Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are a doodlebugger at heart! (a complement).

Thanks, I think??
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I know that a glass of red wine is good for you, but when it comes to 3 to 4 glasses -- that's another story. I think I'm going back to my vodka with a splash of pineapple juice. Not that it's healthier, just fewer calories--I think.

So this is where you all are... luv this thread! I typically vacillate between red wine and vodka also. There are some great calorie-conscious suggestions here for indulging my inner-lush :wink: Only been at this mfp thing for a couple of months and still trying to balance alcohol into the equation. I sure exercise more now to "earn" those drinks lol!
  • XDoodlebugger
    XDoodlebugger Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are a doodlebugger at heart! (a complement).

Thanks, I think??

You're welcome (for sure)!
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Not the best start to the week........

1.5 shots vodka (3 drinks - made 1/2 style)
    1 shot yager (2 - 1/2 shots)
    2 bud55's

Total calories - 355(ish)

Tonight? 0, 0, 0, for sure :drinker:
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello...I just found this thread and think m prayers have been answered! Those damn drinks on the weekends are killing me! Not willing to give them up though. My best friend was in town all weekend, went to a wine festival on Saturday. Probably had in the area of 15 drinks in 2 days. Looking to cut back, but not cut drinks out.
    Nice to meet you all!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 7 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, ??? drinks
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 0 drinks...working 3 to 11

Total: 7
    Goal: >12

0 for today. Kids started school today and I won't need as much therapy :noway: Tomorrow starts the competition as well. Lushes must the comp.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    SoCal, where have you been...
    Hi Kim!! I've been around sparingly. Busy summer+ a nasty hamstring pull had me sidelined for a bit. :flowerforyou:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Not too lushy this weekend.

Monday=2 beers

I'm joining in with Kim's comp tomorrow, so I need to be really, really good!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    :laugh: This comp is going to be full of lushes this round! I'm lushing it up tonight before first weigh in tomorrow. :laugh: :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    :laugh: This comp is going to be full of lushes this round! I'm lushing it up tonight before first weigh in tomorrow. :laugh: :drinker:

Yes, with a shaker of salt!!! So, margs it is....
  • mgonzal85
    mgonzal85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ahh SO HAPPY I found you all! For me its the weekends, my drinking leads me to eat horribly. I love gin and red wine a little too much : (
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Labor Day weekend:
    Friday= 3 Coors lights
    Saturday=
    Sunday= lost track, had a few beers, a cider, a vodka pom drink, then maybe three coors lights at home.
    Monday=1 marg

Today is a Rockies game, I am thinking of sticking to 2 beers unless I can get a workout squeezed in.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends.....sounded like you did :)

Friday-1 smurfetter, 1 weyerbacher imperial pumpkin, 5 martinis and 1 glass of wine (SHOCKED I was still standing)
    Saturday-Several 2oz sample of weyerbacher beers, 2 1/2 beers, 1 margarita and one shot
    Sunday-6 martinis and 2 beers
    Monday-2 1/2 beers and a glass of wine

I know it seems like a lot and well it is a lot but all my drinks were spreadout through the day, so I was suprisingly coherent by the end of the night...well except for sunday...that day was pretty ridiculous :wink:
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    So, I have checked in recently but not done an actual drink count ---
    Monday -1
    Tues -2
    Wed -2
    Thur - 2
    Fri -5
    Sat - 2
    Sun - 0
    Mon (last night) 2
    So I have been great about at least one '0' day and keeping it at 2 and under...Friday was fun night with the other teachers, so it counts as a special occasion:)
    I am going to aim for more '0' or '1' nights this week (as I pour my 1 glass of Vihno Verde for the night.) Wish me luck! The students do drive me batty!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - 0
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Tuesday = 0

yep I did it again. I am now in the competition so I will post a lot more of those zeros for a while. I need to do this. :cry:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Wasn't gonna drink last night BUT all this frickin rain is flooding my basement AGAIN!!! I needed something to take the edge off.

Tuesday-8oz of wine
    Wednesday-some wine for sure, cause its still raining and the shop vac will be running again :sad:

Good luck all you gorgeous Lushes in the competition!!!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    The plan is no drinks until the wedding (or maybe I will have some wine at the rehearsal) So I have about 10 days....I can do it! Yesterday was my first day with zero drinks and I survived :tongue:

Tuesday -0
  • kblue2007
    Options
    The plan is no drinks until the wedding (or maybe I will have some wine at the rehearsal) So I have about 10 days....I can do it! Yesterday was my first day with zero drinks and I survived :tongue:

Tuesday -0

10days WOW!!!!!! Good luck with all you last minute stuff :happy:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Monday=2
    Tuesday=0

Whoot! It helps that Hubs is cutting back too...we're such bad influences on each other. :drinker: