"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    HOSED49 thats crazy! Congrats on not passing out!

Today
    Cardio- I got a quick walk in this morning, 2 miles for 212 calories, got the lawn mowed and I'm on my way to wash the truck. The only car wash in town is apparently broken.

Strength- none, but I did test out the knee with a set of squats to warm up this morning. No actual pain, but it still didn't feel quiet right KWIM? Hopeful all will be fine tomorrow.

Food and water are both fine.

Assessment: I Don't think I'll hit my calories today, I'm just not hungry enough. Otherwise I've been busy and managed to get several things checked off the to do list. Feeling good and that's the aim!
    Save them for tomorrow then. I base my total caloric intake on one week and not daily all the time.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Last workout session of the week and I feel pretty good, having a little right deltoid soreness but tomorrow is an off day and I may go for a jog at most but no lifting.

Strength: Today was a focus on upper back and bi's
    - Chest Supported Rows @ 5/3/1+ style
    - Chin-up's 4 x 10
    - Face Pulls 5 x 10
    - DB Rows 5 x 10
    - Wide Shrugs *w/ 2sec pause* 5 x 10

- Superset 1: BB Curls --> Constant Tension DB Hammer Curls 5 x 6-8
    - Superset 2: Close Grip Cable Curls --> Reverse Grip Cable Curls 4 x 10-12

- Palloff Press 2 x 20sec's
    - Lying Reverse Crunch 8 x 8 (8 reps -> Rest 10 seconds -> 8 reps -> Rest 10 seconds -> etc, etc, for 8 sets) This sounds easy but it's actually pretty tough on the ab's if you're forcing a strong contraction on the ab's while doing them.

Cardio: Will likely do tomorrow, I usually take Sat off although I sucked and didn't get it in Friday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! First weekend in awhile with no family party or get together. Will be bored unless I find something to do constructive. May work on cleaning the garage out. Have a good weekend and don't let it knock you off track.

Cardio:run/jog- 3 mi (370 calorie), kickboxing- 60 min (400 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Up some from sodium overload. Will drink more water today to help flush out.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Hadn't seen a movie in ages so I agreed to go to one last night and now I remember WHY I haven't seen a movie in ages -- if you see a movie at 7:30 by the time you get home its 10. Made a workout sort of impossible yesterday. And woke up this morning to a thunderstorm so I'm waiting it out, but I'm going to try and get in a good one today since I had a rest day yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hadn't seen a movie in ages so I agreed to go to one last night and now I remember WHY I haven't seen a movie in ages -- if you see a movie at 7:30 by the time you get home its 10. Made a workout sort of impossible yesterday. And woke up this morning to a thunderstorm so I'm waiting it out, but I'm going to try and get in a good one today since I had a rest day yesterday.
    What movie?
  • tameko2
    Options
    Contagion - it was really good, the posters and trailers make it look like some kind of horror thriller but it wasn't at all. Very well paced, weirdly star studded cast, not much gore (there's an autopsy in the beginning, more or less that's it)
  • tameko2
    Options
    Mixed together: 432 Calories -- walking, one jag of jogging, one sprint, 2 sets of squat hops (16 squats) 2 sets of walking lunges (20).

Made it happen even though I didn't get out the door til 9pm so I'm happy with that.

Assessment:
    Had beachwood bbq for lunch because it was Sourfest (they went out and got tons of sour beers to put on tap) - I don't know what the deal with it was but I had 2 half pours (5.5 ounces) and was pretty tipsy, then spent the rest of the afternoon sleepy and headachy. Until the booze kicked in I was pretty good about portion control and food choices (buffalo sloppy joe, yum) and my boyfriend ordered sweet potato fries for me which is good because I hate them so I stole his asparagus in revenge. After the booze kicked in I finished off the other half of my hot link and the rest of the blue cheese grits (there wasn't a ton left thankfully). I really can't drink AND do portion control I'm finding.

Drank a bunch of water during my alt-raid because I was still headachy so that went well. Should have weighed in friday for a consistent compare but I didn't soooo not sure how the week of upped calories went on that front, but I do weigh sort of regularly just to watch fluctuations and it seems to be overall down a LITTLE bit - its saying .2lb right now and it had .5 earlier. More importantly my energy level seemed better and I always had plenty of calories for a pre-post workout snack when I wanted them so I'm going to stick with that unless it starts me gaining.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Contagion - it was really good, the posters and trailers make it look like some kind of horror thriller but it wasn't at all. Very well paced, weirdly star studded cast, not much gore (there's an autopsy in the beginning, more or less that's it)
    That's what I saw too! I liked it since I'm such a science geek.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Mixed together: 432 Calories -- walking, one jag of jogging, one sprint, 2 sets of squat hops (16 squats) 2 sets of walking lunges (20).

Made it happen even though I didn't get out the door til 9pm so I'm happy with that.

Assessment:
    Had beachwood bbq for lunch because it was Sourfest (they went out and got tons of sour beers to put on tap) - I don't know what the deal with it was but I had 2 half pours (5.5 ounces) and was pretty tipsy, then spent the rest of the afternoon sleepy and headachy. Until the booze kicked in I was pretty good about portion control and food choices (buffalo sloppy joe, yum) and my boyfriend ordered sweet potato fries for me which is good because I hate them so I stole his asparagus in revenge. After the booze kicked in I finished off the other half of my hot link and the rest of the blue cheese grits (there wasn't a ton left thankfully). I really can't drink AND do portion control I'm finding.

Drank a bunch of water during my alt-raid because I was still headachy so that went well. Should have weighed in friday for a consistent compare but I didn't soooo not sure how the week of upped calories went on that front, but I do weigh sort of regularly just to watch fluctuations and it seems to be overall down a LITTLE bit - its saying .2lb right now and it had .5 earlier. More importantly my energy level seemed better and I always had plenty of calories for a pre-post workout snack when I wanted them so I'm going to stick with that unless it starts me gaining.
    You had a good time and it's just a day. Nothing to worry about here.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Assessment: woke up feeling great. I think my massage yesterday really helped improve my muscle health yesterday.

Cardio: 5K, 29:09 minutes and a 10 min cooldown walk

Strength Training: None, off day

Diet: Carb-up, gonna try and keep it clean though.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yesterday could have been better, but without much sleep it's about all I could expect. We went out of town for a funeral, so no exercise at all yesterday.

I managed to find something to eat that wasn't battered and fried. I logged the entire rice bowl, but only ate half of it. I was to tired and hot to care that much about food.

I almost forgot...I got in a set each of squats and lunges before I left and the knee felt good.

Assessment: I was just tired and grumpy yesterday. Today has already started better with 7 hours of sleep last night.

Have a peaceful Sunday everyone!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Winning!
  • tameko2
    Options
    I would say I was bi-winning but I didn't get in much strength besides some various air squats (I find them good for midworkout stretching when I feel like my legs and hips are tightening up)

Put in my hour today overall and got a good amount of jogging in the first 20 minutes so that was ok - not the best ever but I was feeling a little logy from overeating as a chocolate chip cookie with ice cream was plopped in front of me AFTER I finished my gigantic chicken sandwich. I find it easy to not order/buy things I don't want to eat but I don't find it easy to ignore them while they sit in front of me for 20 minutes.

Training tomorrow.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Yesterday went well. Not great but well.

I got some more strength in, but that was the extent of the day. Total calories burned was 172.

Food and water were good, but I didn't hit my calories again.

Assessment: I actually feel good, but a bit tired. Loving sitting around joking with my guys today, just relaxing.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Assessment: woke up feeling great. I think my massage yesterday really helped improve my muscle health yesterday.

Cardio: 5K, 29:09 minutes and a 10 min cooldown walk

Strength Training: None, off day

Diet: Carb-up, gonna try and keep it clean though.
    I need a massage.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Man the weekend ended up being a free for all! Family picnic/birthday party on Saturday, and yesterday hanging out at my FIL with my BIL and SIL! Lots of Asian food so I'll have to work on flushing out all this damn sodium! Back to the daily grind and workouts!

Cardio:walk/jog 3 mi (350 calories)

Strength:quads-leg extension, leg press, squat, step up. 3x20

Assessment: Kamakazi weekend! Wife is leaving out of town so we went out all day Saturday and Sunday. Needless to say the scale is up some.
  • Javajunkie67
    Options
    Today has gone real well.

Cardio- 2 mile walk and my Tae Bo/ kickboxing for one hour for 519 calories.

Strength - none today, probably a good thing. My add on yesterday made my Glutes/hams real sore.

Food and water were good. I'm upping my water for the next few days, not by a lot. I tried to eat some more this weekend by including more carbs and I think it back fired. All I got was bloated and grumpy. Some extra water should help flush them.

Assessment: having a good day, not feeling so foggy headed.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Circuit training today, too lazy to try and recreate. Did some punching bag work and hit about every muscle group at least once. 268 calories burned, 45 minutes.

I think that's about it for me - its what we refer to around here as "NO BEHBEH!" time (said with a cheer, arms above head).
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Today has gone real well.

Cardio- 2 mile walk and my Tae Bo/ kickboxing for one hour for 519 calories.

Strength - none today, probably a good thing. My add on yesterday made my Glutes/hams real sore.

Food and water were good. I'm upping my water for the next few days, not by a lot. I tried to eat some more this weekend by including more carbs and I think it back fired. All I got was bloated and grumpy. Some extra water should help flush them.

Assessment: having a good day, not feeling so foggy headed.
    Nice!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Circuit training today, too lazy to try and recreate. Did some punching bag work and hit about every muscle group at least once. 268 calories burned, 45 minutes.

I think that's about it for me - its what we refer to around here as "NO BEHBEH!" time (said with a cheer, arms above head).
    Something is better than nothing. Recoup and hit it tomorrow.