Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That was a tough weekend too! Well, it's ok, it's time to get back to work!
    No more lounging and drinking bloody mary's and whatever else is put in front of me!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I thought if I changed my profile pic I might get motivated. me when I was only 38 years old.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    purty robin!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 9 drinks, marathon day...1/2 bottle of wine, 4 vodka drinks, 2 margs..it's embarrassing to post this...comp starts tomorrow and their will be zeros, I swear.

Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 0 drinks...working 3 to 11

Total: 14
    Goal: >12

That's it for the week. I am ready to dry out. Better take my B vitamins so I don't get the DTs
  • nisijam5
    Options
    so I thought if I changed my profile pic I might get motivated. me when I was only 38 years old.

ooooo la, la
  • Sieggie
    Options
    OMG - I think I've found my home. Can't remember the last day I didn't have wine (or something else) at the end of the day! Convinced it's why I've packed on the pounds. Went back to Weight Watchers and am now incorporating it into my daily point plus goal. Seems to be working -- first week down almost 3 lbs.

Feel free to Friend me if you want to get through this together WITHOUT sacrificing our love of the drink!
  • Sieggie
    Options
    OMG - I think I've found my home. Can't remember the last day I didn't have wine (or something else) at the end of the day! Convinced it's why I've packed on the pounds. Went back to Weight Watchers and am now incorporating it into my daily point plus goal. Seems to be working -- first week down almost 3 lbs.

Feel free to Friend me if you want to get through this together WITHOUT sacrificing our love of the drink!
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump Bump....count me in!!! I am HOME
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=5 drinks, those ballpark beers are 24 oz! and then I came home and had a small glass of wine to fall asleep.
    Not sure about tonight, there's wine left...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Tuesday=5 drinks, those ballpark beers are 24 oz! and then I came home and had a small glass of wine to fall asleep.
    Not sure about tonight, there's wine left...

Sounds like my days of late...
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Robin, I followed you you to this board. Sounds like a sympatico place to me! I like to have a big glass of wine nearly every evening . I like it, I think it is good for me, and if I had to give up everything I liked to stay on my diet, I would not stay on it long! A lot of you seem to be mourning the end of summer. I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas, home of the seemingly endless summer. Currently we have had over a month of 100+ degree weather, together with a 10 month drought. So strange for a usually wet, semi-tropical place! What's a girl to do do? When life gives you lemons make lemonade - raspberry lemonade with vodka in it! I'm never a binger. Never have more than 2 drinks, unless I'm on a cruise ship, and then I sorta drink my way thru the day....hey i don't have to drive home after dinner, right? Maxy

Well said...............all of it!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    That was a tough weekend too! Well, it's ok, it's time to get back to work!
    No more lounging and drinking bloody mary's and whatever else is put in front of me!

Why?
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Can I join in this group!! Fellow lushes!! :) We like to drink on the weekend and I have been logging it, I am a rum and coke zero fan or vodka and fresca. I am trying to balance the alcohol into the big scheme of this weight loss journey AGAIN! Nice to see others that are right here in same boat!

CHEERS!!!:drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi loves! Hope everyone has been well.

Back from Vegas. Miss the heat & the sun but excited for Fall as it's my favorite season. Already have the pumpkin spice tarts burning & bought some Octoberfest & pumpkin beer last night :smile: Getting back to working out today & can't wait to go back to Vegas in December :drinker:
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Monday=2
    Tuesday=0

Whoot! It helps that Hubs is cutting back too...we're such bad influences on each other. :drinker:
    Thank gosh my mister isn't a drinker! I never fared well when dating drinkers...always chubbed up!
    He will drink an occasional beer, very rare cocktail, an never wine. He calls it " a perversion of delicious grape juice." Oh well...so sad! More Gnarely Head for me!
    I had one glass of Gazela Vihno Verde last night, and having some red now...mmmm:)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I have one more spot on my fit-n-trim to win comp starting today.

Here's the link if any more lushes would like to join:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/335546-fit-n-trim-to-win-elimination-contest-full-contest
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Kat! Pumpkin beer sounds awesome! Pumpkin in front of anything sounds good...cake, bread, muffins, pie :laugh: oh and lattes from Starbucks (my son works there and brought me home one last night...YUM).
  • firegirley
    firegirley Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Damn!! No wiggle room for a glass of wine :( I'll be sure to exercise tomorrow if the weathers better. THEN I'll enjoy a glass or two (or bottle) of my favorite Reisling!! Also a fan of coconut rum with diet Mtn Dew....
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Yay for me,,,,,,Tuesday = 0

Wednesday = 0

I know it's only Wednesday today but I don't plan on drinking at all until Friday - and way less than I have been for the last 4 weekends. Back to tracking all of my alcohol calories.......and shed some lbs! I swear I haven't lost anything for 6 weeks - damn (fun!!!) summer!!!
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Damn!! No wiggle room for a glass of wine :( I'll be sure to exercise tomorrow if the weathers better. THEN I'll enjoy a glass or two (or bottle) of my favorite Reisling!! Also a fan of coconut rum with diet Mtn Dew....

Yum! Coconut Rum and Diet mtn Dew! I will have to try that one!! :)