Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Monday - 2 glasses of white wine.
    Tuesday - 1 glass of Merlot...which I am enjoying with some awesome truffles I got from Costco. May have to start a chocoholics thread for those who like to indulge in chocolate and want to fit it into their "healthy lifestyle".
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    YAY! Two weeks w/o alcohol!!! I'm a BIG fan of wine (mainly white), margaritas, and vodka! YUM! (also cut out soda too) Past week was really hard...just found out they came out w/a red moscato!...so hard not to just run to the register w/a 6 pack (bottles) of those lol.

I'm trying for a few weeks and then incorporate the skinnygirl drinks and some wine back in to the lifestyle. Used to cooking w/a bottle of wine in hand so I think I'll permit it again once a week...a treat! I'll save the hard alcohol for special occasions...i'l be a cheaper lush too:drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay my inner cheapskate over came my motivation for sober septemeber. . the hotel had free wine in the lobby. What's a girl supposed to do? so I had a very short glass, I estimate 4 oz. of chardonnay. It was very enjoyable.

Solpwr you had a heck of a week. I've certainly been there.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Okay my inner cheapskate over came my motivation for sober septemeber. . the hotel had free wine in the lobby. What's a girl supposed to do? so I had a very short glass, I estimate 4 oz. of chardonnay. It was very enjoyable.

You were being thoughtful, don't want the hotel stuck with all that wine do you? That would just be wasteful!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

You were being thoughtful, don't want the hotel stuck with all that wine do you? That would just be wasteful!

Agreed, well played mama lush, you got some free wine but also made a great decision on how much to have :smile: not sure I would have had that kind of control.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks

Total: 0 drinks
    Goal: 18-24

The next four days will be hard...tomorrow starts vacation for the weekend
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, thought I was doing better but:
    Monday - 1 g&t, 1 ichiban - we went to a hibachi grill,I don't care for sushi but I do like Japanese beer
    Tuesday - 2 Oktoberfest Spartan brand - mmmmm fall beer

And it's shaping up to be an awesome holiday season this year Our homemade mead is finally in bottles, the cheap vodka filtered at home is in the oak barrel and is starting to have a nice warm smooth flavor, and husband just brewed a batch of smooth nut brown ale today.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mon - 0
    tues - 0
    wed - 0

:bigsmile:
  • rjadams
    Options
    good job Faith.

okay so
    Monday -0
    Tuesday - >1 (4 oz of wine not quite a whole drink)
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-0
    Saturday-1/2 bottle of pinot grigio, 1 vodka and crystal light, and 6 mich ultras
    Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Today-0

Tomorrow starts the wedding festivities but I'm pretty proud of my attempt to not drink 10 days before the wedding....also my ability to stay away from red wine so my teeth stay white :)
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Chloe, congrats! I can't wait to hear about the wedding! :heart:

Mama Lush, way to go with the restraint! :heart:

Sarah Mary, um, what is your address? :wink: :drinker:

Nothing for me last night. Hubs had a 6 oz. beer and fell asleep...so much easier not to drink when he's not.

Sunday=2
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I self intervened. 1/3 of a bottle of red wine last night. An inky tempranillo from Ergo in Rioja, Espana. My goal is to make the bottle last 3 days.

I'm also analyzing my calorie intake and my net calories. I identified 2 things.

On calorie intake, in the last 30 days, only twice did I consume less than 1,800 in a day. In the prior 2 months, I averaged 8 days per month, typically on rest days. I need to consume less on non-workout days.

On NET calories, I'm analyzing my weekly average from the beginning until now. Prior to May 15, I stayed below 1,300/day on weekly basis. Then 4 weeks of vacation. When I came back, I had 1 week under 1,300. Two weeks later, another one under 1,300. Two weeks later, another one. All during that time I was losing weight at a nice pace. The last 5 weeks, I haven't had a "good week" like that, and weight loss has been 1 pound during that time.

I need to lose 10 pounds to fit into 2 of the 3 Italian made suits hanging in my closet (33 inch pant waist). My equivalent of your size 4 dresses.

See I had to write this out to evolve my strategy. For the balance of September, 1 rest day per week, and consume less than 1,800 calories on those days. Limit myself to 2 bottles of wine and 4 additional drinks per week for the next 2 weeks. I need one of those "good weeks" again. That may help me lose a couple of pounds in September.

October, on the wagon. Jump start my winter ski season prep. Because the daylight is short and weather unpredictable, I'll be back inside at the health club except for weekends. October is the month I try to get a chunk of those last 10 pounds I'm striving for. I will stay on the wagon until I get the majority of that 10 pounds. Let's hope its not 2012 when I re-introduce alcohol into my diet.
  • martinimcbride
    Options
    I lived in San Diego for 31 years & go back every summer : ) Proud of myself, didn't have any alcohol till after 8pm. Hubby asked if I was alright. Ha! I said I thought I was shakey cuz I had too much Arizona diet tea. Having my 3 vodka tonics now. No more shakes, LOL.

10449835.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    Where ya live now??
    Love my vodka t's too. Friend request on your way. ;)

Got married at age 30 & hubby dragged me to Orlando. He's from here & it's much cheaper. We were having a house built within a week. Couldn't do that in San Diego.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Think I'm giving my liver the night off tonight. Boyfriend is back from business trip and I just want to hang out with him and the fur babies tonight :heart: Friday, however, we have a friends wedding Friday and I think it might get crazy. I'd like to stick to my 5 drink limit though.
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    still on a roll. no drinks on the plane, and no drinks when I went out to dinner. i am so impressed with myself:blushing: so this week starts with
    Monday -0

Sober September is working for me.

Impressed with your will power! And I have always been impressed with your water consumption......great job!
  • santeeshimmy
    santeeshimmy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sunday-0
    Monday- 2 bottles of really good Cab... Over the course of an 8 hr party
    Tuesday-0

Today will be a wine night I am sure as I am making marinara. Try to keep it to 2 glasses, not bottles.....
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Got married at age 30 & hubby dragged me to Orlando. He's from here & it's much cheaper. We were having a house built within a week. Couldn't do that in San Diego.
    You're right...it costs a lot to have this amazing weather year round.

Zero drinks for me last night. May have some wine tonight since I had a reallly good swim today and will be able to still stay under calories. I dropped 2 lbs but I'm going to wait to log them to be sure it's not just water weight.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, I'm thinking a couple of lites at BBW, maybe 2 talls = 3 regulars

Thursday, 6-8 drinks
    Friday, 6-8 drinks
    Saturday, 6-8 drinks
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Goal: 18-24

With very lushy family & friends for WI Warrior Dash, last year we averaged 33 beers per person and it was a day shorter. That's when I joined this thread last June.

I'm gonna have to bring a shot glass for measuring.......so, I have to be very careful not to snack on chips and dip/crackers things
  • rjadams
    Options
    okay so
    Monday -0
    Tuesday >1
    Wednesday -0

Staying on track. Not enough exersize I am trying but not enough time with all the travel 9 hour day on the road today. Long day working tomorrow and then on to the city for the night and out early on the plane on Friday. I am trying to make good choices but I couldn't handle any more chicken or salad today so I had steak tonight. I really missed having some wine with it.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    It was crazy last night when I got home from class...at 8:20, both kids were still awake, not even ready for bed, so at 9:15 when I finally got them to bed (don't get me started on my husband and his ability to watch the chaos and not help...) I SO wanted a beer. I had about 3/4 of one. So, progress!

Sunday=2
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=.75