Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    10 days til I go to Spain!

oooooh, I love Spanish wine!! And Spanish food you are going to have a great time!!!
  • ertrauma
    ertrauma Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    New to this thread, but I now see I'm not the only MFP poster with and ARI (alcohol-related issue) ;) Beer is like water to me! No, really...it is about the only water I drink, except maybe for Diet Dr. Pepper. I can put away 2 liters of it a day (Diet Dr. Pepper, not beer.....well, on second thought...) But, at least my go-to beer is Mic Ultra and the Dr. Pepper is diet.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Chloe, How exciting! I love weddings... I hope your day is everything you wish for!

Kim, I love a good drunkin' slumber. I swear its the best sleep I ever get!

ER, I'd have to agree drinking Michelob Ultra is very simular to drinking water. Doesn't taste too bad but very very light. I just recently discovered I like Dead Guy but that is sooo not good for losing weight:grumble:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Good luck all on Kim's comp!!! I'll be following along for spirit and fun. :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

oooooh, I love Spanish wine!! And Spanish food you are going to have a great time!!!

I gues Spanish men are out of the question :grumble:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options

I gues Spanish men are out of the question :grumble:
    Well, for me they are b/c I am going with my husband for our second anniversary! But we are staying in San Sebastian, which has more michelin stars than Paris, and we will spend a night in Rioja touring a couple of wineries, I hope. Then 3 days in Madrid. if any one has any tips about those place I am happy to hear them!
  • BhanGoes
    BhanGoes Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sunday: 0 drinks
    Monday: 0 drinks
    Tuesday: 0 drinks
    Wednesday: 0 drinks
    Thursday (today): 0 drinks
    Friday: One case of Michelob Ultra all to myself, God willing. :laugh:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Since this is a "no judging" board, one of my favorite meals is Okami sushi and a bottle of Moscato wine from Albertsons! I know, I know, I am a cheap date!! If you purchase six or more bottles of wine at Albertsons you get an additional 10% off too. You wouldn't believe how many of those free wine six pack totes I have because I always forget to take one with me!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, for me they are b/c I am going with my husband for our second anniversary! But we are staying in San Sebastian, which has more michelin stars than Paris, and we will spend a night in Rioja touring a couple of wineries, I hope. Then 3 days in Madrid. if any one has any tips about those place I am happy to hear them!

My sister met her husband in Portugal....although, he's Austrailian...go figure

Sounds like a lovely time...
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Weddings, Spain, men, wine...

Why am I all of a sudden craving a cocktail?? Well done you guys!! :drinker:
    (I know, I'm easy)
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well...had a few cocktails tonight...still worked them into my calories for today! :) CHEERS! :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Dot, I loved all of it. My boyfriend and I got a kick out of how many "girls direct to your door in 20 minutes" guys there were haha. My favorite was seeing the Shark Reef at Mandalay, I so want to dive with great whites. I also loved the lion habitat at our hotel and the wax museum was interesting except we took a wrong turn and missed the horror side of it =\ next time! I love heat so it being in the 100's all week and not humid like home made me one happy camper. I loved their idea of partly cloudy (one cloud in the sky haha) We didn't make it to the dam or canyon so that'll be in December maybe but we did make it to the Stratosphere at night which was great, going to try those rides next time and the fountains at Bellagio at night were fun. We also saw some dolphins, tigers, white lions and a black panther =] we hung out at a bar in our hotel that was a good time because every half
    Hour the bar tenders got up on the bar and danced. Hung out at the pool a couple days, got a cabana, went down the lazy river, had some beers and had some great food. I never thought I'd say it but it was more fun than all our cruises and I love cruising! All in all, a damn good time and can't wait to be back there :smile:

On another note, football started tonight and it's my team at home =] Go Pack Go! Football season means more beer which means hunkering down on food portions to make up for it. I'd like to shed some lbs so I'm back at counting for a bit but don't at all regret any of the food (mainly delicious New York style pizza) that I had in Vegas. Never thought I'd say this either but it was better than Papa Ginos and that's my favorite pie!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I love Sam Adams Pumpkin beer, tastes like pumpkin pie which I love, but the only pumpkin that was out the other night was Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat and it's pretty tasty as well. Gosh I love Fall! Warm days, cool nights, beautiful leaves, delicious food and of course Halloween!!! Can't wait for our party :devil:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 9 drinks, marathon day...1/2 bottle of wine, 4 vodka drinks, 2 margs..it's embarrassing to post this...comp starts tomorrow and their will be zeros, I swear.
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest
    Thursday, 0 drinks

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 0 drinks...working 3 to 11
    Goal: >12

Total: 14

OK, I scored a 0 for tonight...I was thinking up using some calories for a nice glass of wine and then decided not too....baby steps, baby steps

I'm going to take my melatonin and call it a night :yawn: G'night lushes :flowerforyou:
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    http://www.pinnaclevodka.com/assets/pdfs/Pinnacle Calorie PDF.pdf Calorie info for the Pinnacle Vodka flavors but it needs updated with newest ones. Anyone have info for Cake & Gummy flavors?

I've been bad with Pumpkin beer the past week, glasses rimmed with cinnamon sugar too.

Last night had a bottle of Chaucer's Mead and a gummy vodka with orange juice and ginger ale.

There is one lonely Coors Light in the fridge calling my name tonight but I'm trying to ignore it.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    wed - 2 bottles of wine
    thurs - 0
    fri - 1 light beer
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    tuesday -0
    wednesday-0
    thursday-0

It has been much easier this time. I think because I only have a protein shake for dinner I am not tempted by cooking and wine. It is a good mindset. Kim's challenge is really keeping focused this week.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Monday=2
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=2 beers (the last Summer Shandy and the last Ruby Redbird :sad: )

It took me almost 2 hours to drink the first beer, though. Like Kim said...baby steps!

Thanks for the beer info, Kat!!

I have a triple baby shower tonight, so I'm sure there will be beer and wine, but with 3 preggos, it will be easy to not drink.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

I have a triple baby shower tonight, so I'm sure there will be beer and wine, but with 3 preggos, it will be easy to not drink.

Oh god...I'm going to a baby shower sunday and I am praying there is booze :laugh:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    http://www.pinnaclevodka.com/assets/pdfs/Pinnacle Calorie PDF.pdf Calorie info for the Pinnacle Vodka flavors but it needs updated with newest ones. Anyone have info for Cake & Gummy flavors?

I've been bad with Pumpkin beer the past week, glasses rimmed with cinnamon sugar too.

Last night had a bottle of Chaucer's Mead and a gummy vodka with orange juice and ginger ale.

There is one lonely Coors Light in the fridge calling my name tonight but I'm trying to ignore it.
    How sad:sad: You know, there's alcohol abuse but then there is alcohol neglect...
    I managed to have a single 5 oz glass of white wine last night.