Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    Weights: Upper Body - Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Food: Last night was chili

Fantasy Football: It's been years since I last did a "live" draft; my other leagues are all either auction or "slow" draft which a person checks online to see if they're up, then has several hours to make their selection: an entire draft can take weeks to complete. Satisfied with my team, though got sniped on a couple selections which would have taken me from "satisfied" to "ecstatic".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    edited September 3
    nossmf wrote: »

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Food: Last night was chili

Fantasy Football: It's been years since I last did a "live" draft; my other leagues are all either auction or "slow" draft which a person checks online to see if they're up, then has several hours to make their selection: an entire draft can take weeks to complete. Satisfied with my team, though got sniped on a couple selections which would have taken me from "satisfied" to "ecstatic".
    You'll have fun this year especially when it comes to FAB. I've watched people overreach on spending for a player (one guy spent half his FAB on a player and no one even else bothered to bid so he could have just even bid 1 and got him) as well as see some trades. Trades can get vetoed and you need at least 3 teams to veto for it to not go through, but our guys act like adults and that rarely happens. I can only recall it once.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Off today, but have conference call. Almost done with patching the wall. Hopefully the original paint isn't dried up in the bucket in the garage.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Treadmill, incline walk - 560 calories

Food: Last night was home-grilled burgers

Fantasy Football: I was gonna ask about minimum FAB bids so I could plan on bye-week fillers, but you just answered that question inadvertently with the "could have bid 1 and got him" comment, so good to go.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »

Food: Last night was home-grilled burgers

Fantasy Football: I was gonna ask about minimum FAB bids so I could plan on bye-week fillers, but you just answered that question inadvertently with the "could have bid 1 and got him" comment, so good to go.
    You could bid zero. A lot of times when I need say a kicker for a bye week fill in, I don't spend FAB

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Open the store and full day today. Finally finished the patch. Now just have to paint it. I'll do that this weekend.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Leftovers for dinner.
  • nossmf

Analysis: For the past two months, I had to be at work uber-early and had to workout after work, which shuffled my workout days to different days of the week. Now that I'm back to being able to workout before work again, I was faced with the decision of whether to revert to my old lifting schedule (MWF) or keep the new (MThSa). I ultimately decided to keep the new, since Wednesday is too soon after Monday to have a second upper-body day, and I've been spoiled keeping leg day on Fri/Sat when I have the time to hit the hot tub after lifting.

Food: Last night was fried chicken
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Can't wait to get off work later today because............................IT'S FOOTBALL TIME!!!!! Yeah, my favorite time of the year for sports!!!

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and corn for dinner.
  • nossmf
    No workout for me, slept through my alarm, guess I needed the sleep more than I needed a workout. (I'll just do it tomorrow.)

No football for me tonight, Thursdays are choir rehearsal nights. If I'm lucky I'll catch the first few minutes on the radio while driving to church, and the last few minutes on the drive home.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! I go in later this morning because I have to close the store tonight and we close at 8pm instead of 7pm because of the weekend. But good thing there's free Wifi in the store and I can watch DirecTV from my phone. Packers and Eagles tonight.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Spaghetti for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Weights: Upper Body - Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Machine Reverse Fly 3x10
    Machine Lat Raise 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Last night was gyros with baked fries
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A regular Saturday for me today with a late morning start and closing. Ugh, I used to have Saturdays off all the time and luckily I don't have to do anything anymore with my daughter. But I am off tomorrow and can watch football all day!

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

• nossmf
    Weights: Lower Body

Squat 4x10
    Rack Pull 4x10
    Leg Press <<superset> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x10
    Seated Leg Curl 4x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Food: Last night was pork parmigiana with mashed potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Off today. Ugh, with DIRECTV in dispute with ESPN, I'll have to find an alternative way to watch tomorrow night's game with my team! Clean house, laundry and grocery shop today.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Was asked if I could "loan" an employee for a couple of days to run one of our other stores, but after a lot of waffling, he declined. I'm sure my DM wasn't happy, but there's nothing I can do if the employee doesn't want to volunteer.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Lol, I love football season but it's the time of year where I can get anxiety because I'm so into Fantasy Football. Unless my TE scores 6 TD's tonight and McCaffrey does nothing (lol), I've already lost the first game of the season.

• nossmf

Bench Press 5x8
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10

Assessment: Long wondered how well my lifting form stands up. On my last set of bench I asked a guy at the next station to spot me for safety as I went for max reps, banged them out, didn't think twice about it. Later saw my spotter in a different shirt accompanying somebody else, turns out he is one of the new personal trainers at the gym. After my workout I went to the front desk for a pen to make notes in my lifting log, and that trainer was there. When he commented, unsolicited, to the other people how smooth my bench was, that just made my day!

Food: Last night was Little Caesar's

Fantasy Football: Can somebody please explain to me how an NFL team can score 47 points, the leading receiver is healthy the entire game, but only records 2 catches for 21 yards? It's gonna be a long fantasy season if I can combine the scores of my top 2 RB's and my top 2 WR's and be outscored by a single RB on the other team...
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Off today, but will likely change next week since the guy that used to close, can't anymore. Ugh. One of the reasons I didn't take the manager job at the gym. Well at least I'll have Friday's off starting next week.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.

• nossmf
    Fantasy Football: Every year I have to relearn the lesson of not assuming the results of a week until the week is over. Before week 1 started, I was projected to win all six leagues; yep, that's a clear alarm bell that something's not right. Even before Sunday Night Football began, I was projected to go 4-2. But the final results are 3-3, with one score so close that I'm waiting to see if scoring corrections published Tuesday night change the results into 2-4. Oofda.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Open the store and full day today. Well at least I was able to get the 2 FAs I
    shot for on the waiver wire. Now all I have to do is win a game.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo for dinner.

• nossmf
    If your only goal is to win "A" game, I suggest next week is a great time. Not this week. Nope.