Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oy! It seems I've been doing my best to stay lushy.

Monday - 1 G&T and 1 japanese beer,
    Tuesday - 2 oktoberfest beers,
    Wednesday - 7 budlights,
    Thursday - dry (thank goodness),
    Friday - 5 budlights,
    Saturday - 1 bottle wht wine and ~5 vodka and diet (I think, I'm having trouble remembering but that's what I logged).

Man that vodka! My husband summed it up perfectly. "I love vodka but it can go from la di da, this is fun to WTH happened last night? really fast"

Hoping for a dry sunday today.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Nice idea for a thread! I seem to stick to the red wine lately, a whole bottle is only around 500 calories so a glass or 3 is ok. Skinny girl margs with stevia on a special occasion and occasional VERY COLD miller light or other light draft on the weekends.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    ZOMG, SarahMary, that's exactly what happened to me on Friday!!

0 Last night.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    When you drink Vodka over ice, it can give you kidney failure,
    When you drink Rum over ice, it can give you liver failure,
    When you drink whiskey over ice, it can give you heart problems,
    When you drink Gin over ice, it can give you brain problems.

Apparently, ice is really bad for you.

Warn all your friends.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Man that vodka! My husband summed it up perfectly. "I love vodka but it can go from la di da, this is fun to WTH happened last night? really fast"

Yep, that's how my dancing to Rick James "Super freak" video came about this weekend...VODKA

I was super lushy and it's basically a bottle of 3 Olives vodka, some "apple pie" made with everclear and maybe 7 beers...I had a great time with my family in a beautiful colonial house on a lake...it was a perfect weekend :love:

Well, let's get a plan going for this week:

Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, ??? drinks, I am sure the urge will hit right about here!!
    Friday, work 3 to 11
    Saturday, work 3 to 11
    Sunday, work 3 to 11

Goal is: < 12
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I'm enjoying an Agave Wheat beer, but I was under on calories...like, I plugged in 200 calories because I *might* of eaten something that I didn't remember, but I really don't think I did. So, there you go. I'm stuck between watching the rest of the Emmys or watching the first episode of Castle. I just got the first season from the library yesterday.

Hey, Kim? Pics or it didn't happen...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so the Sake I was using to make my "asian" pot roast screamed at me to drink the rest of the bottle so I had to listen. I really enjoyed it. then I had a vodka rocks before bed. Now the plan is nothing this week Until maybe some wine on Friday but we will see. The scale is moving and I do like that.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for a good bottle of Hefe-Weizen. Been doing pretty good at keeping it down to 1 or 2 a week. I love the Hungry girl cocktails. Orange Creamsicle is the BEST and I think only around 100 cal.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Yep, that's how my dancing to Rick James "Super freak" video came about this weekend...VODKA

[/quote]

hehehe. I told husband I didn't want to drink vodka in public because it's just too risky. The embarrasment factor is too high.
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    Beer is my issue. I drink Miller 64, but I drank 10 of them on Saturday night along with a few shots of root beer schnapps. I wish I could stay away, but it just feels right after a long day at work. Come home, crack a cold one and watch TV. No wonder I gained 60 pounds! LOL Good luck to everyone here!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    I drank waaay too many magaritas this weekend. All mixed with Cuervo 0 cal mixer or the food lion brand mix packets. I am def staying away from them for a while. But then again, this is Monday and I still am recovering....

I can't wait to get off work cuz this day is draggin' *kitten*! And whoever said those 5hr energy shots work TOLD ME A LIE! lol
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    so the Sake I was using to make my "asian" pot roast screamed at me to drink the rest of the bottle so I had to listen. I really enjoyed it. then I had a vodka rocks before bed. Now the plan is nothing this week Until maybe some wine on Friday but we will see. The scale is moving and I do like that.

That sounds good. Yum!

Sounds like a good plan for the week.

I had 3 glass white wine Friday, 2 glasses red on Saturday, and a Diet Maggie Sunday, and 1 glass white wine late night.

But the good news is I got in a 35 mile bike ride Sunday in 2:10, and I went under 200 pounds on the scale for first time since 2005. Woot!!!!

My plan is to abstain from alcohol today. For one whole day. I haven't done that since June. It's raining. And Monday night football. And I don't have ESPN, so if I can stay out of the pub I'll be golden. Not sure... bad idea... already caving....
  • rjadams
    Options
    congrats on the loss solpwr. stay strong tonight. YOu can do it.

Welcome to the newbs.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    well done solpwr!!

plan on really kicking it this week. the exercising has been great (so glad that hamstring injury I battled seems to be fully healed!)..but I'm going to try to up it even a bit more and try to completely stay away from even the one or 2 glasses of wine I've been indulging in.
    2 weeks til vacay and i've got 3 new bathing suits i wanna be in by then! :glasses:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Wow... I haven't been on this thread for a while!

Kim, Super Freak.... Really??? I wanna see:laugh:

Debbie, Too funny... Guess I should lay off the ice huh!

76Wendy, have you tried blackmakers rootbeer schnapps? It's so much more flavorful then just generic rootbeer schnapps plus it has more alchohal content:wink:

Sarah & Amy, I'm not even allowed to go out by myself anymore due to my ability to go from la ti da to wtf in minutes flat! A few weeks ago I went out to the bar and apparently I seamed pretty mellow for the first couple of hours cause everyone thought I was just drinking water but really it was vodka/soda. They were all a little suprised when they had to pour me into the car by the time we left... *kitten* just sneaks up on me!

Chole, I'm so excited for you and congrats on sticking to you no drink committment! You gotta post pics of you in your dress for us to see. I'm sure with all your hard work lately you look super gorgous:flowerforyou:

I've done super good lately guys... I had 3 shots of jager (not my fav but my sis loves it) on saturday. BTW did anyone else see the Mayweather vs Ortiz fight... OMG! But anyway.. other than that I've had 0's for the last 3 weeks:bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday - 0

On plan the scale is still creeping down down down. I LIKE it!
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Great job Robin!!

Sunday=1
    Monday=1 (beers, both times)

Tonight is conferences, and they're feeding us pizza (the parent committee.) *sigh* But, it's from this great local place, and they have a KILLER veggie-thin crust, so I hope they have that so I can have a piece or two and not feel all bloaty.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in is tomorrow

It actually feels good too be sober for a few days.

Robin, I agree that it feels good to watch the scale go down...

Amy, be careful of the sodium in the pizza, it could screw up your weigh-in. Have fun at conferences. My hubs went to a conference and got into a discussion on why the teacher doesn't fail a student that doesn't hand in work on time.

Solpwr, great job on hitting the one-derlands...sounds like you have portion control down as well

SoCal...you will "ROCK" those swimsuits!! Hoping that hubs job is safe for the time being as well. So, scary.

Kasi, I do not think that you really want to see that video. My sister still has it and still laughs uncontrollably. Nice job on all the zeros for drinks. Any tips for me?
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder, Kim...I'll make sure I'm drinking lots of water today to flush it out. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I feel like I have been super duper lushy lately....especially on the weekends. I haven't even really been able to keep track of everything. Last week, I had 1/2 a beer almost every night AND my usual wine. My goal this week is no beer til saturday (we are going to a brewfest, woohoo!!!!) and minimum wine consumption during the week (within calorie goals)!!!

WAY TO GO Everyone who is trying to stay away from the booze....You are all succeeding, congrats!!!!