"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is currently how I look.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Looking to get everything done today and Saturday so I can focus on the game. Still deciding if I am going to go.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Taco Bell again for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,993 Member
    Options
    Cardio:
    Treadmill - 25m incline walk
    Elliptical - 5km hills
    Walking dog - 30m

Analysis: Lesson learned. The cardio machines have TV or internet hookups, to allow you to watch a show or login to Netflix account while exercising. But the treadmill I hopped on while waiting for the elliptical to open had its TV hookup busted, and I'd left my iPod in my locker. In the future, will bring my iPod anyway, so I can at least listen to music. On the plus side, I've lost another .7 pounds this week, which at this pace I'll be below 180 by the time I resume lifting. Wonder how much that'll impact my strength levels.

Food: Date night tonight, wife's choice, so not sure where we're going. Have a hankering for salmon, which is available at both her favorite Italian and steak houses. But if she chooses something else, I may have to improvise to ensure I get enough protein on the day.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then I'll clean the house and watch today's games. Still haven't decided if I'm going to game or not tomorrow.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Popeye's chicken sandwich and fries for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Grocery shopping

Food: Lunch - hamburger and fries, Dinner - Mongolian steak with rice

Addendum: For last night's date night, we ended up going to Red Lobster, about the last place I'd ever expect my seafood-hating wife to choose, but apparently she enjoys their chicken alfredo. So I got my salmon last night after all.

NFL: You sure you can actually get tickets this close to a playoff match? And if so, ye gods, I bet they're costing a pretty penny!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Cardio: Grocery shopping

Food: Lunch - hamburger and fries, Dinner - Mongolian steak with rice

Addendum: For last night's date night, we ended up going to Red Lobster, about the last place I'd ever expect my seafood-hating wife to choose, but apparently she enjoys their chicken alfredo. So I got my salmon last night after all.

NFL: You sure you can actually get tickets this close to a playoff match? And if so, ye gods, I bet they're costing a pretty penny!
    You can get a ticket into the 3rd quarter. Right now tickets are at $500 and up for a nosebleed seat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Well I know it's the Eagles we'd end up playing if we win. Still on the fence if I'm going to the game.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chik Fil A sandwich and fries for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. I ended up going to the game and it was so much fun. Lol, in the first quarter, a Cowboys fan in front of me who was wasted said "I'm not going to listen to you scream behind me all night". I told him get used to it because it's a *kitten* game and rivalry. He ended up leaving to get more drinks by the middle of second quarter and I never saw him again.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner. I had no time to cook anything after getting home late.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Racing to work after waking in the morning to sunshine rather than my alarm clock.

Food: Lunch - ground hamburger with rice, Dinner - pork schnitzel with sweet potatoes

NFL: Only went 2-2 on my predictions for the games this weekend. Rather a letdown week after the amazing games of last weekend.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills

Analysis: My gym added a few more elliptical machines, so hopefully I won't have to compete for one going forward. The elliptical is much easier on my knees than the treadmill.

Food: Lunch - leftover Pizza Hut, Dinner - chicken fajitas
  • ninerbuff
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner because I was too tired to cook.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Gonna be a long one.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Taco bell again for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills

Analysis: Something was up with the gym staff this morning, as the doors are supposed to open at 5am but were still closed at 5:20. During that 20 minute wait a line formed to get in, while I observed at least a dozen cars arrive, wait for maybe a minute or two, then leave without anybody getting in/out. Kinda makes me wonder where they are planning to go, if they're in such a hurry they can't afford to wait around a little bit for the gym to open. Heck, if nothing else wouldn't they want to come in and shower and change into work clothes? Or am I the only person who arrives at the gym already wearing my gym clothes (minus wearing my boots to walk through snow etc with my gym sneakers in my bag)?

Food: Lunch - Mongolian steak with rice, Dinner - homemade pizza

Life: Today's my youngest daughter's birthday. In order to spend the day with her family, she elected to spend yesterday after school with her friends. Very considerate of her...if she'd bothered to tell us her plans. Wife and I didn't know where she was, she wasn't answering her phone/texts. Didn't get to the point of calling the cops, but the death stares were flying when she did get home around 9.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - one hour hills

Analysis: After doing elliptical three days in a row, my quads are telling me they've gotten enough exercise this week. Think I'll set a treadmill at an incline tomorrow to give my quads a break. My iPod is already in my gym shorts pocket, so no worries about forgetting it, lol.

Food: Lunch - fried chicken with sweet potatoes, Dinner - sautéed summer sausage with potatoes au gratin
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Super nice outside today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pizza for dinner. I've been horrible at dinner this week. But on the bright side I'm down another 2lbs.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. This is my second longest day. At least no classes.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment:Chicken adobo and rice for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1 hour incline (3 miles, 640 calories, 1650 feet climb)

Analysis: Broke the hour up into six "hills" where I start the ten minute segment at low elevation, and increase by 1 degree every minute. Start of the next hill I go back down to 1 degree higher than the previous segment, so each of the six hills was slightly steeper than the one before. Even keeping the pace a constant, steady walking pace I was breathing hardy towards the end of each hill.

Food: Lunch - Chick-Fil-A, Dinner - chicken stir fry with rice and veggies
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just clean up the house and grocery shop as usual. A member had a seizure on the treadmill and I had to perform emergency life saving techniques again. This time everything went well as she recovered before the paramedics arrived.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Beef pho for dinner for me.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. I'm sporting 9er gear at work but nervous and anxious as well. GO 9ERS!!!!!!!!

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Well, it was a good season and wished it ended up better. As soon as Purdy went down, I pretty much knew that game was over because Johnson sucks. Well onto the Warriors and hoping for them to pick it up and go for another championship run.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, . front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. My weight's going down and I'll try to go under 190 this week.