"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 5.30 mile walk this morning. Had a great pace (4.5mph) til I hit the dirt. Hams were burning just keeping it at 4 mph. Calories 545. So 3.3 miles at 4.5 and 2 at 4.

Strength: none

Food: I went over on fat yesterday, but had tons of calories left last night. Peanut butter is quick, but to much fat! Hit over my water and everything else was great.

Assessment- I feel good, maybe a bit sore. If I'm up early tomorrow, I'll walk again.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I need a workout and accountability partner via SKYPE. Would love someone to join me so we can workout together to keep each other accountable. I've tried the email and group chat thing but it doesn't work much for me. Having and ACTUAL WORKOUT PARTNER works. I'm currently doing the INSANITY program you can do whatever program u want. I just need a live buddy...Any Takers???
    Anytime between 11:30am - 9pm
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Saturday = long run day....

7 miles. 98 minutes. 1272 calories burned.

No strength on run days....

First half of run was great, second half, I hit a wall. I'm new to this endurance running, so I need to find some supplements I cam stoma h while running.

Food was ok. I splurged a bit sure to my burn today. Still WAY under on the whole.

Water - admittedly not nearly enough today, especially considering the run.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Woo. Actually convinced my boyfriend to go for a walk with me - downside is I couldn't listen to music which really pushes my performance up.

Cardio: I did a sprint, he did 3 or 4 - at the end of the first one my OTHER shin was hurting (sigh) so I dunno what's up with me. Burned ...257 I think. It was shorter than yesterday -40 minutes - because his back was really hurting (mine hurt the first two weeks of walking).

Strength: Came back and did 2 sets of 21s, first 7 balanced on one leg, next 7 balanced on the other leg, full bicep curl on both.
    Put in 20 pushups today (this is pretty good for me) and I'm going to try for 8 more before bed. I don't feel like I'm going as deep as humanly possible but the boy watched me today and said they look good so I might be overcritical. Pushups are a big deal for me - 5 weeks ago I couldn't do more than 2 before having to drop into girl pushups. Now I can do 5 each set and that is with no weightloss really, so its all strength improvement. I want to figure out how to do pullups with a resistance band since that's my big fitness goal right now.

Also Supermans and bicycles and a thing I cannot find the name of.

Assessment: Not very much today - anything is better than nothing. Food was less good - I'd be ok with it but it was two kind of days in a row where I ate a big calorie dense meal instead of spreading it out more. My body actually performs pretty well on that (whereas eating 5 meals a day is miserable) but I do best with 1 smaller meal and 2 bigger ones.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Cardio: what you did, for how long and how many calories did you burn.

Strength: what exercises performed, how many sets and how many reps per set

Assessment: how you did on your food and water, how you feel overall and any other info you want to add.

Cardio: Take is a cardio off-day for me

Strength: I currently following the 5/3/1 method. I missed Friday's session which includes the Sumo Deadlift as the core lift. So today's workout was Deadlift (just that movement) and then my upper back, traps, and bi's.

- 5/3/1 Sumo Deadlift 3x3+
    - Chin-up's 3 sets of 10, 1 set of 9
    - 5/3/1 Chest Supported Rows 3x3+
    - Face Pulls 5 x 10
    - DB Rows 5 x 10
    - Shrugs w/ 2 sec pause 5 x 10

Bi's are a superset
    - Standing BB Curl 5 x 6-8
    - Constant Tension DB Curl: 5 x 6-8

Assessment: Sat / Sun are carb-up days for me and I really don't track my food but I try and drink as much as water as possible. About 60oz's at this point. Feel great, I love getting back to 5/3/1.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hope it's OK if I join! I really want a group that is supportive! I'll put yesterday's as I've just got up.

Cardio: Elliptical 10 minutes (warm-up) Only stopped once when my headphones came out :) Was between 10-11.9 for speed. 125 calories
    Treadmill - 20 minutes. I do the heart rate option on both machines so I ended up on a 14.4 incline at one point! Between 5-5.5 for speed and got to 249 (this is approx as I had to stop the machine to tie my shoelace. They don't have a pause option, or I can't find it if they do!)

Strength: I did:
    triceps pushdown, 2 sets, 10 reps at 33lb (all my diary has it as lbs because I can't figure out how to change it to kg, but my weights that I do are all kg. I'm converting because I'm assuming most people here talk in lbs not kgs)
    Deadlift : 2 sets, 10 reps 33lbs
    Squats :2 sets, 10 reps 33lbs
    45 degree leg press, 2 sets, 10 reps 88lbs
    Low Row: 2 sets, 10 reps 41.8lbs
    Lat Pulldown: 2 sets, 10 reps 57.2lbs

I am starting NROLFW tomorrow (Monday morning)

Food: under calories by 50. Over on sodium and sugar. Way over on Vitamin A and C (is this bad?) Under on protein. I am doing Jenny Craig and eating lots of fruit. Did my 8 glasses of water

Assessment- I feel fantastic. I'm just really, really happy right now. This is normally my worst time of year for depression but I'm on top of the world!

Not sure if I'm doing anything today. I have to clean my house and see if my push mower works, and then I'll do the front yard. I'm going to try and re0set my EA Sports Active II and start again three times a week on that, in addition to my twice weekly gym visits.

Oh and I currently weigh 279lbs.
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Fri 09/02/11 11:23 AM
    This morning:
    Push ups 2x10
    Side lat, bent lat, tricep ext, bicep, upright rows, bent row, glute kickbacks 2x8-10
    Lunges, squats and good mornings 2x15
    120 calories burned

Cardio:
    25 minutes of my Tae Bo/kickboxing thing. 290 calories

Assessment:
    I'm tired today, even took a nap. Only had 200 cals left yesterday and hit my water amount. I can't wait to measure on Wednesday. Several things feel looser than they did a week ago.

Have a good Labor Day everyone!
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: I feel great!

Lifting: Week 3 of 5/3/1 started today

Standing OHP @ 5/3/1+: 160lbs for 6 reps on the last
    - Dips (unsupported): BW 5 sets of 10
    - Superset of DB Lat Raise --> DB Front raise 5 sets of 10 (can you say burn?)
    - Lying Skull Crushers 5 set of 10

Cardio: 30 minutes on the treadmill wiht a level 4 incline

Water: The day is early but I'm about 32oz's in already

Food: Early, but the goal is to eat 2200 calories for the day.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 30 min walking plus lots of standing and walking when coaching (the last bit is not counted)

Strength: more weight bearing exercises, again at training.

Water: over 4 liters yesterday! Just guzzling it down.

Food: under. Had Subway for dinner (it's the easiest option for me on Mondays when I have training)

Really tired yesterday so felt like eating everything in sight. I had more almonds than is normal but that's OK!
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    Cardio: 45 minutes, 412 calories, 3.6 miles

No strength

Under on calories, not enough water.

Still not feeling 100% from my long run on Saturday. I can tell I'm dehydrated still, but have a hard time ettin my water in on 'home' days...
  • Flyntiggr
    Options
    Double post.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

Sorry I didn't post this weekend! I was up in Reno NV for the Annual Rib fest contest! Don't know who won, but gotta chance to sample lots of ribs from different ribbers! Then headed off camping at Donner memorial for a fun weekend with family! I KNOW for a fact I'm up in weight even without hitting that scale, but it's temporary and I'll be back where I was in no time!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Looks like you guys did pretty good this Labor day weekend! I'll be back on with all of you full force tomorrow!
  • JNick77
    Options
    Hey gang,

Sorry I didn't post this weekend! I was up in Reno NV for the Annual Rib fest contest! Don't know who won, but gotta chance to sample lots of ribs from different ribbers! Then headed off camping at Donner memorial for a fun weekend with family! I KNOW for a fact I'm up in weight even without hitting that scale, but it's temporary and I'll be back where I was in no time!

"Up in Reno" Where are you from? I'm in Henderson.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I had a baaaaaaad day yesterday. Bad. Didn't work out and ate WAY over. Just kind of went nuts. Haven't been bad since I started this end in June though so I guess 1 day every 3 months is pretty good.

I had a killer workout today, heart rate was way higher than I normally get on a trainer day (except for brief periods of running probably). Not sure why, it was just hard today. The 12-15-20 lb weights came out a lot more today which made me happy.

So lets see if I can recreate what I did:
    Cardio: 7 minutes elliptical, increasing intensity every minute.

Strength: 2 sets of everything, generally 10 reps
    chest press
    flys
    Rows

squats holding a weight
    jumping lunges 2 sets
    squats with a medicine ball alternating between feet together and feet spread

burpees, moutain climbers, the thing where you plank and then do jumping jack motions with your feet. (do these belong in cardio?)

A horrible reverse crunch with the medicine ball between my feet and never letting it touch the ground <-- HARD
    a crunch with medicine ball between knees, touching the ball with my fingers before going back down <-- hard due to having done the above first
    a tradtional medicine ball crunch

Deadlifts
    Something like a cable incline pushdown but not inclined and with a dumbell (arms above head then arms in front)
    Lying flat, through the 10 lb medicine ball straight up, catch it, elbows going down on either side of body (on a bench)
    something like a shoulder press - only did one set of these, I was dying by this point.

Assesment: good workout day, feeling it EVERYWHERE. I was really dedicated to my water today since I'm bad about it on weekends. Food was decent (if you pretend you don't see the fast food) and I'm where I wanted to be calorie wise today (trying to stay a little low because of my awful day yesterday) but I'm REALLY hungry right now. Always hungry after a serious training day - generally hungry for about 2 days after.

I'm probably going to end up eating something .... but what.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! So after my trip to Reno and the rib cookoff, it's time to trim back those few pounds I've accumulated! It'll be a nice restart to get everything going again! Gotta clean out the van today too so that'll add a few extra calories burned! Have a great day and I'll be back later!

Cardio:elliptical- Tabata protocol level 10-20 30 min (450 calories)

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts, smith machine shoulder press, side laterals, bent over laterals. 3x8-10

Assessment:Eating back on track! Also getting in my water!
  • JNick77
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling great and my weight is coming down nicely after my weekend carb-up.

Weights: 5/3/1 week 3
    Hack Squat 5/3/1+
    - Superset 1: Walking Lunges (5 x 6-8) with Leg Extensions (5 x 8-10)
    - Superset 2: RDS's (5 x 6-8) with Lying Leg Curls (5 x 8-10)

Cardio: Treadmill for 30 min. With my leg workout I could only manage a level 3.5 incline today, walking isn't easy for the next couple hours. LOL

Diet: Will continue to stay on course through Friday, 2200 calories per day.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Assessment: Feeling great and my weight is coming down nicely after my weekend carb-up.

Hack Squat 5/3/1+

Cardio: Treadmill for 30 min. With my leg workout I could only manage a level 3.5 incline today, walking isn't easy for the next couple hours. LOL

Legs burning? Good job since most guys neglect legs!
  • JNick77
    Options

Hack Squat 5/3/1+

Legs burning? Good job since most guys neglect legs!

Honestly I don't know what keeps me going after the first superset, probably just sheer willpower at that point. I just started doing walking lunges again 2 weeks ago and my legs haven't fully adjusted yet.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Honestly I don't know what keeps me going after the first superset, probably just sheer willpower at that point. I just started doing walking lunges again 2 weeks ago and my legs haven't fully adjusted yet.
    It's about having the desire to finish!