Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-zero
    Wednesday-zero
    Thursday-zero

8 days till my wedding!
    I just hope I can make it through this weekend without a drink....but that is the plan!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I just hope I can make it through this weekend without a drink....but that is the plan!

That's a good plan so that you are not gross and bloated feeling....I'm planning an alcohol free weekend, we can do it together!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options

I have a triple baby shower tonight, so I'm sure there will be beer and wine, but with 3 preggos, it will be easy to not drink.

Oh god...I'm going to a baby shower sunday and I am praying there is booze :laugh:

Fortunately, none of the girls that the shower is for are into the girly, "shower-games" stuff. We'll probably hang out, order pizza, and open prezzies.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well I was one of the 6 million people who lost power yesterday. We were told maybe 36 hours with no power but we're back.

I drank my dinner. The neighbors all sat out on the culdesac while the kids all played (no school today)

I'm a little hungover this morning. Some people go into survival mode...I just drink. :ohwell:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    SoCal, I hear you. We missed two days of school last year because of the extreme sub-zero temps...Hubs and I drank hot cocoa, rum, and St. Brendan's all day while the kids played Wii.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

I have a triple baby shower tonight, so I'm sure there will be beer and wine, but with 3 preggos, it will be easy to not drink.

Oh god...I'm going to a baby shower sunday and I am praying there is booze :laugh:

Fortunately, none of the girls that the shower is for are into the girly, "shower-games" stuff. We'll probably hang out, order pizza, and open prezzies.

That sounds good!!! Most times at baby showers I wanna shot myself....I'm a horrible person, I know :laugh:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Well I was one of the 6 million people who lost power yesterday. We were told maybe 36 hours with no power but we're back.

I drank my dinner. The neighbors all sat out on the culdesac while the kids all played (no school today)

I'm a little hungover this morning. Some people go into survival mode...I just drink. :ohwell:

Drinking is survival mode isn't it?
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Last night I broke and had 2 glasses of wine (4 ounce - why bother? lol) and 1 shot of vodka.

I didn't need to drink, but it was kind of a crap day - and it's my husband's birthday weekend, and I have pms and and and and. Yep I'm ultra good at excuses!

Planning on drinking tonight, I'll finish the bottle of wine - 3 glasses and have a few shots. Burnt xtra calories this morning and I'll try to eat healthy today.......
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Cat...sometime a girl has to do what a girl has to do.............SoCal, same for you....

All those baby showers must rock....the ones I go to always have unspiked punch

I just realized that it's open house wine tasting at our wine club tonight :cry:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Its Friday night and I am not going have a drink. Wow. That is weird for me. Where have all the lushes gone?
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Congrats Robin!

Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday -0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 6 oz. flavored rum straight up!
    Saturday - going to a couple of classic car shows...not sure of the drinking situation yet.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Robin, I'm here! 2 beers at the shower.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Last night finished Thursdays bottle of wine. 3 glasses plus 3 shots vodka. Oh my head! Going to get a nice run in hope it helps. Um...yeah, I used to be able to drink 2 bottles in a night....just sayin.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So I was really able to do it last night. I successfully convinced myself not to give in and just have one. I am so amped for staying alcohol free for a whole other week. (probably the best thing since I am traveling on business) I checked out all the hotels I am staying at and they all have fitness centers so instead of going up to my room with a bottle of wine, I will work out for a couple of hours. The good news is that I am officially back under my ticker weight this morning. I will post a loss probably tomorrow. (I creeped up almost 6 pounds but refused to change the ticker:blushing: )

I am really reveling in my food again. Breakfast is so good when I didn't drink too much the night before. I do miss dinner (protein shakes are keeping me on track but my inner gourmet is screaming at me) I will be spending the next couple of months trying to find the right balance between new found love of exersize, moderate drinking and good food. I am such a work in progress.

Don't worry dear lushes, Mama Lush will always be ready and waiting to down another bottle of wine or a bunch of alcohol, I just have to get back on top of it. Much love to you all:flowerforyou:
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Well done Robin.

wed - 2 bottles of wine
    thurs - 0
    fri - 1 light beer
    sat - 1 bottle of wine.

Lushiest week ever due to 2 weekends in a week haha. Have a dry week next week I think. :bigsmile:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good job Robin!

Still same lushiness here. Tequila and diet squirt, 3 to 4 a night. Measured 1.5 oz. each drink.

I went into a cleaning frenzy yesterday, sorting through boxes of my mom's stuff, and going through a couple I had from when I redid the house. Time for a garage sale as I didn't miss any of the stuff I had packed. Anyway, all is reorganized. One good thing is that I found is my old Denise Austin workout DVD AND my Total Gym DVDs. Now.......hmmmm......I can no longer add to my excuses of not exercising that I can't find my DVDs. :sad: I am taking it as a sign from above......to get my *kitten* going!!!

All have a good rest of the weekend! :drinker: Faith, good luck with next week!! :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 9 drinks, marathon day...1/2 bottle of wine, 4 vodka drinks, 2 margs..it's embarrassing to post this...comp starts tomorrow and their will be zeros, I swear.
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 2 glasses of wine and 3 vodkas soda...Hubs was away so I watch a movie while doing some deep cleaning

Goal: >12

Total: 19

I think I am going to get cancelled from work today which could be a bad thing and hubs is back...
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hang tough Kim. You and Ron need to be good!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    WTG Robin!! It feels good to make a plan and stick to it.

I didn't drink last night..but that's cuz I drank enough Thursday to last for days. :frown:
    I need to get some exercise in today. Does watching tennis count? I feeel like I've played all 5 sets with roger.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hang tough Kim. You and Ron need to be good!!!

I am going for a run (ha, ha) this afternoon. It's the first time in a long time.