Team WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - September forum 1

Options

Replies

• rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    Conundrum: 100% natural foods only but I start the day with some mess I gave to take as a consequence of my weight and some supplements prescribed by my doctor. Definitely not natural. All meds, etc do NOT count against you. TAKE YOUR MEDS! But then lets live an all natural life day - a day like our ancestors ate before "food science" and "engineered foods" became a way of life! When in doubt, eat a fruit or vegetable!

Go WOMR!!!!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    zero points Wednesday :(

today will be better:flowerforyou:
  • hopebuck
    Options
    THANKYOU everyone for your support!!!!! .... and now on to TODAY!

Ok,I'm BACK. NO more crap and NO more excuses. I'm also embarking on a sugar free (sweetener free) fruit free journey til the end of the year. I intend on feeling better ALL the way around. Sugar just wreaks HAVOC on my body and I'm READY ..mentally... to get rid of it and FINALLY feel better. Here I go. :)

I'm quite excited about this ... KNOWING that it will be sooo sooo hard, but not impossible. :)

I won't be doing "all natural" day...just can't do it all. I will have my canned chicken breast from costco and my organic hummus, but they are both "processed" in some way. So, I will miss out on that point, however.... here I go. I"m very excited. :)

Happy Thursday!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    GO WOMR!! Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Today won't be so bad for me...I cut up a bunch of vegetables and they are now roasting at in the oven with olive oil, garlic powder and some natural pink salt. Lunch was avocado salad.

I LOVE EATING ALL NATURAL! So good for you!

Hopebuck: Why does sugar mess up your body? It's not so bad, it fuels your vital organs when your body cannot convert food down to glucose fast enough. Well it's up to you, but some is okay like agave nectar. It's low glycemic.
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/12 Completed Daily, Weekly, and Monthly challenges
    9/13 COM[LETED daily, weekly and monthly challenges
    9/14 daily meet, weekly NOT meet, monthly meet
    9/15 ZERO POINTS
    9/16
    9/17
    9/18

ran out of fruit... and went over my calories...not a good day...and my workout was a light one....here's to tomorrow:drinker:
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    9/13 Completed Daily
    9/14 Completed Daily
    9/15 Completed...........Weekly, and Monthly challenges
    9/16
    9/17
    9/18

Incredible. On most days I eat whole foods. The one day its a team challenge I blow it.
    I also gave in to my favorite food in the world...brie cheese! I only had a little bit, so I'm still kind of proud of myself.
    Water fine... no refined sugars....
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    I did better today. MUCH better!

Ughh...now i gotta balance the meals out better, drink more water, and have more protein at every meal.
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    No processed sugar or coffee?! But I already MADE the coffee.

Hey everyone! Make it a great day. Ya'll are doing so wonderful. Are we going to keep this going next month? I think we should.
  • Pam3
    Options

Hey everyone! Make it a great day. Ya'll are doing so wonderful. Are we going to keep this going next month? I think we should.

would love it to continue next month
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/15 ZERO POINTS
    9/16 daily NOT meet, weekly meet, monthly NOT meet
    9/17
    9/18
  • hopebuck
    Options
    WEEK THREE - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/12 - Meatless Monday (nothing with a face) -- YEAH!! I did it! (not that it was hard, except i was un prepared b/c I didn't know the challenge before I went to work this morning!

9/13 - No Gluten or dairy -- did not do this one.
    9/14 - 130 oz water --- or this one :(
    9/15 - No processed food of any kind and only foods still in natural state (steak is ok, burger is not unless you ground it yourself) -nope
    9/16 - No processed sugar or flour --since i ate NOTHING, I DID this one :)
    9/17 - Protein with every meal
    9/18- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 7 of the following challenges:

No alcohol - mon - tues
    No fast food - mon - tues
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day - mono - tues
    Minimum 2 fruit per day - mon
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep - mon tues
    No gluten -
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed - mon tues
    7 hours of sleep - mon --tues
    A veggie and fruit only day

9/12 - 3 points!!! wahooo!
    9/13 - 0
    9/14 - 0
    9/15 - 0
    9/16 - 3 points
    9/17 -- hoping for 3 points
  • BeilaLin
    Options

we could and just repeat what we did this month.
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/15 ZERO POINTS
    9/17 ZERO POINTS(having a rough day...have over eaten almost to my calories limit and there's still dinner)
    9/18
  • OSUalum
    Options
    9/13 Completed Daily
    9/14 Completed Daily
    9/15 Completed...........Weekly, and Monthly challenges
    9/16 Completed daily..and monthly
    9/17 Completed daily
    9/18

This challenge has been a real eye opener for me! I did a monthly exercise challenge with not problem. This has really taught me a lot about my eating habits!
    I still struggle with trying to get a fruit in daily and eating out. Social situations are so difficult for me!
    Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support! The accountability does help me to stay on track...as much as I am. I would be a total wreck without you!

Beth
  • Pam3
    Options

This challenge has been a real eye opener for me! I did a monthly exercise challenge with not problem. This has really taught me a lot about my eating habits!
    I still struggle with trying to get a fruit in daily and eating out. Social situations are so difficult for me!
    Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and support! The accountability does help me to stay on track...as much as I am. I would be a total wreck without you!

Beth

beth this has been a learning experience for me as well...i also have no problems with exercising, but the food was not my friend...this challenge has helped my greatly...keep up the good work
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    WEEK FOUR - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/19 - Meatless Monday (nothing that ever had a face)
    9/20 - No Gluten
    9/21 - 140 oz water (you can do it! - spread it our evenly over the whole day)
    9/22 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/23 - No processed sugar
    9/24 - Protein with every meal
    9/25- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 8 of the following challenges:

No alcohol
    No fast food
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day
    Minimum 2 fruit per day
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep
    No gluten
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed
    7 hours of sleep
    Nothing but fruits and vegitables for the day
    Drink 100 oz of water
    Burn 500 calories during excercize

MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
    Live within your food plan!

Remember: You be within 100 calories of your calorie limit as established by your food plan or MFP (your choice).

We are getting to crunch time! Many of you have not been able to keep up but pick it up again and start fresh tomorrow. IT IS NOT ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES WE FALL; IT IS ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES WE GET BACK UP!!! We are all learning a great deal about how all these different daily challenges affect us. I am amazed at how drinking water makes me feel so much better, feel less hungry and even makes my shin more pliable. And the no gluten days - amazing how much better I feel. KEEP PUSHING YOURSELF!! Don't let your old familiar excuses win. Tomorrow is a brand new day full of a promise of any life we want. LETS GO GET IT!!!!

WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - LET DO THIS!!!!
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/15 ZERO POINTS
    9/17 ZERO POINTS(having a rough day...have over eaten almost to my calories limit and there's still dinner)
    9/18 COMPLTED daily weekly, and monthly....

ready for next week...lets go!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    Ready for WEEK 4 men and women of WOMR!?

LET'S DOOO EET!

It's getting easier no?

I had a few bad days last week, but learned from it.
  • hopebuck
    Options
    let's do it! I'm wayyyy messed up from this week. today i got 2 points (would have 3 if I"d eaten more... but still have 808 cals left) still getting better... tomorrow, new day. ugh and meatless monday?! really :)

did shrimp have a face??????

on the plus side b/w being sick and cutting out sugar I did manage to lose 6 lbs this week :) wahoo!
  • OSUalum
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Happy Monday!
    It must be the passive-aggressiveness in me, I ate better before the challenge! But I am determined to get myself in gear and end this challenge strong!
    New day, new week, new start!
    I am going for a perfect score this week! Join me!!

(whew...cheerleading take a lot out of ya)

Beth