Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Think I'll have some vodka sodas tonight. A habit I'll never kick is soda, I don't have it regularly but I love it. It fills me up, I like the flavor and love the fizz. Found all natural soda at Whole Foods, I know that doesn't mean it's good for me but it makes me feel a little better about drinking it haha. Or since I have a good amount of calories left, I may use a grapefruit izzy for the mixer, we'll see!
  • meredithashton
    meredithashton Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ohh wow it is so nice to find fellow indulgers! Honestly, I think alcohol is my #1 diet sabotage. I am young (23) and love to go out. I try to do vodka and club soda with lime (they are my favorite), but I drink them so fast I am usually the first one feeling tipsy! When I go out and want to drink and spend time with everyone I need to drink beer because I can drink that relatively slow and then oops there goes my diet! Especially since I love the lagers.... And then I get home and eat a half a package of my stashed 'PMS' Oreos and wake up the next morning hating myself. Lol Atleast I can come on here and whine about it. I havent been out in a while because I hate that feeling! Just wanted to commiserate. =)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Or since I have a good amount of calories left, I may use a grapefruit izzy for the mixer, we'll see!

love, love, love the Izzy Pomegranite...let me know how the grapefruit is...I've seen the grapefruit vodka as well
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Or since I have a good amount of calories left, I may use a grapefruit izzy for the mixer, we'll see!

love, love, love the Izzy Pomegranite...let me know how the grapefruit is...I've seen the grapefruit vodka as well

I love grapefruit, simply grapefruit juice is the best, tastes exactly as it does when you wheeze the actual fruit for juice. When I was first introduced to grapefruit izzy when I worked at Starbucks, I fell in love. I can't imagine it would be bad with vodka but I'll definitely let everyone know, :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    still on a roll. no drinks on the plane, and no drinks when I went out to dinner. i am so impressed with myself:blushing: so this week starts with
    Monday -0

Sober September is working for me.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    still on a roll. no drinks on the plane, and no drinks when I went out to dinner. i am so impressed with myself:blushing: so this week starts with
    Monday -0

Sober September is working for me.

Thanks, Kat...I'd appreciate the feedback

Rock it, Robin, Rock it...

For our weekend 3 bottles of pom vodka, 2 bottles of Jack and a 12 pack of Coronas...thus far :blushing:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Yay Robin!

Sunday--0
    Monday--0

I just needed to get in a comp!

I love Izzys! They started here Colorado...so good!

Meredith, commiserate away!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Yay Robin!

Sunday--0
    Monday--0

I just needed to get in a comp!

I love Izzys! They started here Colorado...so good!

Meredith, commiserate away!

My aunt and uncle live in Colorado! I've only been there once and I was really little so the only parts I remember are my ears bothering me on the plane, it being pretty hot, shrimp cocktail and my uncle introducing me to Dr. Pepper, which I love.

The grapefruit izzy and vodka is scrumptious, especially when you have some good vodka and therefore can't taste it. Of course that can be a dangerous thing too haha.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Love grapefruit izzy! :love: I bet it is great with vodka.

Congrats Robin...you are doing awesome :smile:

Monday - 2 glasses of white wine.
  • nisijam5
    Options

The grapefruit izzy and vodka is scrumptious, especially when you have some good vodka and therefore can't taste it. Of course that can be a dangerous thing too haha.

Very dangerous...if you want to save some calories, mix the izzy with sparking water :love:
  • juggalojester72
    Options
    sometimes I wish I wasnt so poor (but such is the life of a student/artist lol) I would like to be drinkin vodka or some rum and I know it's better for me. but here I sit with a 40 of 211. however I did good enough with my callories today that after this beer I still have 588 to use lol lets just hope I can keep myself from the store after this ones gone!

Great job to everyone on the small steps twords being dry/er! lol
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Izzy... I thought you guys were talking about the Pizza place for while. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for it.

I've got 9 days of no drinks right now! I almost broke down a couple times this weekend but managed to stay sober:bigsmile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Kasi, Izze (I forgot it was spelled with an E) is fruit juice with sparkling water. So yummy!
    http://www.izze.com/

So, I was tempted last night...hubs and the neighbor did a few "Monday Night FB" shots, but I didn't have any...2 days in a row!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    TOM, nuff said. I can't complain though because the only thing that happens to me is I get super tired no matter how much sleep or iron I get and I lose my appetite. It's usually a good week for me to lose some water and a couple real pounds. Boyfriend gets back tonight so I don't think there are any drinks happening but who knows, he may want a Johnny Walker after meetings and traveling all day and if that's the case I'll have a glass of wine or two.

Still going to get a bike ride in to reach my 500 calorie burn a day goal and get what little laundry there is done so I can stay ahead of it.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've been boozing it up, I tell ya. Wow looking back at the last week its true!
    Wed - 1 bottle red wine
    Thu - 1 bottle white wine + 2 Rangpur/Diet Tonic
    Fri - 1 bottle red wine
    Sat - 1 bottle red wine
    Sun - 1 bottle IPA beer + 1/2 bottle red wine + 1 Rangpur/Diet Tonic
    Mon - 1 bottle Pinot Noir (the good stuff) + 2 Coronas.

OK, I need an intervention people.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    *Sending over Dr. Drew to solpwr*

Hang in there, you may find the more you post about it or log it the easier it is to abstain. I tend to exercise for booze LOL!
  • nisijam5
    Options

OK, I need an intervention people.

I don't think this is the thread for that!! :wink:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Totally forgot that my shows start again tonight! 90210 at 8 and a new one, Ringer, at 9. This along with the fact that it's almost 7 and I've got 740 calories left for the day and that does not count the 510 I just "earned" from my bike ride. Boyfriend isn't a huge fan of watching my shows with me but he does so we spend time together. However, he's still in the process of flying home and won't land until about 9:30 so he escapes the shows tonight haha. Think I'll stick with red wine tonight since there's no more vodka :ohwell:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    :drinker: to Solpwr!! Aren't you on maintenance or close to your goal weight already?

I'm like wolf and tend to exercise so I can drink whenever/however much I want. But I'm back on my "strict" plan since i have a vacay coming up and want to drop some more lbs before then.
    I'll join you on the red wine though once the weather gets cooler here. :wink:
  • loriyak
    loriyak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    OMG how happy I am to find others who just can't say no to alcohol!!! :drinker:

Most days we have a bottle of wine with our dinner...red wine being my favorite. I really try to limit myself but you know, I REALLY like the way it tastes - I look forward to sitting down and unwinding from whatever wound me up that day - and enjoying a glass of wine while I do it.

I realize that most diet plans don't advocate drinking...and that my drinking does slow down the weight loss process, but I feel that if I cut the wine completely I won't be a happy girl.... so I say, drink on and enjoy!!