"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Happy Sunday and Happy Labor Day tomorrow. We're having family and friends over for a pool party tomorrow so I think I'm going to have to take rest day. Got my run in this morning though.

Cardio: 4 mile run on the track at the park. My left knee has been bothering me a little and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I wore a sleeve today while I ran and it was okay but then hurt afterwards and still hurts a little. What's been happening is it hurts for one day and then the next feels fine. Ugggghhhh. I do not want another injury. Playing it by ear right not and trying to be smart but I don't want to stop running.

Eating pretty well today but tomorrow all bets are off!

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Happy Labor day! Only 3 clients this morning, then the rest of the day on my own.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (200 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Overate a little this weekend, so up in weight, but I should be back down by tomorrow.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Happy Sunday and Happy Labor Day tomorrow. We're having family and friends over for a pool party tomorrow so I think I'm going to have to take rest day. Got my run in this morning though.

Cardio: 4 mile run on the track at the park. My left knee has been bothering me a little and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. I wore a sleeve today while I ran and it was okay but then hurt afterwards and still hurts a little. What's been happening is it hurts for one day and then the next feels fine. Ugggghhhh. I do not want another injury. Playing it by ear right not and trying to be smart but I don't want to stop running.

Eating pretty well today but tomorrow all bets are off!

Could just be nagging pain. Little tendinitis or arthritis. If it's not a persistent pain, then there's not too much to worry about.

• luluinca
    Options
    Thanks Niner. I'll keep an eye on it for now. I don't want it to get worse but I don't think it's anything too serious. I know I didn't actually injure it. It may just be that I need to stretch out better before and after a run. My daughter suggested stretching my quads really well several times a day. She's got bad knees and it seems to help her to do that. I've never really had any trouble with my knees before.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Happy Labour Day Cool Fit Friends!

Recovery week is done and over! thank goodness! was feeling too lazy, heavy and sluggish! glad it's done!

Strength: P90X:Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and UFC FIT:ABS Assassin done!

Cardio: Walking and maybe a short HIIT session later

I feel the blood rushing through my veins, feeling light and amazing again. yeay for being able to workout!

@luluinca look after yourself, don't allow this to become a bigger problem. :)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Holiday was a good relaxing time with family.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, machine flat bench, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Got a run in this morning. Knee still bothering me but only when I run and immediately afterwards. I'm going to run just every other day this week and if it still hurts next week I'll take some time off.........not looking forward to that though.

Cardio: 3.25 mile run

Strength: Tomorrow

Assessment: Too much party food yesterday but I still weighed one lb less this morning.....go figure.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    late post, got way too busy to post earlier

strength: P90X: Plyometric
    Cardio: Walking, 45 minutes done

tomorrow is university orientation for my boys. goodness too excited and stressed!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Just laundry today.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Tuesday!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @MJFSH good luck to your sons at college. Such an exciting time for a family. All three of our kids went to college, graduated and all three went on for more education. It really pays dividends for their future.

Cardio: Took the day off running even though I really wanted to run around the basketball court after strength training. My knee felt great this morning and so I'm beginning to wonder if it might be the shoes. I'm going to run the horse trail tomorrow with my other running shoes on and see if that helps and then maybe just go ahead and invest in even another pair.....sheesh.

Strength: Spent about 30 min warming up with lots of stretching, calisthenics and shoulder rehab followed by:

5X5 squats @ 115

Arnold's Supersets
    #1; 4x10 standing dumbbell curls w/15 & 4X10 prone dumbbell extensions w/15/15
    #2: 4X10 incline dumbbell curls w/15/15 & 4X10 of overhead extensions w/30 & 4X10 tricep pushdowns w/40
    #3 of 4X10preacher curls w/25lbs & 4X10 of seated dips w/60

3X10 calf raises w/70 and 3X10 leg extensions w/40

Assessment: Ate too many leftovers yesterday so back to normal today. I've been losing weight again so I'm not too worried about it though.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    @luluinca Thank you!!!! :) it was an exciting yet exhausting day! mom's taxi service did not stop until 9:15 pm! I'm beat! but they both had good first days so that's what really matters.
    And yes do pay attention to the shoes, maybe that's where the problem is!

strength: P90X:Back and Biceps done and then all the running around! funny enough the running around doesn't even count as cardio! lol
    tomorrow will be even busier. gotta get some sleep before morning get here already
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Thursday!!! 4 clients this morning then 3 tonight. Football is BACK!!!! YES!!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (250 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:[b/] Pork adobo!
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Still awake, so i might as well log in my workout

strength: STS: LEGS,
    one of my most favorite leg workouts ever! even tho i need to double my BCAA intake when doing this workout

Cardio: Walking all day!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy TGIF and LCW!!! Just 4 clients this morning, then yard duty. After that just some house clean up today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (250 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, ATG squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! One session this morning then later just kick back. May take in a movie.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Forgot to log in my workout yesterday so here that is.

Cardio: 1.3 mile run post weights

Strength: 25 min calisthenics warmup followed by this:

1X5 dead lifts w/115 lbs, 1X5 dead lifts w/135 & 1X5 dead lifts w/145 lbs
    leg press 12@310 lbs, 2X10@ 400 lbs and 2X8@ 450 lbs - dropped a bit of weight because of knee

Supersets:
    #1: 3X10 bent over rows w/75 lbs & 3X10 bench press w65 lbs
    #2: 3X10 incline bench press w/20/20 & 3X10 wide grip lat pulldowns w/70
    #3: 3X10 bench dumbbell flyes w/12.5/12.5 & 3X10 seated rows w/70 lbs
    #4: 3X10 assisted dips & 3X10 assisted chinups (close grip)

Today: I ran 4.16 miles on the track at the park. I changed out my running shoes last week, added a different pre-run stretch and an open patella knee sleeve and my knee felt much better today. So much more fun to run when something doesn't hurt. Hope I can keep it that way!

Assessment: I've been eating better lately and have been able to just maintain for now which is what I've been hoping for.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 5 tonight. Monday night football later! Didn't do that well my first week in FFL, but hey there's 12 more games to go.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (200 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder press, rear cable laterals, side cable laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Weekend was okay. Had pho last night.
  • MJFSH
    Options
    Good Morning! !!!
    strength: P90X chest shoulders and triceps done!
    cardio: walks walks and more walks
    have been extremely busy, picking hubby up from the airport this afternoon and then he can do some of all the running arounds. I'm beat!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. Well FFL didn't go as planned, but it's only week 1.

Cardio: bike riding- 30 (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, machine flat bench, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork adobo.
  • luluinca
    Options
    A little late checking in here again. Things have been chaotic with the wedding and getting ready to go to CO for it. Also, hubby is having surgery as soon as we get back so that's been taking up a lot of time with appointments and whatnot.

Yesterday

Strength: 35 minutes of a nice warmup of calisthenics, shoulder rehab and stairmaster followed by 60 minutes of strength training including squats, shrugs, standing DB curl to press, etc......

Today

Cardio: 3.52 mile run slow and easy except for the two hills I ran

Assessment: Eating okay the last couple of days and getting more protein in.