Like Minded Lushes - Septemeber 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-eggplant-and-green-tomato-sandwich-with-dijon-rosemary-spread-10000000226554/

Jessica, this looks like a good eggplant sandwich....maybe, Clint will eat it if it's buried under bread
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I was good and had zero drinks on Sunday and Monday...but two glasses of Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin last night, and working one now. I got a work out in yesterday and today, though, so I am sticking to my plan....

I am sick of being scale obsessed, too. I was weighing like every day and got kinda crazy (like being upset when I saw a 2 lb gain that obviously couldn't be fat overnight, and then it was gone the next day.) It also looks like I have been hovering between 183 and 185 for at least 10 days now. I don't know if that constitutes a plateau, but I feel like it is. My solution is to change my goal to losing .5 lbs a week now since I am just 8 away from my goal and working out hard 5 days a week or more...
    This weight range and time of year is where I fell off the MFP wagon last year -- and I don't want to do that again. The last few weeks have felt too 'diety' to me, and less like a lifestyle...and work is ridiculously stressful right now....so I am being a little gentler to my self, and trying to still lose and not go back up...
    I know -- life is rough; cry me a river, then build me a bridge and get over it!
    Hope all of you other lushes are doing great!!! Happy Humpday -- Friday is almost here!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OOPS!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Spain and drank a lot, gained a lot too but probably a lot of water weight from traveling and all. I am going to not drink for the next three days, just trying to detox a little. Drank a ton of water and green tea today to see if the scale will move.
    I brought back 4 bottles of wine from the Rioja region, good stuff:)
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    sooo jealous of Amy. I love me some Spanish wine.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Mmm... that sounds so good! Sitting on the front porch swing in the cool crisp air sipping on a glass of nice red wine. I'm jealous too:wink::drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday 0
    tuesday 1.25
    Wednesday 1 (yep I only had 5 oz of wine. how the hell did I manage to drink just one little tiny glass!)
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Sunday 0
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday will be 0 just not feeling it.

Indeed a miracle. Thanks for your support!

:smile:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Pam!!! You can dooooooooo eeettttttttt!

Sunday=2
    Monday=1
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0

I was really thinking of having a beer, but I didn't. I also got booted from Kim's comp. :sad: But, I'm going to keep on, keeping on!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Spain and drank a lot, gained a lot too but probably a lot of water weight from traveling and all. I am going to not drink for the next three days, just trying to detox a little. Drank a ton of water and green tea today to see if the scale will move.
    I brought back 4 bottles of wine from the Rioja region, good stuff:)

Spain. *jealous*

Garnacha (same as Grenache) is a favorite grape variety. Yummy!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it! I lost 2 more pounds this week..and I leave for vacay tomorrow! YAY me!
    I'm not going to log the weight loss this week..since I know I'm going to be drinking and eating like crazy for 7 days. I'm going to try to exercise some while gone (I have access to a gym)...probably play some tennis and definitely get in the pool.

I'll check in on my phone but have zero plans to log meals. Taking a big bottle of my friend the goose with me..as well as some wine and beer. The booze takes up almost as much room my clothes (which is basically just tank tops, shorts and bathing suits!)

Have a great week lushes! I will do you proud :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Have so much fun, SoCal!!!

Sunday=2
    Monday=1
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=1 (Shock Top Pumpkin...not as good as the other Pumkin I have.)
  • rjadams
    Options
    last night was not good. Vodka called out to me and since I had a crappy eating day (DH had a 25th anniversary work lunch and I was invited and then my group had a pot luck after that which I tried to avoid to no avail.) I gave into the siren call. I think I had 4 drinks with 2-3 oz of vodka in each. I fell asleep watching TV but I have no idea what I watched.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Have so much fun, SoCal!!!

Sunday=2
    Monday=1
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0
    Thursday=1 (Shock Top Pumpkin...not as good as the other Pumkin I have.)

Amy, have your tried Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale....its my favorite so far this season :)
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I haven't Katie...I'll have to look for it.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I haven't Katie...I'll have to look for it.

Its soooo pumpkiny (yeah not a word, but...). People told me Dogfish head was the best pumpkin beer but I think Weyerbacher takes the cake!!!!! Some day soon, my husband and I are going to do a pumpkin beer taste test. We have been collecting several over the last couple of weeks....like FREAKIN nerds :laugh:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I'm not a huge beer fan...but I'm finding that I'm a big fan of the seasonal beers. I was all over the Summer Shandy and Ruby Redbird this summer, and I'm loving all the pumpkin beer so far. So, I don't think you're nerdy at all!!!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Yay! Terrific run today and it's Friday. I'm going to pick up some Hendrick's Gin for tonight.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Yea I had an extremely lushy week....

Monday 10 oz merlot
    Tuesday 15 oz merlot
    Wednesday 10 oz merlot
    Thursday 10 oz merlot
    Friday- I'm sure wine will be involved
    Saturday- 10 yr highschool reunion with 4 hours open bar...should be interesting!
    Sunday- Bears Game! So I'm sure bloody marys will be involved!

Happy weekend everyone!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Can't believe it's the end of September, this year is flying by now. I've been pretty good this week with the alcohol. Friday night and I'm having to make do with a shot of vodka and some flat cola as I haven't got anything else in :grumble: