Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I fell of the MFP wagon for a few weeks. But I refound my motivation and am back at it. Solpwr - I love your pictures!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I love that cork screw!! Too bad I don't drink wine. I collected some corks for awhile from my in-laws with plans to make a cork wreath I saw at a winery but then they went to screw top. :sad:

Kasi, Kim and Faith, drink up! Comp is only 4 days way. Kasi lushy posting, cute!

I hate hate hate Friday nights - and the start of a holiday/vacation week. DH got down his guitars to 'dust' last night and it wasn't long until he was playing and I was singing and dancing. Which led to excessive drinks and no dinner for him. At least I ate, he stayed in bed until 11:30 today. I should have made him get up - hey, no whining over self inflicted injuries - but I didn't want to deal with him. :laugh: Somehow I still stayed under calories though. Oh! I started doing Leslie Sansone walking steps to the music, I forgot to count all that in my exercise log. Man, her music sucks but I guess she would have to pay tons of royalties for good halfway current music. I should mix my own.....

Welcome to all the new lushes - well, I guess you are already established lushes, just new to the board.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Solpwr...love the pics & love the wine cellar...

McDebbie...would love to dance with you

Robin...would love to be with you this weekend

Redfox...would love to have some motivation right now

Went kayaking today with the fam...I didn't pack any booze which was good...I think it helps to keep track of the numbers otherwise it would be really, really bad...I will probably drink tonight, not sure what yet

Off to walk the crazed dogs that have been locked up all day...then, get my drink on
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 2 beers
    Sat - 4 beers over as many hours
    Sun - we'll see
    Mon - oh yeah, Labor Day.........................celebrating that!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 6 drinks...vodka, soda, Izzy pom and lime
    Tuesday, 6 drinks....3 Sam Adams @ Champps & and 3 of the above when we got home
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair, 11 drinks....10 oz of cranberry vodka/lemonade, 4 beers and a perfect margarita from Applebees.
    Friday, 5 drinks....2 glasses of wine and 1/2 bottle of skinn margs
    Saturday, 6 drinks...1/2 bottle of skinny margs, 4 vodka sodas
    Sunday, 0 drinks

Total: 34

Goal: <18

Holy cow, it's a bad week...I think I will be a zero for today. Of course, it's only 11 in the morning and easy to say now.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all; sounds like we are having a productive weekend. :wink: I actually was down one drink yesterday. Will wonders never cease!. I've been having 1.5 oz. of Jose Cuervo Especial gold tequila and diet 7up, 4x an evening. Yee haw :drinker: Just wasn't up to that, so only 3 last night. Well, I did a bit of babysitting of the hubs as he was smashed. Someone had to be somewhat alert! lol Maybe he'll hurt enough not to do so much today - HA! I hate long weekends too, Debbie. :ohwell:

Have fun!!

P.S. Nic pics solpwr
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes,

Even though I'm rubbish at posting here now I thought I'd pop in and say hello and see how you are all doing.

I've been pretty lushy lately but it's not affecting my weight so I'm happy enough.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    thurs - 1 bottle of wine
    fri - 0
    sat - 2 bottles of wine
    sun- 0

I have 2 x 2day weekends this week but Kim's comp is starting, so help me not be lushy. :laugh:
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Last night after mountain biking I dropped into my favorite everyday Italian restaurant, Ciao Mambo. Sat at the counter, flirted with my favorite servers, started with a Barbera glass pour. Two guys down from Medicine Hat for the weekend were also at the counter. We were chatting about wine, and turns out one of them owns a wine shop. They gave me a taste of their Banfi Brunello '06, and it was spectacular. Nose was cinnamon, mint, and wet leather. Great mouthfeel. Flavors were cinnamon, mint, and tar. So yummy. Next they bought a bottle of The Prisoner '09, and they are sharing freely. I hadn't had that vintage yet; I was underwhelmed. Got some ripe plums, vanilla, swisher sweets for flavors. Next, Altus Napa valley cabernet. Very good wine; better than Prisoner. Nose was cinnamon, vanilla, and clover. Flavors were current and tobacco field.

So I'm counting a bottle for last night. I thinking I'm close, judging by the buzz I had. Not too much, but definitely there. It was over the course of 3 hours.
  • LAXerwigen
    Options
    Yuengling my beer of choice-with 3 hours of football-oh no!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Tuesday, 6 drinks....3 Sam Adams @ Champps & and 3 of the above when we got home
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Thursday, state fair, 11 drinks....10 oz of cranberry vodka/lemonade, 4 beers and a perfect margarita from Applebees.
    Sunday, 7 drinks...1 bottle and a little extra wine

Total: 41

I think knowing the contest starts on Wednesday made me lushier than ever!!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    New week, new plan

Monday, ??? off to visit girlfriend and drink a couple
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, ??? drinks
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 0 drinks...working 3 to 11

Goal: >12

For lushes who are participating in the the contest, here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/335546-fit-n-trim-to-win-elimination-contest-full-contest
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Drank Thursday - last night......holy hangover this morning!

Ate a normal lunch, then went to my fav restaurant to get a chicken salad sandwich and pasta salad.....oops - 800+ calorie lunch means that either I only eat 200 calories for dinner - or workout, I think I'll get a run in, maybe it will make me feel better. ugh

A little while ago, I was complaing to my husband about feeling ****ty - he asked if I was ready for a drink.......oh my, I can be convinced SO easily.......
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So much beer. 6 taster at the first one, 3 at the second and a very generous 3 at the last one. then we went and had 8 oz of wine with oysters for dinner and then went back to the hotel and I drank a bottle of chardonnay with a wine meat and cheese plate. this morning was 3 mimosas and a glass of merlot and so much food I think I am going to burst. no more food today but I will probably cocktail it the rest of the day. Then I am done. I WILL be good.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, you must indulge tomorrow before the initial weigh-in. We will need that bloated alcohol weight to rock the first weigh-in. So, eat lots of sodium with the liquor as well.

Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, ??? drinks
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 0 drinks...working 3 to 11

Total: 5
    Goal: >12
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Sober September...nice concept but it looks like that is not the way it is turning out. Can't even remember...but will start tracking tomorrow :laugh: Looks like I am not the only one enjoying "Lushy September". Cheers to all :drinker:
  • Winstonandgilly
    Options
    Anyone try Absolut Wild Tea Vodka? Any good recipes?
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, 0 drinks
    Sunday, 7 drinks...1 bottle and a little extra wine

Total: 41

I think knowing the contest starts on Wednesday made me lushier than ever!!!

Wow! You are a doodlebugger at heart! (a complement).
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    WTG Lushes!!! I saw lots of good drinking going on! :drinker:

I actually didn't drink that much, but holy hell I did eat a ton (and didn't exercise much)
    I had chinese food and feel like crap. YUK..I just can't eat that stuff anymore. I'm about to burst with the sodium. :grumble:
    Back on track tomorrow
  • nisijam5
    Options
    SoCal, where have you been...