Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• Historychick
    Options
    Now, this is group I need! I love my wine!!! But I totally acknowledge that if I drink it, I also usually end up snacking and that is packing in the calories. I have already cut back and it has made a huge difference.

BUT....the in-laws come in on Tuesday. It will be very hard not to stress eat or stress drink too much. I refuse to allow their visit to knock me off track!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    welcome historychick
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 9 drinks, marathon day...1/2 bottle of wine, 4 vodka drinks, 2 margs..it's embarrassing to post this...comp starts tomorrow and their will be zeros, I swear.
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 2 glasses of wine and 3 vodkas soda...Hubs was away so I watch a movie while doing some deep cleaning
    Saturday, worked overnight...so, that earns me a BIG FAT ZERO

Goal: >12

Total: 19
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Saturday night - 1 vodka and Fresca...it tasted gross, but I drank it anyway. Why do I do that :huh: ?
  • rjadams
    Options
    Tuesday thru Sunday with a big ol' ZERO!!! Yep I am really on track. (Thank you Kim, your comp was exactly what I needed) I feel really good eating clean. Food tastes great and I feel happy. Now when I get the exersize in there I will be unstoppable.:bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Spending this September 11th with the fur babies watching all the coverage from 10 years ago. I was in my high school cafeteria watching it all unfold. Boyfriend is traveling today & it feels a bit more stressful given the date. I have to also admit that the sounds of planes flying overhead today is an eerie sound today. One good thing about the stress of waiting for the word the boyfriend has landed safely is a good deal of cleaning has gotten done. Got some new pumpkin beer last night, might have wine tonight but who knows. Back to tracking calories for a bit to lose some lbs, mapped it out and I should be able to lose what I want by around Halloween or be close at least.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 9 drinks, marathon day...1/2 bottle of wine, 4 vodka drinks, 2 margs..it's embarrassing to post this...comp starts tomorrow and their will be zeros, I swear.
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 2 glasses of wine and 3 vodkas soda...Hubs was away so I watch a movie while doing some deep cleaning
    Saturday, worked overnight...so, that earns me a BIG FAT ZERO
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Goal: >12
    Total: 19

Didn't make goal; but, overall not bad (for me, anyway)

Robin, awesome week for you. Your going to rock the weigh-in
    Kat, that was just a horrible day for all...I think we all feel the same about flying since then
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Saturday night - 1 vodka and Fresca...it tasted gross, but I drank it anyway. Why do I do that :huh: ?
    I love Vodka and fresca..but I usually cut it with some fresh lime or lemon..or even a splash of cranberry or pom.

Ok..now I'm craving one. :)
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oh, my lovely people - finally I have found you!

<========== I've always liked beer but do not restrict myself. I love red wine (Robert Mondavi Merlot is my current fav), Hendrick's Gin, and will drink the rest of it as well.

Trying to keep it in moderation bc of the calories. I was raised by drinkers (not drunks) and I do not have any moral hang ups about consuming alcohol. I don't like to get trashed and I don't drink and drive but I love alcohol.

SO very glad to meet you.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    sarahmary..you look like you're going to fit right in here.
    welcome. :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Welcome SarahMary!
  • juggalojester72
    Options
    OH MY GOD BEEEEERR!!! I love beer! been drinkin 40's of Olde English 800 since 16 (I'm now 29) I was once to the point of 5 or 6 40's a day! WAY TO MUCH!! but those were dark times! I'm now happy to say I may have a drink with dinner once in a while or a 40 once a week. (still just love the cheep buz!) Last night I looked up some beer:
    Fat Tire (another favorite beer): 160 cal. 5.2% abv
    Olde E (40oz): 599 cal 8% abv
    So I can drink 4 Fat Tires 640 cal and still no buz! OR 1 Olde English 599 cal. and a small buz (happy enough to keep my inner lush at bay for another week! lol So I say while we all know it's not good for us, you gotta keep yourself happy and hell maybe lower your standards a bit lol Glad to know i'm not alone!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD BEEEEERR!!! I love beer! been drinkin 40's of Olde English 800 since 16 (I'm now 29) I was once to the point of 5 or 6 40's a day! WAY TO MUCH!! but those were dark times! I'm now happy to say I may have a drink with dinner once in a while or a 40 once a week. (still just love the cheep buz!) Last night I looked up some beer:
    Fat Tire (another favorite beer): 160 cal. 5.2% abv
    Olde E (40oz): 599 cal 8% abv
    So I can drink 4 Fat Tires 640 cal and still no buz! OR 1 Olde English 599 cal. and a small buz (happy enough to keep my inner lush at bay for another week! lol So I say while we all know it's not good for us, you gotta keep yourself happy and hell maybe lower your standards a bit lol Glad to know i'm not alone!

I love beer, I can't even really get a buzz off of it though. I can keep a wine buzz going if I follow it with some good beer but that's it. Unless it's on a completely empty stomach, then I can, such as yesterday I had a tall octoberfest and a 16 oz and with how quickly I drink, I had a small buzz . Wine does it and 2 mixed drinks can get the job done, all depends on how much I've eaten first.

Side note, I've given myself a new goal of no more than 5 drinks, going to try and stick to that even during special occasions and it shouldn't be too hard as a bottle of wine is 5 glasses and I can get a decent buzz off of about 2 glasses depending. Guess we'll see what happens tonight!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-0
    Saturday-1 vodka and crystal light, about 6 much ultras and 2 glass of pinot grigio.......I know Im weak :(

6 days until my wedding!!!! Plan is to not drink until Thursday we are having a girls pamper night of manis and pedis and I'm sure wine will be involved at some point :)
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    wed - 2 bottles of wine
    thurs - 0
    fri - 1 light beer
    sat - 1 bottle of wine.
    sun - 3 beers.

Arghhh no more until after weigh in :explode:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    ChLoe...wine should be involved...GIRLS NIGHT OUT :drinker: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    wed - 2 bottles of wine
    thurs - 0
    fri - 1 light beer
    sat - 1 bottle of wine.
    sun - 3 beers.

HA, HA, your summer is coming!!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Shhhh Kim! Beautiful Queensland weather and BBQ's. :sad:
  • rjadams
    Options
    wed - 2 bottles of wine
    thurs - 0
    fri - 1 light beer
    sat - 1 bottle of wine.
    sun - 3 beers.

I second that motion.:happy:
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Luckily I weighed in this morning with a loss! Enjoying some alone time with Robert (Mondavi that is) while I cook dinner.