"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Popping in to note I haven't worked out since Sunday due to a pulled muscle in my back. Hoping to get back to it tonight or tomorrow.

Food: been on target
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! 2 clients this morning and kbox and TKO tonight.

Cardio: Stepmill- level 9 to level 15 (300 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 8x8

Assessment: Stayed well under deficit yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! One client this morning and 2 tonight! Laundry today.

Assessment: Did good again yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients today and just TKO tonight! Gonna finish playing "Walking Dead" and start on no. 2!

Cardio run/jog- 3 mi (500 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8

Assessment: Steady right now.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client then and strength class. Visiting mom and dad and my DW and DD are both getting their hair trimmed by my brother today.

Cardio: Stepmill- 30 min(350 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Up a little after eating Mediterranean food yesterday!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Back still having issues (pinched nerve? Going to see doctor on Monday), but went to practice anyway. Only had to modify a little.

Football practice: 3.5 hours. Played a bunch of tackle today in the offense vs. defense drill.

Food: on target.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Light football practice with a few players. Practiced punting, also receiver work. Also ran 1/2 mile.

Food: on target
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! No clients this morning since I'm chaparoning my DD's class for a visit to Mission San Jose in Fremont. One client later then TKO.

Cardio: stepmill- level 9-15 30 min (500 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 8x8

Assessment: I'm up a little, but I did have pho yesterday, so lots of sodium.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! No clients this morning and 3 tonight. Had a great day with the kids at Mission San Jose. Really cool to learn about some of the history around the Bay Area with the missions.

Cardio: Stepmill- level 9-14 30 minutes (500 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 8x8

Assessment: Hittin' it hard yesterday did some good!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday!

Popping in to note I'll be out of commission for a bit. Back pain returned with a vengeance on Monday and Tuesday. Have not been able to drive to work. Had x-rays done yesterday. Going to doctor for follow up later today. Hopefully, it's just a severe muscle strain in the back and they can get me some relief. Even with relief, I assume I'll need to avoid a lot of exercise for a few days.

Food: been under (not hungry with the pain). Dropped a few pounds because of it.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tuesday!

Popping in to note I'll be out of commission for a bit. Back pain returned with a vengeance on Monday and Tuesday. Have not been able to drive to work. Had x-rays done yesterday. Going to doctor for follow up later today. Hopefully, it's just a severe muscle strain in the back and they can get me some relief. Even with relief, I assume I'll need to avoid a lot of exercise for a few days.

Food: been under (not hungry with the pain). Dropped a few pounds because of it.
    Oh no. Hope it's not serious brandi. Take care and get better. Consult me when you get a prognosis and I'll see if I can give you some functional work that you can do.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 2 clients this morning and kbox and TKO tonight. Raining today in the Bay Area, so I expect the gym to be busy.

Assessment: Stayed well under deficit yesterday.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday!

Oh no. Hope it's not serious brandi. Take care and get better. Consult me when you get a prognosis and I'll see if I can give you some functional work that you can do.

Thanks, Niner. No fractures. Severe back strain in the trapezius muscle (middle right of my back, upward). Will be seeing chiropractor for 5-10 treatments. She's said I can run when I feel up to that, but wants nothing else for a couple weeks - no overhead lifting, no pushing exercises. Still managing the pain...basic things like driving and bending over hurt. I'm hoping I get the pain down enough to run a little over the weekend.

I'd appreciate any exercise suggestions. :smile:

Assessment: Lost a couple pounds (due to not eating much for a few days). Will watch diet carefully while recovering.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday! No clients this morning and 2 tonight! Another rainy day.

Assessment: Did good again yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Tuesday!

Thanks, Niner. No fractures. Severe back strain in the trapezius muscle (middle right of my back, upward). Will be seeing chiropractor for 5-10 treatments. She's said I can run when I feel up to that, but wants nothing else for a couple weeks - no overhead lifting, no pushing exercises. Still managing the pain...basic things like driving and bending over hurt. I'm hoping I get the pain down enough to run a little over the weekend.

Assessment: Lost a couple pounds (due to not eating much for a few days). Will watch diet carefully while recovering.
    Work on some isometric exercises to keep up strength. Also, if you can recumbant bike, that can help keep calorie burn up.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Tuesday!

Work on some isometric exercises to keep up strength. Also, if you can recumbant bike, that can help keep calorie burn up.

Thanks, niner!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! No clients today and just TKO tonight! Just doing some clean up around the house today. Raining so not much I can do outside.

Cardio run/jog- 3 mi (500 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 8x8

Assessment: Steady right now.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One client then and strength class. New month! Didn't quite reach goal last month, but I can still stay on track with a little more diligence this month (and some extra days!)

Cardio: Stepmill- 30 min(350 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Sushi for dinner last night means a little water retention this morning!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Back feeling better today. Since the doctor said i was allowed to run, I did. :)

3.2 mile run, easy pace. 36 minutes.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Back feeling better today. Since the doctor said i was allowed to run, I did. :)

3.2 mile run, easy pace. 36 minutes.

Alright! A little is better than none!