Senior Golden Sneakers............September

Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    I have just receive the group standings for the challenge at work. Out of 28 groups we are # 23. :ohwell: Three of us have lost more that 5 pound each and the fourth one has gained one. Going to continue. And, I need to stop by the 1st aid office to get my individual standing.

Well Becky, it got you motivated, and thats what really counts, that and the prizes, lol!
    We are all proud of you, you have made a big effort, and remember how good you felt the other day?? ATTA Girl!!

Barbie, you are so funny, you conjure up hilarious images of the dogs on the bed, just like when kids bounce on the bed!!

Buzz, oh my, after you posted your recipe for mouskas, or however it was spelled, I listened to an audiobook and the setting was in Sarasota FL... The guys went out for pizza and they had a Mouskas pizza with eggplant, etc.. mmmmm it sounded so good!!

Maddie, I guess I like just about every kind of music except maybe opera, and thats coz I don't know what they're sayin'.. well, I don't know what a lot of songs are sayin', oh well. I guess little Nate is growing fast, does he still wear you out but in a good way?

Gayla, so glad to hear from you, and glad that Neil is doing well. Are you ready for cold temps.. they should be there by now I think.

We have a huge crack in our cooktop. I went to several stores today, checking out new stoves. Pretty good prices available, if I ever find out if the part is available or not, then I can decide whether to repair or replace it. It is so easy to buy a new one, coz, everyone wants to give you free delivery, 12 or 18 months no interest, free haul away the old stove.. so easy to go that route. The salesman at Best Buy, who told me they do not work on commission was just about begging me to apply for a credit card. I said I would rather wait til I decide.. but he didn't give up. Neither did I. and I left without a stove.

Marie, I hope you and Alice get to visit that restaurant, and that you enjoy yourself.. have fun and I hope it is cooling down a bit for you. The kitties are great. I took little Tina to be spayed today. She doesnt feel too frisky tonight. That's a good thing coz she was being bossy this morning, growling and slapping her sisters. She had pain medicine, and I'll try to wake up to give her the next dose, so she won't want to get up and move around too much. We had all of the kitties in the house this evening.. they had fun. They played and ran around, but in the end, three went back outside, and two stayed in, along with our two adult cats. The three went out on their own decision, I didn't want them to go. Shad (short for shadow) is the sweetest of the bunch, he slept on my lap this evening before dinner.. neither one of us wanted to get up. He also finds me on the bed and bites my toes.

I'm ready for bedtime.. tomorrow we begin our new food plan.. I will try to maintain my mfp diary.

good night!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Chris, I think I would be more motivated to can if I grew my own vegetables but going out and buying them and then canning them doesn't have the same appeal but maybe my thinking will be different next year. The last two years i got eight huge boxes of apples from a friend and made applesauce out of almost all of them and froze it in my canning jars.:bigsmile: I've learned Tush Push but would need a reminder before I could dance it again Most dances take me several sessions to learn.

:bigsmile: Phoebe, I am loving your stories about the kittens and have to remind myself that we can't have another pet where we live so it doesn't matter how cute the kittens are, we can't get one:laugh:

:flowerforyou: Gayla, we are having lovely sunny weather here, too, but the cold winter isn't too far off. Our new furnace and heat pump will be installed on Wednesday and we bought a cord of firewood for our wood stove.:flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: Sandy, Bernie, the cat likes to sleep under the bedspread on the guest bed (the one that was our bed in the other house and the dogs get up on the bed and annoy him and play with each other so the guest bed looks rumpled most of the time.:laugh:

:bigsmile: Becky, I know how hard you've worked on the weight loss competition. Did the other teams have people with a lot more weight to lose so they lost faster ?
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,116 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356986-senior-golden-sneakers-october

Find us in October by clicking on the above link. :bigsmile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    This morning I did my 25 mins. of Strength training, with Annie Lee High Deft Sculpt.
    Trying to get my water in for the day.

Went shopping at our Mall about 35-40 mins. away from us and I couldn't believe how
    the prices have gone up. I just wanted a pair of brown shoes with a low heel for work.
    Except for Payless I couldn't find a pair of shoes under $100.00. Don't forget this is
    Canada and then you add 14% tax on that. Well I did buy a pair of grey boots which go
    about mid calf at Payless for $50.00. Then I got the fragrance I was looking for at the
    Bath & Body Works, Pumpkin Cinnamon, I just love it. I bought the last four bottles in the store.
    It was so hard to find. Then I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte which cost me $4.75.
    It was delicious.

So then I continued to go to one of our Niagara Falls outlet malls and bought my brown shoes.
    They cost me $70.00 and that was a good price. That is why I like to shop across the border
    your prices are so much better.
    Now home again and have ironing to do while I get Dave to do some odd jobs for me around
    the house. It has been a rainy weekend so far and cold temps in the 50's.
    The kind of day you want to stay in your jammies and watch movies or read a book.

Good Times.
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Seniors,

What's happening today? We got up early this morning, drank our hot water with lemon. Then I made us scrambled eggs and 1/4 cup each egg beaters egg whites, added a green tomatoe and slice of canadian bacon with green tea. Yummy,:drinker:

We went to have coffee with friends, we were in the bathroom a lot because of all the water, tea, and coffee.:drinker:

Came home and made vegetable chicken soup, no noodles or potatoes, we also had some plums and green tea. then we took a 17 minute walk and will do another one later and my yoga.:drinker:

I haven't decided on dinner yet, but it will be chicken or fish, and veggies and green tea.:drinker:

tonite we will have yogurt and fruit and water.( about 32 oz). I think we may float away some day.:drinker:

I finished all my canning of plums yesterday, I even made plum jam. I don't make a lot of jars since there is only 2 of us but I love giving it to family and friends too. My son who lives close by is always happy togo home with jars full of fruit and veggies.

tomorrow I am going to meet up with a friend of mine, we have not had a visit for a very long time, it's time to catch up on things with the family. We are meeting for lunch a Cracker Barrel restraunt.

My friends have a wonderfull day.
    Chris
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sort of surprised that there has not been a new thread started for the month of October. Actually, I am glad, as I don't have to go looking for it.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Becky come on over to Oct

Just click here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356986-senior-golden-sneakers-october
    see you there.
  • marlouise
    marlouise Posts: 286
    Options
    Good morning ladies. Finished my first rotation of 12 days and 15 shifts. Not bad either, much better than what I used to feel at the end of the rotation. Slipped up a few times eating the sweets, but discipline jumped in to keep the flow true. Thought I was catching a cold yesterday, my head felt like a basketball, snuffy, sneezy and just eye-crossing pressure in the neck to head. Lifted by noon and then overnight it seems to have left. Not sure what the scales will say tomorrow but I'm hoping it is good news.

Autumn is in full swing and heading for Fall, frost has graced the lawns on a couple of occasions. I feel energized by the splender of colour and fresh cool air. Wish it could be a year long thing.

Hope all is well here, just remember when things get crazy to close your eyes and take a deep slow breath, capture the concentration of job at hand and focus on getting through the day. Treat yourself to a healthy snack, power bar, or a shake, for being dedicated to yourself.

Marilyn