"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! TKO this morning then my workout and later 2 clients. Last day of school so my DD will be going with me often to the gym again. She likes 2 a days and I even have her signed up for swimming each day. She'll be staying at a friends for a slumber party so the DW and I have a date night tonight.

Cardio:Arc Trainer- level 100 12 min Tabata protocol (150 calories)

Strength:chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 5x5

Assessment: A little high on sodium, but looking to try to get under 180 by tomorrow.
  • spartacus69
    spartacus69 Posts: 235
    Options
    Missed two days because of work, but kept food mostly in line.

Thursday: Legs & Shoulders, same routine and weights as last time:

10 min bike cardio warmup

2 sets kettlebell swings - 25 lbs x15.

5 rounds crossfit bear complex, to 85 lbs, failed again at 5 reps in the last round.

3 supersets of squats (last set 175x5) and upright barbell rows (10x85.)

2 supersets stiff-leg deadlifts and dumbbell shoulder flyes.

Nonstop self-inflicted torture:
    20 sumo deadlifts x 105
    20 bodyweight squats
    20 forward bw lunges
    20 reverse bw lunges

Food: very good today.

Feeling some possible tendonitis in the left elbow/forearm area. Need to find my old tennis elbow brace ...

Woman at work asked if I've been losing weight. No, not much weight - but maybe some fat!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Dang, kickin' workout, spartacus!

Thursday: Strength Training

Upper body:

Push ups: 5x5
    Diamond pushups: 5x5
    Bicep curls: 5x5x20lb
    Triceps dips 5x8.
    Abs/back: 3x20 scissor kicks, 3x10 abdominal raises, 1x30sec plank.
    Shoulders: 5x5x15lb lateral raise, 5x8x20lb shoulder fly

Food: a little over, but not worried.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Nice workouts you two!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! Stats first:
    Start-182.6
    Today-182.6

No change probably due to eating Thai food last night with some friends. I do feel that had I not had Thai last night I would be down at least a pound, but I guess I'll have wait till next week to see.
    With my DD out of school I'll have to make adjustments to my schedule because I can't have her in childcare at the gym more than 2 hours at a time. I can bring her in more than 2 times, but there has to be at least an hour in between each shift. Since most of my clients are at night anyway, it shouldn't be too tough.
    No clients today, but I do have TKO tonight.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (600 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 5x5

Assessment: I'll have to keep my calories down all day today to make up for yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! K-box this morning and 2 clients. Later will go to the pool and watch DD swim before lessons on Monday. Also will wash the car today.

Cardio: kickboxing- 60 min (500 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: I'm down over a pound from last week.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Down 2 pounds on the week! Didn't do much different really - increased protein target slightly, and switched two weeks ago to high rep/lower weight endurance lifting for a couple of my routines. Not complaining though! Currently at my lowest weight since joining MFP; same level I hit back in early May. Now I need to break through the barrier!

Lazy Friday: abs (hanging leg raises, 14x5 sets), bench press 5x5 (working sets at 205 lbs), and pull-ups, first two sets 7x unassisted, then assisted for three more sets at 10 reps each.

Cardio Saturday: kickboxing 60 minutes, then tabata/HIIT on the spin bike. The tabata did me in!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Congrats on the weight drop, spartacus!

Saturday: Softball tournament. Got our butts kicked, but had fun. Even played with a friend i haven't seen in 10 years.

3 games. 2 as catcher and 1 in the outfield. subbed a lot, so didn't feel like that hard of a workout. More softball tomorrow!

Food: A little under.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Thanks Brandi! I'm sure it will fluctuate, but nice to see it heading in the right direction.

Moved my Legs & Shoulders routine to the weekend, as it's my longest workout (about an hour and twenty minutes including warmup and cooldown.) Plus I wanted slightly more rest time between rounds of the crossfit bear complex, and this way I'm not rushed before work or too tired in the weekday evenings.

10 min cycling warmup

2 sets kettlebell swings - 25 lbs x15.

5 rounds crossfit bear complex, increased weight by 5lbs per round; final at 90 lbs.

3 supersets of squats (last set 180x5 - also an increase) and upright barbell rows (10x85.)

2 supersets stiff-leg deadlifts (105#) and dumbbell shoulder flyes (30s).

And topped it off with the jello maker:
    20 sumo deadlifts x 105
    20 bodyweight squats
    20 forward bw lunges
    20 reverse bw lunges

Tore the heck out of my shins doing the power clean part of the bear complex. I had scraped them last week during deadlifts, but really banged them good this time. Bloody mess.

Food: total calories in line; macros way off.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Spartacus: Hope your shins heal up fast. That sounds painful.

Sunday: Softball! End of the spring season for the league. Two games as catcher. I had some nice hits, but really screwed up a couple of plays at home. Ah well. Was a fun season for me.

Food: big time under. Wasn't hungry outside in the heat. No worries.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Down 2 pounds on the week! Didn't do much different really - increased protein target slightly, and switched two weeks ago to high rep/lower weight endurance lifting for a couple of my routines. Not complaining though! Currently at my lowest weight since joining MFP; same level I hit back in early May. Now I need to break through the barrier!

Lazy Friday: abs (hanging leg raises, 14x5 sets), bench press 5x5 (working sets at 205 lbs), and pull-ups, first two sets 7x unassisted, then assisted for three more sets at 10 reps each.

Cardio Saturday: kickboxing 60 minutes, then tabata/HIIT on the spin bike. The tabata did me in!
    Yea for the loss!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Spartacus: Hope your shins heal up fast. That sounds painful.

Sunday: Softball! End of the spring season for the league. Two games as catcher. I had some nice hits, but really screwed up a couple of plays at home. Ah well. Was a fun season for me.

Food: big time under. Wasn't hungry outside in the heat. No worries.
    As long as it's fun. If not, then it ain't worth playin' anymore.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! No clients this morning and just one tonight then TKO. My DD starts swim lessons today so she'll be happy for that. Then later on we go shopping for groceries.
    Got about a month now till we leave for Disney Cruise so trimming down a little more so that I won't be too heavy when I get back!!!

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (560 calories)

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, leg extensions. 5x5

Assessment: Ate out every meal yesterday and saw Madagascar 3.
  • spartacus69
    Options
    Monday -

Abs - 80 hanging leg raises spread over 5 sets. Seemed tougher than usual today.

Cardio - 30 minutes spinning (intervals.)

Burned ~250 to 300 cals total.

For kicks, I tried doing snatches too. I think I need a coach - no matter how many videos I watch, once I grab the bar the technical aspects of the lift just fly out the window. Oh well. I think I'll stick with power cleans and push presses; much easier!

Food: too many carbs, but overall calories in line.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Monday: Rest day

Stats: big weight drop, clearly temporary, but nice to see the scale so low. Weighed 164.4 this morning. Not logging it at MFP yet because I don't think it'll hold up. If it does hold up, it will get recorded.

Food: on target.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Monday -

Abs - 80 hanging leg raises spread over 5 sets. Seemed tougher than usual today.

Cardio - 30 minutes spinning (intervals.)

Burned ~250 to 300 cals total.

For kicks, I tried doing snatches too. I think I need a coach - no matter how many videos I watch, once I grab the bar the technical aspects of the lift just fly out the window. Oh well. I think I'll stick with power cleans and push presses; much easier!

Food: too many carbs, but overall calories in line.
    Snatches are tough. I personally don't like to do them because of the high rate of shoulder injuries from them. Learn it with just the bar till you have it down pat.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Monday: Rest day

Stats: big weight drop, clearly temporary, but nice to see the scale so low. Weighed 164.4 this morning. Not logging it at MFP yet because I don't think it'll hold up. If it does hold up, it will get recorded.

Food: on target.
    Like the new avatar!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Tuesday! TKO this morning and 2 clients tonight. Started the new sessions for 4 weeks this week and it was a blast yesterday! DD started swimming yesterday and did really good, so now she's ready to keep going.

Cardio:Tabata protocol Arc Trainer- 12 minutes (4 minute warm up, Tabata, 4 minute cool down) 236 calories.

Strength:hamstrings and shoulders- seated leg curl, lying leg curl, shoulder press, side lateral, reverse flyes. 5x5

Assessment: Lowest weight of the year so far. Looking to beat that this Friday.
  • spartacus69
    Options

Snatches are tough. I personally don't like to do them because of the high rate of shoulder injuries from them. Learn it with just the bar till you have it down pat.

LOL, I should probably use a broomstick ... I can see how the shoulders are at risk if form is bad. Congrats again on the weight loss!

Tuesday: strength - Chest & Back circuit (modified P90X); increased flat and incline bench weight slightly. Completed all my target pull-up reps!

Food: cals in line, macros off again. Also too much sodium today.

P.S. Yes Brandi, nice new avi!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Thanks you two, on the avatar! From Sunday's softball games. Amazes me how much smaller I am.

Congrats on the weight drop, niner! Looking good.

Tuesday: switching up the exercise routine this week. Feeling like some cardio and a mini-break from strength-training.

Cardio: Light jog for 30 minutes.

Food: under.

Assessment: Weight at 165.2 this morning. So, some of the "loss" is holding. Also, still getting over salmonella poisoning from 2 weeks ago (thanks for the not-so-quick food recall, Kroger). Appetite is still off.