Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,887 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Lol, it's been so boring at work. During my whole day yesterday, it averaged 2 people an hour. And most of them were just buying drinks from our fridges since we're the only place that sells cold drinks in a can.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Spaghetti for dinner. Made some transactions in FFL and it's not uncommon for me to make a transaction every week because I tend to stream defenses and kickers based on matchups.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Ugh, today my DM wants me to go to another store to learn some things from one of the good store managers in the district. I'm for that except for one thing.................traffic. Her store is in an area where traffic is horrendous especially on FRIDAY COMMUTE HOME.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Chicken adobo for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,782 Member
    What do you know...a thread I didn't have to go searching for the correct last page...
  • nossmf
    Weights: Upper Body - Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Machine Reverse Fly 3x10
    Machine Lat Raise 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15, 20, 30sec

Food: Last night was sloppy Joes
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Well I WAS supposed to go to another store yesterday but on my way from the gym at 8am, my van decided not to cooperate. I got it started fine, shifted into reverse, backed out but when I physically shifted the gear to D, the display on the dash didn't move. I hit the gas as it kept going back. Thinking it was maybe a computer glitch, I turned off the vehicle and tried to restart it. Even though I could move the gear shift to any position, the display remained in R. I couldn't start the vehicle again. I got it towed to a transmission shop and they told me it may be done on Monday. So from there I took an UBER to Hertz car rental, rented a vehicle and went straight to work at my store. About 2.5 hour later the owner of the trans shop called and said that it was just a bushing that wore out and needed to be replaced in the gear shift. They had it done in 2.5 hours, so I drove the vehicle back to Hertz (4 hours usage and most of it being parked) and let them know I drove it a total of 7 miles. We laughed and UBER picked up to go back to the transmission shop. Luckily the damage was only $200 and not a transmission repair or replacement which could have cost thousands.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fried chicken for dinner. I was so tired from yesterday I didn't feel like cooking.

• nossmf
    Weights: Lower Body

Squat 4x10
    Rack Pull 4x10
    Leg Press <<superset> Leg Press Calf Raise 4x10
    Seated Leg Curl 4x10
    Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Food: Last night was baked salmon with broccoli
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 411 Member
    Exercise: Two 15 min. walks; 5 min. stretching (need to do more)

Meals: Dave's killer powerseed bread (toast) with marmalade and butter spread; sweet potato pancakes; honey mustard salmon, baked potato, and cole slaw.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Off today. Got 2 clients I box with this morning and then FOOTBALL. The 9ers haven't won in Minnesota in over 2 decades there so I'm really hoping for a win today. I also face nossmf today in FFL!!!!! We both have the same record so it's a battle for the the first win! Let's go!!!!

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fried chicken for dinner last night.
  • DiscusTank5
    nossmf wrote: »
    Sending good wishes for gainful employment, my friend.

I want to see Deadpool/Wolverine, but have limited funds to see movies in-theater and my wife and I are already slated to see Twisters on our date night tonight, so I may have to wait until it becomes available for home viewing. Shouldn't take long...as a kid it was a good six months wait, these days the wait can be as little as a few weeks.

I saw Twisters with my daughters this summer (I see a movie every 2-3 months max). It was like they took the romance angle from the original Twister and friend-zoned everyone, but oh well.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Regular day although ex will be out of town till Friday so I gotta drop my DD off at work and school this week. My client whom I train in the mornings is gone also so this works out okay.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Short ribs for dinner. Game tonight will decide if nossmf beats me tonight badly or not. I don't think I'll win based on how many points I'm ahead by.
  • nossmf
    edited September 16
    Weights: Upper Body - Power

Bench Press 5x8
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10

Food: Last night was pot roast

Fantasy Football: Down by 13, one player to go, projected to score 16. Sounds like a win, right? Of course, this same player only scored 4 last week despite being projected for almost 20, so nothing is certain in this game.
  • DiscusTank5
    Exercise: 10 min walk with the dog. I have a pulled leg muscle that keeps acting up.

Meals
    B: overnight oats with dates and chia; a scrambled egg; black tea with half and half
    L: a 220 calorie Green Goddess (bag) salad
    S: 2 slices homemade pizza
    snack: homemade chocolate cake with pureed sweet potato (you'd never guess)

*I'm working on eating far less processed food. Ultimate goal: next to none. And restaurant eating once a week to once a month. Health and budget reasons.*
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Off today, but have conference call. Was supposed to get a haircut today but my person is sick and now have to put it off till next week sometime.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork loin for dinner. Well it was going good, till WR caught the winning touchdown. I lost by 7. Oh well, onto next week. Such is the frustration with FFL each week. :D

• nossmf
    "Your comment will appear after it is approved..."

Um, what?
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Treadmill incline walk - 560 calories

Food: Last night was soy chicken with buttered egg noodles

Fantasy Football: After two weeks, hard to be more average of a manager than this...

AC1: 1-1
    AC3: 1-1
    AC4: 1-1
    AC6: 0-2
    G1: 2-0
    Niner's League: 1-1

(Let's see if this one goes through...)
  • nossmf
    Huh, "after approved" again. I wonder if by using abbreviations of some of my fantasy football leagues, I inadvertently triggered some kind of filter protocol with the site thinking I was using inappropriate slang of some form.

Let's test that...

Food: Last night was soy chicken with buttered noodles

Fantasy Football: Two weeks in, average is the name of the game...

Team 1: 1-1
    Team 2: 1-1
    Team 3: 1-1
    Team 4: 0-2
    Team 5: 2-0
    Team 6 (Niner's League): 1-1
  • nossmf
    Yep, I bet that's what happened...
  • DiscusTank5
    I don't know a thing about fantasy football, but I do know how to make homemade bread. Delish! Also . . . this type of bread-baking spree got my weight up during the bad ol' covid lockdown days of 2020, so I've got to be careful.

Exercise: two short walks outside.
    Food: oatmeal banana bites and tea; brown rice and Tasty Bites chickpea tikka masala; leftover salmon with roasted carrots and potatoes. Snack: 3 slices of bread fresh from the oven. With butter and jam. I'd rather eat bread than any dessert, TBH.

Stay tuned -- I'm going to try pre-tracking my food tomorrow and see if that will help me reign things in. I still came in just under 2000 calories today, but for weight loss I need to hit around 1400-1500, esp. since I'm hardly exercising.
  • ninerbuff
    edited September 18
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Open the store and full day today. Have a lot to do today because tomorrow starts our "National Vitamin day sale" through all GNC's. Just a note to all: if you're not eating enough fruits and vegetables to get in your RDA's you SHOULD at the very least supplement with a multivitamin.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork loin and corn for dinner. Well at least I got the free agents I was shooting for. I'll have to start winning here soon or I'll be stuck like last year trying to pull it off just to make the playoffs again.

• nossmf

Food: Last night was homemade spicy honey boneless chicken wings with baked fries

Fantasy Football: I also got the two free agents I put in bids for, starting one of them right away. Site says I should be heavily favored...pray for me, that's never a good sign! lol