Team WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - September forum 1

Options

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    let's do it! I'm wayyyy messed up from this week. today i got 2 points (would have 3 if I"d eaten more... but still have 808 cals left) still getting better... tomorrow, new day. ugh and meatless monday?! really :)

did shrimp have a face??????

on the plus side b/w being sick and cutting out sugar I did manage to lose 6 lbs this week :) wahoo!

Hope, you make me smile!
    "Do shrimp have faces?" I vote NO....lol
    Congrats on your weight loss!! Just do it a healthier way from not on, ok? No more illnesses!

Meatless Mondays actually have been good days for me. I originally thought they'd be harder but it makes me plan ahead and it easier to stay in calorie range. I also like how I feel if I graze all day.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    good morning all,

weigh in : 176...lost 2lbs YAY!!,,,boy its hard for the pounds to come off....

@hope feel better
    @beth im with you ...we can do it...lets go

have a good day all
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
    Week 4 BUSHMEN Series
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week!  If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches.  You hate me now but you'll love me come October!
  • Pam3
    Options
    WEEK FOUR - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/19 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly
    9/20 - No Gluten
    9/21 - 140 oz water (you can do it! - spread it our evenly over the whole day)
    9/22 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/23 - No processed sugar
    9/24 - Protein with every meal
    9/25- No alcohol
  • hopebuck
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/20 - No Gluten
    9/25- No alcohol

loving this start to a new week! the no gluten day is very hard for me, but i'm IN this thing!!!!!
  • OSUalum
    Options
    Hey everyone...
    Here is a really cool site: http://pcrm.org/kickstarthome/

Although I don't plan to go vegan, this site has great recipes and menu planners. Its really helped me out on out Meatless Mondays.
    Every so often they do a 21 day challenge. Would be a good thing to try some day. I have only gone 4 full days of vegan in a row so far. Then I crave meat!! Not sure if its physiological or psychological.
  • Pam3
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/20 - COMPLETED daiy, weekly, monthlyl
    9/25- No alcohol
  • hopebuck
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/20 - DIDN't COMPLETE daily, yes to weekly and monthly
    9/25- No alcohol
  • hopebuck
    Options
    Hey everyone...
    Here is a really cool site: http://pcrm.org/kickstarthome/

Although I don't plan to go vegan, this site has great recipes and menu planners. Its really helped me out on out Meatless Mondays.
    Every so often they do a 21 day challenge. Would be a good thing to try some day. I have only gone 4 full days of vegan in a row so far. Then I crave meat!! Not sure if its physiological or psychological.

I went vegan, sugar/sweetner free, and only drank water for 40 days in Feb/March... it was the BEST I'd ever felt ... EVER!!!!!

thanks for the website... always looking for a challenge. I could do 21 days :)
  • Pam3
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/20 - COMPLETED daiy, weekly, monthly
    9/21 - COMPLETED, daily, weekly, monthly
    9/25- No alcohol
  • OSUalum
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:

9/19 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/20 - COMPLETED weekly, monthly challenges
    9/21 - COMPLETED daily, weekly, monthly challenges
    9/22 -
    9/25- No alcohol
  • OSUalum
    Options
    I went vegan, sugar/sweetner free, and only drank water for 40 days in Feb/March... it was the BEST I'd ever felt ... EVER!!!!!

thanks for the website... always looking for a challenge. I could do 21 days :)
    [/quote]

Wow Hope, you did? How cool!
    Hmmmmm... maybe we could get together a team for a 21 day Vegan challenge. We could follow when that other site does theirs.
    I know I'd feel better...but it sounds soooo difficult. Vegetarian is difficult enough!
    The social aspect is what kills be now. Not sure what I'd do out with friends. But baby steps... it would be good to try.
  • OSUalum
    Options
    good morning all,

weigh in : 176...lost 2lbs YAY!!,,,boy its hard for the pounds to come off....

@hope feel better
    @beth im with you ...we can do it...lets go

have a good day all

Yay! CONGRATULATIONS Pam!!! Great loss!
    Yep, seems so much easier to put them on than take them off!
    You're doing great!
  • OSUalum
    Options
    I hope this isn't considered cheating, but Monday's challenge wasn't posted until after I went to work and had already packed my lunches. I had two servings of fish and nailed everything else for the day, so I gave myself a three. Can we assume that Mondays will always be meatless at this point?

Yep...Lets assume Meatless Monday as we finish out this challenge.
    The days could stay the same actually...my only suggestion is for water day.... No additional ounces, but try to not drink other beverages at all. Really 8-10 full glasses is a good regular amount. More in hot weather and with exercise.
    Having water only is going to be very difficult for us coffee and tea drinkers . But it might be a big wake up call as to how dependent we are on caffeine.
    Who's with me???
    :)
  • Pam3
    Options
    I hope this isn't considered cheating, but Monday's challenge wasn't posted until after I went to work and had already packed my lunches. I had two servings of fish and nailed everything else for the day, so I gave myself a three. Can we assume that Mondays will always be meatless at this point?

Yep...Lets assume Meatless Monday as we finish out this challenge.
    The days could stay the same actually...my only suggestion is for water day.... No additional ounces, but try to not drink other beverages at all. Really 8-10 full glasses is a good regular amount. More in hot weather and with exercise.
    Having water only is going to be very difficult for us coffee and tea drinkers . But it might be a big wake up call as to how dependent we are on caffeine.
    Who's with me???
    :)

im with you, yesterday the 140 i thought was going to kill me,WOW!!but yes water only is a big wake up call,,,i only have water and i feel lighter since upping my water.....good day all:flowerforyou:
  • hopebuck
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/20 - DIDN't COMPLETE daily, yes to weekly and monthly
    9/21 - BADDDD day! zero points.
    9/25- No alcohol
  • Pam3
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/22 - daily NOT meet, COMPLETED weekly, monthly
    9/25- No alcohol
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    Sorry everyone, but I have to go MIA for a few days off of MFP. Grad school applications, GRE studying, and just overall stress will leave me with little time to log cals on MFP. I'll be looking at the challenges for the rest of the month and try my best to do each day's challenge and stick to my weekly/monthly.

It's just too much for me to handle at the moment to log everything that goes in my mouth.

I'm literally taking every minute of my day towards these applications.

Starting October 1, i'll be back, and I hope that we can continue doing this for all those that want to keep the challenge going. We can just repeat what we've done in Sept.

I'll check in every now and then on the Google docs spreadsheet and give myself the points I know I deserve, although I can't take credit for the dailies since I don't know my cals, I'll try to do the daily challenges anyways.

Talk soon everyone!
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011
    Week 4 BUSHMEN Series
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 4 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week FOUR Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 3 minute bearwalk, 100 Toe Touches, 100 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 40 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 30 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 4 we’re are stepping it up to another level!Raise those spears!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Four Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week.(3.1 miles) Each team member needs to do an additional 400 crunches for this week!  If you have a full team of 10 people that is an additional 4000 crunches.  You hate me now but you'll love me come October!

He He Darlin! I thing you have your challenges messed up.. is your head spinning?
  • Pam3
    Options

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/22 - daily NOT meet, COMPLETED weekly, monthly
    9/23 - daily NOT meet, weekly MEET, monthly NOT MEET
    9/25- No alcohol