even made my husband help me, to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Since increasing my weights almost 3 weeks ago, I feel so much stronger and thought the weight was coming off. I don't expect every month to be like this, but what a great feeling!
    Yep, it ain't about the weight. It's how good you look with the weight you got!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Finally got an hour in tonight, broke it into 2 35 minute sessions because the first one really wiped me out (it was still really hot)

Cardio: Dance Central 35 minutes - 230 calories burned Walking and one good jog - 230 calories burned.

Strength: During the freestyle and in between songs on dance central I did burpees and mountain climbers. I knew it was over when I did the most pathetic burpee in the world (there was a long pause when I stood up and then a sad little hop).

Oh wait, I did some rows too while I was waiting for my BF to put his walking clothes on but I only have the 8lb weights and that's not heavy enough.

Oh well - as long as I get in about an hour every day I am relatively happy.

Assesment:
    I'm experimenting with increased calories this week due to weight loss having slowed to an absolute crawl but today I was NOT HUNGRY so either lunch was way more than estimated or the heat just knocked out my appetite. only did about 1350 (but I'm pretty sure that lunch is underestimated by 100-200 which would be closer to target). Also I'm super hydrated theoretically but I've been very thirsty and dry feeling today. Not sure what gives - it is NOT because I am not taking in enough salt. I got lots of salt.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Finally got an hour in tonight, broke it into 2 35 minute sessions because the first one really wiped me out (it was still really hot)

Cardio: Dance Central 35 minutes - 230 calories burned Walking and one good jog - 230 calories burned.

Strength: During the freestyle and in between songs on dance central I did burpees and mountain climbers. I knew it was over when I did the most pathetic burpee in the world (there was a long pause when I stood up and then a sad little hop).

Oh wait, I did some rows too while I was waiting for my BF to put his walking clothes on but I only have the 8lb weights and that's not heavy enough.

Assesment:
    I'm experimenting with increased calories this week due to weight loss having slowed to an absolute crawl but today I was NOT HUNGRY so either lunch was way more than estimated or the heat just knocked out my appetite. only did about 1350 (but I'm pretty sure that lunch is underestimated by 100-200 which would be closer to target). Also I'm super hydrated theoretically but I've been very thirsty and dry feeling today. Not sure what gives - it is NOT because I am not taking in enough salt. I got lots of salt.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Assesment:
    Continue for a couple of days and see what happens.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! It was a scorcher yesterday, but I got some good work done. I spent a good amount of time transferring info from a thumbdrive to an external hard drive to back up my laptop if in case it crashes.

Cardio:sprinting- Tabata protocol (155 calories), walk/jog- 2 mi (280 calories)

Strength:chest- incline press, flat bench, flyes, dips. 3x8-10

Assessment: I had a really good eating day and drank a lot of water. Flushed out a lot of sodium from the weekend and dropped a pound yesterday from it.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Good grief! What time do you get up??