Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Lunaokra - last night on our walk I told my husband about your name "Gael" and wouldn't you know that he fell in love with the name. So it's now on our boys name list, LOL...Good thing we have the girls name down!!

Kristy- when I went home for lunch, I took a print out of your text message with your hubby and showed it to my hubby and he got a kick out of it. Sounds like everyday conversations that he and I have...Nice to know someone else feels as scared as we do sometimes- LOL!!

Rayna - I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Try to get some rest...

Rosanna - No biggie. We're all here to learn and share- so don't fret over it. I think we all learned soemthing new today. I know I did :smile:

Hubby and I are getting our flu shots tonight. Figured that it gives me 2 days off (in case I get a reaction to it) because God knows I don't have the best immune system. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Gonna also try to get another evening of walking in. That will put me at 3 this week....that's a new record for me :ohwell:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Sorry for being so sporatic in posting. Hard to keep up with this thread now that I am no longer logging my food! Just wanted to give an update. Aftere gaining 3lbs during the week of our Alaskan cruise, the following two weeks I lost weight, which brings my current weight gain at 20 weeks to 9 lbs. I am super happy with that. Still excersizing 30 minutes 5 times a week, sometimes more.

And now for my big news, we went in for our 5 month ultrasound to find that it's a BOY! I am pleasantly surprised that I was not disappointed although I had been hoping for a girl. My childhood was me and my two little brothers, which is what we will have. On the other hand, my 5 year old daughter was very disappointed. She cried and cried as my 3 year old son skipped around the doctors office saying, "I was right, I was right." We cheered her up by saying that she would never have to share her girly toys. Now she is super excited. So now it's time to go through the girl clothes I had been saving, and make some trips to the thrift store. Excited to get lots of stuff done during this time of nesting!

Happy to have more weeks behind me than ahead of me at this point, so much closer to meeting our new son! H&H to all of you mommies!

~Autumn
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS otm2!!!!!!!!!

:happy:

At week20 I didn't think of it that way. I have more weeks behind me than ahead! :noway: I better get crackin'. I know there is so much to do!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finding out you're having a boy otm2!! that is very exciting news!
  • kittycatsss
    Options
    smilegirl- running till 40 weeks is amazing :-) I know I won't hold out that long, partially because Indiana weather is terrible after Thanksgiving. I like to go running still, but I've been having people harass me on the running trails near my house for running while pregnant. It makes me feel like a terrible mom, even though my doctor encouraged me to keep it up as long as I'm able. I have the constant urge to pee while running already, too. How did you deal with that???

Also I was wondering how everyone is managing their diets. I have no idea how many calories to eat. I've never counted calories before and it's all new to me.
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm 17 weeks too but i don't feel the baby yet :( and i'm no showing, so for me is all different. i can wait to feel it. so exited!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hello Happy Friday!

Welcome Paulandrea!

Rayna-Sorry about your loss. My prayers & thoughts to you & your family.
    I am not 17 weeks yet, but I am feeling this lil one move, it's amazing. Just wednesday I think it started I was asleep and the hubby was watching TV but an hr later i woke up to go to the potty, and he says to me: Honey, the baby is moving! I'm like No, he said yes I can hear like it's swimming in there. hahaha Well later on this week i have felt the movement more especially when I lye on ly left side. Wow it's like swimming paradise for baby! lol

Babeed-No worries glad you liked the name too, I took Gael from a famous Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal, he came out in the Science of Sleep. lol You have awesome names listed!

Congrats otm2, you must be so happy!

Misti-My Ob said until 22 weeks, that's another 7 week wait for me. Thanks on the good wishes hope we both get the lil girl.

Holly-Yes, it's going to be tough on the boy name because the hubby & my son disagree on the boy name. If I have a girl of course I naming her Luna Itzel as one full first name. Itzel is derived from the Mayan Goddes of the moon Ixchel, (i'm crazy for the sky - as my mom would say). No I'm not Mayan but the culture fascinated me when we went to Cancun MX.

On the caloric intake I started my first tri at 1400 calories, didn't gain and in this 2nd tri I added 300, which so far I have strted to feel ravenous at night after i go to bed, so i read to eat a snack, fruit, yogurt or crackers to avoid those hunger pains. So far it has worked.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Rayna ~ sorry about you loss. I lost my grandfather several years ago and it's still hard on me. He raised me and I was really close to him.

As far as my calories go, I was at maintenance. For me that was 2200 cals a day. I actually started to gain too much weight so I dropped it down to 2000 cals a day and so far I'm back into that 1/2-1 lbs a week my OB wants.

I was so happy. I made it back to the gym again tonight. 45 min on the elliptical, lvl 6 and averaging around a 3 1/2 mph pace. Bonus, I managed to not cry this time!

I have a bunch of names picked out, mostly boy ones. But my DH won't even talk names with me until we find out what sex we're having. Which I think is ridiculous because we need an "in-case" name anyways. It's a bone of contention between us right now. I can't understand why he wants to wait that long and he can't understand why I want to start tossing them around before we know.

I've been so damned hormonal the past few days. I don't know what is up, down, inside out or right side out anymore. He told me today that he's seen me cry more the past couple of months than our entire marriage. And it's little things setting me off. Like today he came home for lunch and still hadn't gotten his leave paperwork pushed through and that set me off crying. He's supposed to start leave on Wednesday. We're not going anywhere big or anything. Just staying home and tearing through the house to clean up and make room for baby, and turning the dog/military room into the nursery. We do plan on going down to Homer for a little two day trip though.

Yesterday I couldn't stop babbling about all these little thoughts running through my head with the baby stuff. We had gone to the scratch and dent store on base and found a dresser that is perfect for the baby's room. Was originally $390 and we got it for $84. Of course it needs work done to it. I need to repaint it (I refuse to have white furniture when everything in base housing is white to begin with and we can't paint.), and I need to figure out how to get the drawers to stay on the tracks. But I kept tossing out ideas and I really do think I overloaded him.

I didn't realize how stressed he's been at work, or that he's actually worried about being able to get everything for/handle a newborn. Damned stubborn man refuses to talk to me until he's at the breaking point. We ended up not talking to each other for 5 hours because I knew he was upset/pissy/tired but I got pissed cause he kept telling me everything was fine when I knew it wasn't. He didn't talk to me until I went to bed and he noticed I was crying when he came up to tuck me in. That's when he decided to talk to me and tell me he's just feeling "lost" right now. I just hope this 2 weeks off de-stresses him. I can only imagine how stressed he's going to be when I full on start "decorating" and "nesting".
  • __flexylexi
    __flexylexi Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bloody show today for the first time ever... had membranes stripped yesterday at noon, hope labor is coming soon...
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey- question for you ladies.... Right before I got pregnant, I'd lost 40 pounds and exercised a LOT. Kind of got lazy over the summer and am now getting back into exercise, but now that I'm close to 3rd trimester, I get this crampy feeling in towards the bottom of my stomach when I exercise, even if I'm just walking. Has anybody else had this issue? Or could it just be things stretching out more??? Will definitely ask my doc at my next appointment, but wanted to ask all of you, too!

As for names, I think it's nice to have a more formal option, too, but your child will eventually be called what they want to be called. I'm legally "Kristy," but nobody could EVER spell it right, and didn't believe me when I said it wasn't short for anything, so when I hit college, I figured, "nobody can spell it anyway, why not change it to Khrys?"

Had a GREAT opportunity last weekend to go to a giant church resale (baby/maternity) last weekend- guess it's been going on for years and was really organized. Finished out my fall/winter maternity clothes and got several neutral colored baby clothes. All in all, got 34 items for $66!!!! Am already planning on volunteering in March so I can attend the pre-sale!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Hey- question for you ladies.... Right before I got pregnant, I'd lost 40 pounds and exercised a LOT. Kind of got lazy over the summer and am now getting back into exercise, but now that I'm close to 3rd trimester, I get this crampy feeling in towards the bottom of my stomach when I exercise, even if I'm just walking. Has anybody else had this issue? Or could it just be things stretching out more??? Will definitely ask my doc at my next appointment, but wanted to ask all of you, too!

I got that all the time too when exercising. It's probably just Braxton-Hicks. The general rule is that is long as it's less than 6 in an hour, there's nothing to worry about. I don't remember what week that kind of changes (that there might be more), so definitely ask your doc, but I don't think there's anything to worry about. (It can also be ligament stretching, depending on the kind of pain. Crampy sounds to me like BH, the ligament was always more pulling)
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi Mommies,

This weekend has been a busy one. Jason started soccer yesterday and man was it hot out there. I cleaned some part of the closet to make room for the baby's clothes. I need to buy a compact PC desk now.

I am sick, congested and with a major sore throat. :sick:

I haven't taken anything yet, I am trying to get over it myself, with some natural home remedies but woke up in the middle of the night with the sore throat killing me.

I'm heading over to Walgreen and getting some "approved" meds on babycenter now. I was kind of paranoid and hoping it's not strep throat, and according to the description if a sore throat is accompanied by runny nose & sneezing it's not. TG!

To everyone else have a great Sunday!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I remember having a lot of round ligament pain low in the pelvic area when exercising late in my pregnancy, I tried one of those belly support bands and it helped a bit but was still uncomfortable. I eventually had to slow down my exercise, which was walking outside. Maybe something even lower impact wouldn't have bothered me as much. Not sure if that's what you're having, though - I never had Braxton-Hicks.
  • vkcooper
    Options
    How do you join this group? We just found out we are pregnant last sunday....
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    hi all,

sorry, i haven't been on lately. I've been under the weather now for about 4 days. Doing a round of antibiotics for a post nasal drip and sinus infection and sore throat. Basically feeling crappy at the moment.

on the up side- tomorrow i found out if its a boy or girl!!!! yay!!!! so excited for the early anatomy scan.

Ok- going to go make chicken soup.

ps- khrys- i had that when i would just walk in my third trimester with my son, its usually BH contractions, but if it becomes painful enough for you to stop what you are doing, then you should probably call the OB.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Rayna so sorry about your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself and your bambino!

Autumn congrats on the baby boy! :)

Lexi hope things are moving along as planned and your little one is on his way or already made his debut! Let us know! I'll be thinking about you!

When I workout I get a crampy like "stitch" on my left or right side of my lower abdomen (just depends on how she is laying). Wearing a support belt helps a little but I just think it isn't anything to worry about unless it is so painful it makes you have to stop. For me it is just a little uncomfortable. It also could be BH contractions. Typically you would feel that all over your belly though so I don't think that is the culprit. Talk to your doc if you are concerned though.

Sorry to hear about all the sickies out there! Make sure to wash your hands and drink lots of water for all you ladies! We are immunocompromised which means our immune systems aren't as good as they should be and we get sick easier. Hope you all feel better.

Welcome to the newcomers! Jump right in and let us know what you are doing to stay fit and fabulous during your pregnancy!

Al left to AZ today to fly a helicopter back to TX this week. He will only be gone until the middle of the week but I haven't seen him in what seems like forever. I would have loved to spend this lazy, rainy Sunday in my pj's cuddled with him on the couch watching mindless tv....Maybe next weekend. I'm feeling sore today from doing the elliptical the past two days instead of my usual workouts. Just doing something different makes different muscles work which has left my calves and back of thighs a little sore. It is supposed to be nice all week, so I'm hoping for a lot of outdoor workouts like hiking before the weather turns cold for good. Just hoping the weather holds out until after Oct 4th for my maternity pics. :)

Just as a friendly reminder....this board is for women who are continuing with their fitness/health goals throughout their pregnancy...I'd love for every week all of us to put up either our weekly goals or daily goals to keep ourselves and each other accountable! I wanna hear about your sweat sessions and any new things you are trying (like a new yoga dvd, a new cardio class, or a swim rather than a hike, etc). There are lots of pregnancy boards out there but this one in particular is to keep each other motivated to lift those weights, do that warrior pose, shake your bums, run that extra mile, and hike that hill! So as we relax on this Sunday afternoon I want you all to think about the goals you'd like to strive for yourself for the upcoming week. So feed those bodies/babies yummy healthy meals, drink that water, find time to destress and relax, and prepare for the sweat sessions that will occur this week!

Wishing you ladies a wonderful Sunday and a great start to the new week tomorrow! Stay fit and fabulous! :)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi Fit, Fab Mamas,

Just checking in. Annie is 5 days old today. Where does the time go? :wink:

Things are going great. She's a perfectly content baby girl who resembles her brother when he was born 16.5 months ago. It's amazing! I was hoping they'd look alike and have similar dispositions. So far so good. She breastfeeds every 3 hours and even pulls a 4-5 hour snooze from 4 am - 8 am (just when I need it most). Her older brother Colby is still giddy in her presence. He's doing so great with her, trying to be as gentle as a toddler can be. As for me, post- surgery I'm recovering nicely. Have lost nearly half the 'baby weight' five days later so I'm pretty pleased about that! I still look about 3-4 months pregnant and that makes me kinda sad remembering what it was like with Annie inside me... I love pregnancy so much! Now with my son and daughter I'm pretty sure this is it for us. I've had two wonderful pregnancies and received two healthy babies. I'm blessed.

Without further adieu - Here's Annie one hour old:

photo1-3.jpg

And Annie almost five days old:

photo4-1.jpg

EDIT TO SAY: That's Daddy's hairy chest in second photo, not mine... Just so we're clear! Haha!!

Keep up the great work, Ladies. Look forward to your little arrivals.

xo Amy
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the fit, fabulous, pregnant/mamas!

Heather, thank you for the reminder of what this board is here for. I do feel like it occasionally gets off course. My goals for this week- 1. convince my doctor to let me start doing some easy/light walks through the neighborhood :-) 2. continue to eat clean and healthy meals with all the extra calories 3. try not to be disappointed if my doctor still says no activity for another four weeks (I do want to heal properly, but this no activity is killing me!)

Amy, LOVE the pictures of Annie and happy to hear that you both are doing well and that Colby is enjoying his role as big brother! Are you starting to feel cabin fever yet? I did okay for week one, but now at the end of week two I want to be moving more.

kittycatss, I would encourage you not to think in the negative already! I started my pregnancy thinking that if I could run until 6 months that I would be happy. 6 months rolled along and I still felt great so I thought, maybe I can make it to 7 and it just continued that way all the way until I was overdue. I live in Seattle so I ran all through the cold, dark and rainy winter. I know you'll get more snow/ice than we do and for your safety you should stay off the road/trails at that point. I live in a very active community and never once had anyone comment negatively on my running while pregnant. If I had, I probably would have said something like, "I'm sorry you feel that way, I've been a runner for about 10 years and my doctor completely supports my running throughout pregnancy."

Lexi, waiting to hear the news on your little man's arrival! Hope you are doing great together or hanging in there if you are still waiting.

Wishing all the sick ladies a quick recovery. Good luck to all for your exercise and nutrition goals for the week!

Holly
  • vkcooper
    Options
    Hello Ladies:
    I have been on MFP for 3 weeks now, and last week we found out we are expecting again. We are anxious to find out our due date and what restrictions the doctor is going to put on me. our last pregnancy went really bad...

Feb 5 2010 I was called High Risk in my pregnancy and because my baby was only getting 10% of my calories Drs told me to increase my calories to 8000 a day! Eating every 2 hrs was exhausting but I did it to help her grow. On March 10 2010 I delievered our baby girl at 25 weeks 4 days of pregnancy. She passed away 10 days later from complications with being premature. After I loss Gracie I continued to eat and eat and eat.

I hope this one will be sooooo much better
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Virginia first of all congratulations and welcome to the group! I'm so sorry to hear about your angel baby... Hopefully this pregnancy will be completely different for you! We are all about staying fit and healthy here so hopefully you can continue to do your workouts and eat healthy meals for you and baby! Welcome!

Holly I can see me doing/feeling the same thing if I were in your situation! No movement what so ever would drive me batty! I'd hope that if you are healing well and your body feels up to it, that telling you that you can do light walking should be in the cards....but some docs are just more cautious that others. So whatever the doc tells ya... I'll be thinking about ya! Hope sweet Ellie is doing wonderful. :)

Oh Amy...how sweet is that face?! I could just snuggle and kiss it forever (which is what I'm sure she gets! lol). You are doing awesome! Half the weight after 5 days...that is awesome! We are also planning after Charlee is born to have one more baby and then be done. I think 2 is a perfect amount for us as well :) I'm so happy for you and happy that sweet Annie has blessed your life and completed your beautiful family!

Lexi I saw that you too gave birth to a handsome little man! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Tell us all about the labor/delivery!!!

Today is supposed to get up to about 80*F so this morning I am going on a 5 mile hike then going to do an hour of strength training with Tracy Anderson method. My goal for this week is to do 6 days workout, not eat out more than 2 meals, and start being more consistent with my kegels/squats/pelvic rocks to prepare for baby. :)

Hope all of you ladies have a wonderfully active and healthy day!