"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Strength: it was a mixed bag today. I got about half way through my sets and realized my knee hurt. I've injured it before, so I dropped the weight down and finished it circuit style. Just walking around its fine, so I hope this doesn't last.

Cardio: Its cleaning day, so that will have to suffice. The truck is getting cleaned out to, it's long overdue.

I barely made it in under total calories yesterday. Completely hungry all day! So I listened and ate, but good food and I didn't stuff myself.

Assessment: still feeling a bit tired. I think I'm going to try and eat my calories for the next few days and see how I feel. I just need to do in a way that I'm not feeling over full again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Good grief! What time do you get up??
    6:00-6:30 am
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Strength: it was a mixed bag today. I got about half way through my sets and realized my knee hurt. I've injured it before, so I dropped the weight down and finished it circuit style. Just walking around its fine, so I hope this doesn't last.

Cardio: Its cleaning day, so that will have to suffice. The truck is getting cleaned out to, it's long overdue.

I barely made it in under total calories yesterday. Completely hungry all day! So I listened and ate, but good food and I didn't stuff myself.

Assessment: still feeling a bit tired. I think I'm going to try and eat my calories for the next few days and see how I feel. I just need to do in a way that I'm not feeling over full again.
    Do that. If it persists, then you may just need a break.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Cardio: ran a 5k in 25 minutes
    Strength: Did 5 pullups
    10 decline pushups feet on box
    15 bodyweight squats
    Fifteen rounds in fifteen minutes
    Maintained my calories, gallon of water consumed, felt great after my workout.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    15 bodyweight squats

if 15 rounds in 15 minutes means you did 75 pullups and 150 decline pushups today, then, dang, no wonder your profile pic looks like that.

Personal training for me today, I'll post what I did when I get back. its 83 right now though so I hope it cools off in the next hour or I'm not going to have the greatest workout. Also I need to drink more water, I've only had 24 ounces. not nearly as thirsty as last night when I was ridiculously overhydrated. Maybe I'm leveling out.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    15 bodyweight squats
    Nice circuit. You were moving!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    15 bodyweight squats

if 15 rounds in 15 minutes means you did 75 pullups and 150 decline pushups today, then, dang, no wonder your profile pic looks like that.

Personal training for me today, I'll post what I did when I get back. its 83 right now though so I hope it cools off in the next hour or I'm not going to have the greatest workout. Also I need to drink more water, I've only had 24 ounces. not nearly as thirsty as last night when I was ridiculously overhydrated. Maybe I'm leveling out.
    Will wait for the reply!
  • tameko2
    Options
    Not only did I have an amazing workout today (HR between 132 and 173, 53 minutes, 353 calories burned) but I got home and I still have TONS of energy. I wish I knew if it was because of the increased calorie intake this week or because I worked from home today which means I spent a good half the day lying on the sofa with my laptop.

Cardio - 5 minutes on the elliptical for warmup, then a couple 70 second increments at resistance 6 throughout the workout. And I'm going to go for a walk in a sec because I've got to do something with this energy.

Strength - Bicep curls up (normal) then out to the sides with 10lb weights. Tricep ..thingies (weight behind head) with a 20lb.

Step-Squat-Kick punching bag - squat - step
    Chin ups lvl 4 on the total gym

Some kind of horrible hamstring thing with one heel digging into the exercise ball and one leg up, raising butt up and down.
    Rolling ball in and out with my legs.
    Plank - Pushup - twist into side plank - Plank - Twist to other side plank
    Crab - flip over - crab - flip other side
    Plank - jump feet in towards stomach with straight legs - jump out to plank
    air punching with weights
    sissy squats with ...10s?

Aaaaaand .... I think I did more. The 12s were out at some point. But its leaked out of my brain.

Assessment: was NOT hungry today and wasn't thirsty until I worked out and even then my relative thirst was low. Still not hungry - I had a protein bar before my workout because I like to eat something before if its been more than 3-4 hours since my last meal. Dunno what's up with that but I guess I'll just eat something vegetable heavy for dinner and let the calories land where they land.

Also I was really sore yesterday and tues from training on monday but today I feel great great great. Bodies are weird yo. Going for that walk now.
  • tameko2
    Options
    I did another 40 minutes and danced around for 10 when I got home because I still had tons of energy. I dunno - apparently lying on the couch is good for performance. Also, still not hungry at ALL.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tameko you rocked it hard today!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Okay, totally slacked Wed and yesterday I wasn't able to post my session.

Assessment: Overall I feel great, looking forward to the weekend carb-up.

Weights:
    Sumo Deadlift 5/3/1+
    Hang Cleans: Worked to find my 3RM today so I can incorporate it into my regular Friday session
    Superset 1: Box Jumps 5 x 10, standing leg curls 5 x 10
    Superset 2: Broad Jump Series (no pause) 5 x 8, Leg extensions 5 x 10

Cardio: Yeah I slacked here, kinda ran out of time. Could've got 15 minutes in but I was a little beat after the Broad Jumps

Diet: Shooting for 2,220 cal's again today, nothing special.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Okay, totally slacked Wed and yesterday I wasn't able to post my session.

Assessment: Overall I feel great, looking forward to the weekend carb-up.

Weights:
    Sumo Deadlift 5/3/1+
    Hang Cleans: Worked to find my 3RM today so I can incorporate it into my regular Friday session
    Superset 1: Box Jumps 5 x 10, standing leg curls 5 x 10
    Superset 2: Broad Jump Series (no pause) 5 x 8, Leg extensions 5 x 10

Cardio: Yeah I slacked here, kinda ran out of time. Could've got 15 minutes in but I was a little beat after the Broad Jumps

Diet: Shooting for 2,220 cal's again today, nothing special.
    Nice workout. Hey, we slack sometimes even when we're in the gym. But consistency is what is needed to improve. Keep it up and make up your lost workout. Even if it's only with cardio.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Got some good leg work to do today and going to watch "Contagion" at the theaters. I'll probably eat just a piece of fruit for breakfast since I want a hot dog and popcorn while I watch the movie. Should be no problem staying within calorie range. Have a good one!

Cardio:walk/jog- 2 miles (280 calories)

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, Bulgarian squat, leg extensions. 3x20-12

Assessment: Good day overall, but did have a slurpee while waiting for oil change.
  • JNick77
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF and LCW! Got some good leg work to do today and going to watch "Contagion" at the theaters. I'll probably eat just a piece of fruit for breakfast since I want a hot dog and popcorn while I watch the movie. Should be no problem staying within calorie range. Have a good one!

Cardio:walk/jog- 2 miles (280 calories)

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, Bulgarian squat, leg extensions. 3x20-12

Assessment: Good day overall, but did have a slurpee while waiting for oil change.

Nice, like the Bulgarian Squat in the mix.

Would you be able to recommend any good shoulder stretches? Experiencing some tightness in my lateral and front deltoid. Also, some tightness on top right over the deltoid region, not my Trap either.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Does the chair (vs just holding up your leg) add something to hte bulgarian squat beyond a bit of stretch?
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You are correct for the totals sir.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Would you be able to recommend any good shoulder stretches? Experiencing some tightness in my lateral and front deltoid. Also, some tightness on top right over the deltoid region, not my Trap either.
    Stand about 2 to 3 feet facing a wall. Place your arms against it where your hands and forearms lay flat against the wall and are just outside of your shoulder width. Now slowly lean into it and stretch the front delts. For lateral delts, just bring a straight arm across your chest and pull with the other arm to help stretch it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Does the chair (vs just holding up your leg) add something to hte bulgarian squat beyond a bit of stretch?
    You can use more resistance if the back leg is supported compared to a one legged squat. I prefer the Bulgarian because I can really flex my quads without having to worry too much about balance.
  • JNick77
    Options

Stand about 2 to 3 feet facing a wall. Place your arms against it where your hands and forearms lay flat against the wall and are just outside of your shoulder width. Now slowly lean into it and stretch the front delts. For lateral delts, just bring a straight arm across your chest and pull with the other arm to help stretch it.

Ah, simple enough. Thanks!
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    HOSED49 thats crazy! Congrats on not passing out!

Today
    Cardio- I got a quick walk in this morning, 2 miles for 212 calories, got the lawn mowed and I'm on my way to wash the truck. The only car wash in town is apparently broken.

Strength- none, but I did test out the knee with a set of squats to warm up this morning. No actual pain, but it still didn't feel quiet right KWIM? Hopeful all will be fine tomorrow.

Food and water are both fine.

Assessment: I Don't think I'll hit my calories today, I'm just not hungry enough. Otherwise I've been busy and managed to get several things checked off the to do list. Feeling good and that's the aim!