"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. More rain.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Pork chops and salad for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Rain kept the kids inside. And it was a madhouse.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. I just chilled on the couch after work before hitting the sack early.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    @nossmf

I saw your issue about tennis elbow. I have both tennis and golfer's elbow and found 2 things that help to relieve some of the pain. Elbow sleeves and using straps. Because GRIPPING is the main culprit to both tennis and golfers elbow, the less you have to grip something, the less the pain. You can still do the exercises you mentioned, but using lifting straps helps with holding onto the weight without really gripping it.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,166 Member
    Options
    Cardio:

15m stationary bike
    45m elliptical hills

Analysis: When I got to the gym this morning, all the elliptical machines were in use, so I sat down on a stationary bike to give it a whirl (pun intended). Lasted all of 15 minutes before I had to stop. Bored stiff, only burned 25 calories in 15 minutes, I couldn't do it anymore. Fortunately, by that point one of the ellipticals was open, so I hopped on and got in a workout anyway.

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops, Dinner - baked chicken with noodles (tonight's spaghetti dinner ended up being swapped with last night's chicken last second)

Elbow: Pain really isn't an issue, other than during a couple movements...it's painful at times during the day, other times not, but I'm pretty good about ignoring pain. But my grip is definitely seriously compromised, able to lift less for less time before I simply have to drop whatever is being held.
    Even shaking hands is problematic. I'm hesitant about relying on wrist straps for fear that if I don't let this thing heal completely now, it'll remain an issue for the rest of my life.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Cardio:

15m stationary bike
    45m elliptical hills

Analysis: When I got to the gym this morning, all the elliptical machines were in use, so I sat down on a stationary bike to give it a whirl (pun intended). Lasted all of 15 minutes before I had to stop. Bored stiff, only burned 25 calories in 15 minutes, I couldn't do it anymore. Fortunately, by that point one of the ellipticals was open, so I hopped on and got in a workout anyway.

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops, Dinner - baked chicken with noodles (tonight's spaghetti dinner ended up being swapped with last night's chicken last second)

Elbow: Pain really isn't an issue, other than during a couple movements...it's painful at times during the day, other times not, but I'm pretty good about ignoring pain. But my grip is definitely seriously compromised, able to lift less for less time before I simply have to drop whatever is being held.
    Even shaking hands is problematic. I'm hesitant about relying on wrist straps for fear that if I don't let this thing heal completely now, it'll remain an issue for the rest of my life.
    Tendinitis NEVER goes away. Degree of pain is the variable. It can flare up at any time. Even if you healed (almost pain free) then say suddenly grab or catch something, it can flare back up. Use straps when you lift ALL THE TIME and you'll have less chances of it flaring up or inflamming. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but trust me that it works.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Light schedule this morning but my afternoon is full. Getting ready for tomorrow's game in SF.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment:Pollo Loco avocado burrito for dinner.

• nossmf
    edited January 2023
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Tendinitis NEVER goes away. Degree of pain is the variable. It can flare up at any time. Even if you healed (almost pain free) then say suddenly grab or catch something, it can flare back up. Use straps when you lift ALL THE TIME and you'll have less chances of it flaring up or inflaming. I know it sounds counter-intuitive but trust me that it works.

Beyond sounding discouraging, I find myself irritated at the idea. Not irritated at you, of course, more at life? The universe? Ever since I was a kid in a bowling league, I've always had the strongest grip of anybody I knew. Using straps for every lift going forward may help alleviate pain from recurring, but I gotta imagine it'll destroy my grip strength, so if I ever need to be lifting items outside of the gym (lugging groceries, helping move furniture, etc) I'll be compromised in that way.
  • nossmf
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Cardio:

Treadmill walk set to incline 20 min
    Elliptical hills 40 min

Food: Lunch - taco salad, Dinner - sweet & sour pork with rice
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then come home and watch the 49ers/Seahawks Wild card game along with cleaning the house.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and salad. Warriors won so my weekend is starting right.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule then go home and do laundry and grocery shop. Will watch the rest of Wild Card weekend already happy watching my 9ers kick the *kitten* out of the Seahawks!

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken dumpling soup and salad for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Stil rainy here and that's a long time in my area.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Warriors stunk last night. At least now we'll see who we face on Sunday after tonight's game.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Saturday:
    Elliptical - 1hr
    Walking dog - 30m

Food: Dinner - home grilled hamburgers and fruit salad

Monday:
    Elliptical - 1hr

Analysis: Lost about 1.5# last week, and doing cardio every day is likely to make it easy to get below 180# well before I resume lifting. Fact is, this may end up being a blessing in disguise, allowing me to drop body fat and then, when I do pick up a DB again in a couple months, I'll be in position to also try clean bulking for the first time.

Food: Lunch - sweet & sour pork with rice, Dinner - rack of ribs with mashed potatoes

NFL: Hit or miss what playoff games I was able to watch over the weekend...saw the second half of the Niners game, second half of the Bills game, first half of the Bengals game, and all of the Giants game. What games I did see, though, were plenty exciting! So far, I'm 5-0 in predicting outcomes of games; let's see how MNF turns out.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Well I got what I wished for.............the Cowboys! Lol, I'll be a nervous wreck the whole week now.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and eggs for dinner. Watching that game last night showed me how feeble TB is getting. Dude should just retire instead of trying to prove he can still play at an elite level.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1hr (brisk walking pace, moderate incline)

Food: Lunch - peanut chicken with rice, Dinner - French toast with scrambled eggs and bacon

NFL: With Dallas winning, I went 6-0 in my Round 1 predictions. You'll be happy, @ninerbuff, to know I predict San Francisco to win in Round 2. Only upset I expect this weekend will be New York taking it to Philadelphia. In fact, I expect the Niners to play in the Super Bowl, though with every win I cringe a little inside as you keep making my Broncos Round 1 pick move later and later in the round, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I might go to the game this weekend. My bday is Thursday and I haven't had a bday gift in years. So I'll treat myself.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Cold but at least is dry now.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: clam chowder for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills

Food: Lunch - chicken strips with rice, Dinner - homemade fried chicken with sweet potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Happy Birthday to me!!!! 59!!! I'm gonna celebrate by doing a 30" box jump again.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. Didn't matter............I lost another pound.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills

Food: Lunch - baked chicken with egg noodles, Dinner - ham steak with fries
  • nossmf
    Options
    Happy Birthday, @ninerbuff! You sure don't look 59 in your pic (not sure how old it is), so what you're doing must be working!