Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking water tonight as the contest has started...

I'm thinking that I really haven't drank water all month unless it was in the form of ice cooling my vodka drinks :ohwell:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Kat! Pumpkin beer sounds awesome! Pumpkin in front of anything sounds good...cake, bread, muffins, pie :laugh: oh and lattes from Starbucks (my son works there and brought me home one last night...YUM).

Love, love, LOVE pumpkin beer. They aren't all out yet but this stuff isn't bad. Also LOVE your pic! I watch all my Halloween movies pretty much daily as soon as the last week of September or anytime during the year if I need a pick me up. Halloween is my favorite holiday =] already have some decorations up and can't wAit to watch Hocus Pocus, Nightmare Before Christmas & then the scary flics like the classics Nightmare on Elm Street & Halloween.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking water tonight as the contest has started...

I'm thinking that I really haven't drank water all month unless it was in the form of ice cooling my vodka drinks :ohwell:

Kim..I'm going to miss your binges! It makes me feel better about mine! :tongue:
    I'm having wine tonite. Probably a glass or 2.
    Good luck with your comp! I'm sure we will hear updates from you all!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Thanks SoCal...
  • martinimcbride
    Options
    Ahhh.. my new bestest friends!!! Somehow I get 6 or 8 oz of vodka every night w/ diet tonic (yeah YUCK but believe it or not Walmart's "MIXER" brand diet is pretty good).. where was I? Oh yeah ....and manage not to go over my calorie allowance. All I do differently is quit free-pouring & use diet tonic. Love red wine when it's cooler (I'm in hell, er Florida) so I'll have to watch that.

:drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Day two of no drinks. I tend to drink water just to feel like I am drinking something so my water consumption really goes up when I cut down the alcohol. I think Kim's competition is going to do me good.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I haven't checked in for a while but no worries... I'm still lushing it up! I've cut it down to just friday, saturday, and maybe sunday if i'm not feeling like poop:grumble: I've have been working alot lately and trying to get the kiddos ready for school. One of them started Junior High yesterday and another (my baby) starts Kindergarden next week:sad: :brokenheart: Where does the time go! My little one promised me he would stay little forever.... little turd lied to me:wink:

So sad summer is almost over:cry: I think I might try to head over to the beach this weekend since its still super hot here and maybe get in a couple more camping trips before it gets too cold again. I did find a campground with yurts that we will take advantage of for a while longer too but it doesn't compare to getting lushy out in the wilderness where I can howl at the moon and walk on fire:wink::bigsmile:

I'm in 3 Challenges right now but two of them aren't very motivational. Kim's Challenge however ROCKS! I can't wait to get started and find out who is on my team. I see alot of Lushes have joined... super cool!!!
  • martinimcbride
    Options
    I had to look up "yurts". Thought maybe it was a typo. That sounds so cool.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I'm in 3 Challenges right now but two of them aren't very motivational. Kim's Challenge however ROCKS! I can't wait to get started and find out who is on my team. I see alot of Lushes have joined... super cool!!!

Well, thank you...it ROCKS because it is full of cool people :wink:

It must be motivational since none of us are drinking :laugh:

I almost fell over about the walking on fire bit!! :smokin:
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I had to look up "yurts". Thought maybe it was a typo. That sounds so cool.
    They are kind of a cross between a teepee and a cabin and most are heated or have some sort of heat source like a woodstove. They are perfect for camping all year long.
  • Aprilstar480
    Options

Well, thank you...it ROCKS because it is full of cool people :wink:

It must be motivational since none of us are drinking :laugh:

I almost fell over about the walking on fire bit!! :smokin:
    :bigsmile: Oh, I'll drink but I'm way more aware of what and how much because of the challenge!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    HA, HA....I was referring mostly to tonight!!!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm a red wine girl. I usually budget my calories so I can have 2 glasses of wine a day. I'm going to see some buddies from my Afghanistan tour on Friday through Monday and I know I will be drinking. I guess my challenge to myself is 1. drink but keep it to 3-4 a day, 2. Eat but don't overeat, 3. Exercise everyday I'm out of town even if is just a 30 minute walk.

We will see how well I do. I have no doubt I will go over my calorie allotment those 4 days but my goal is not to go crazy. We will see how I do!:wink:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 5 vodka sodas
    Tuesday, 9 drinks, marathon day...1/2 bottle of wine, 4 vodka drinks, 2 margs..it's embarrassing to post this...comp starts tomorrow and their will be zeros, I swear.
    Wednesday, 0 drinks...weigh-in for contest

Thursday, 0 drinks
    Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 0 drinks...working 3 to 11

Total: 14
    Goal: >12

I took my B-stress complex last night to ward off the DTs. However, sleep is now seriously disturbed. :yawn: I must have grown accustomed to a drunken slumber. Bring on the melatonin :drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

9 Days till my wedding :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0

The awesome thing is I didn't really miss it last night at all. Working from home today cuz I needed to stay home with the suffering DH (root canal) since I don't drive his truck and my car is in the shop being maintained.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Robin, look at that gorgeous lady!!

Kat! Tell us more about Vegas... Also, what pumpkin beer is your fave? I think I'll get some as a treat for me.

Yes, Kim's comp rocks... lots of lushes in there. :drinker:

So, Hubs made it through two fantasy football drafts (simultaneously via the internet) while taking care of both kids while I was at class last night without a drink!!! (Of course, I came home to a disaster of a house and I still had to put both kids to bed, but whatever...) So, I was good and didn't have anything.

Monday=2
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0

ETA: Welcome all the newcomers!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Congrats, that is so exciting!
    10 days til I go to Spain!
    Wednesday=2 drinks, white wine.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Yay...how exciting!!!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I recorded an entire bottle of Cab/Merlot last night, but I don't think I drank that much.

I had the calories to spend from 700+ calories burned on an 18 mile bike ride so why not?