Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies-

Just a quick note- Ended up getting the flu shot this weekend. Didn't know there were options for pregnant women. So be sure to ask your doctor about them....

I ended up getting the flu shot that does not have mercury and that is perservative free.

I'm not sure the baby liked it, I was naseaus most of Friday but was feeling back to my regular self on Saturday.

Happy Monday ladies (and I'll read up when I get a minute)
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. It's so exciting to read about all the new beautiful babies. Congrats to all!

My task this week is to get back to healthier eating. I've really allowed myself to slip the past couple weeks and I can definitely feel it affecting my mood and my energy and the lovely indegestion that comes along with it.

I plan to ask my doc today if he would allow me to start a little more exercise now that I'm past the worry stages of preterm labor. Probably a long shot, but I'm so anxious to getting back to feeling like me! I bumped into a boxing trainer over the weekend while out watching the fights, just talking about the workouts with him has me so excited to get back into it!

Does anyone know what age is safe for me to start jogging with the baby in a jogging stroller?
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Annie is adorable!! :) Congratulations!

We went to a wedding in Asheville this weekend and had a great time. I can't wait to go back and spend about a week there. That town is so cool! I got to meet more of my husband's side of the family and they are all wonderful. :) Eric went out with his cousins after the wedding reception and didn't get home till almost 4am. I was pretty annoyed to say the least, but he hadn't seen them in years so I tried to not let it bother me too bad. He never goes out without me either so that made it a little easier to look past. Not to say that I didn't let him know how I felt about it though! haha! It was so nice to be back home last night and sleep in our bed. I've been doing a lot better at sleeping on my side, but it's really making my back and hips hurt. I need to get one of those nice body pillows.

My goals for this week are to eat healthier and get to the gym 3-4 days.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. Congrats on the new babies! So cute! And welcome new peeps.

We had a nice weekend with family in town. We were able to also enjoy our basement for the first time on Saturday! It turned out really nice and it is a relief to not have that hanging over our heads. Saturday we walked to the coffee shop and around the farmers market and that is about all the activity I got which I pretty much expected. I finally got some maternity clothes. Unfortunately my pants are being altered this week so one more week of creative wardrobe. It's supposed to warm up so at least I can do skirts and dresses again this week.

Someone earlier asked how to join - you joined by replying to this thread. It's open forum so type as you like! Heather, thanks for the reminder about fitness and health. I think it's a good idea to reprioritize and set goals every Monday; I know I do mentally. I am a litst person so writing things down helps me stay focused. However I really appreciate all of the non-fitness related info we all share too - maternity clothes tips, info about flu shots, hearing about showers and names, etc. so hope to continue to see that as well.

Anyways, here are my goal this week:

Monday - 30 mins strength; 30 mins cardio
    Tuesday - I'm getting a facial after work! Happy early birthday to me! Maybe a short dog walk
    Wednesday - Swim 3/4 - 1 mile
    Thursday run/walk 40 minutes, stretching and roll my hips (foam roller....I have very tight IT bands)
    Friday - maybe try a little yoga; I need to get a prenatal DVD
    Saturday - walk (to coffee shop and will be walking as Im going to the UK/FL game and parking far from the stadium)
    Sunday - try to do something active - celan, walk, whatever

Drink 10 glasses of water a day.

Hope you all have a great week! I'm still feeling good although it is rainy and dark here today and I was really dreading coming to work. Speaking of, I better get motivated. I'll check back soon!

-Ashley
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning you guys!! So sorry that I haven't been around, this past week and weekend were crazy! I've been getting my exercise in playing volleyball with my team, I think last Monday I almost overdid it, I was completely wiped out. It's funny watching my team when I play against them, they are so afraid that i am going to hurt myself. I love playing and it is great exercise!!

Congrats on all the new Blessing that I missed this week!!

Welcome to all the newbies!!

I met with my midwife yesterday. I am 34 wks and 4 days today, midwife says everything is looking good. Babies head is down and I'm measuring 35. I will see her again in 2 wks. then every week after that. I can't believe it is so close!! I've been having lots of Braxton hicks this past week, Gretchen(my midwife) says that my body is gearing up, Hurray!!!

You guys have a WONDERFUL week!!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I haven’t been too good at keeping track of this board the past couple weeks. I actually haven’t been too good at much at all the past couple weeks! I plan to change all that this week, here are my goals:
    -Eat out only once this week (instead of almost everyday the last two weeks)
    -Work out at least 40minutes a day (yoga, zumba, walking, etc…)
    -drink lots of water
    -read up on everyone’s posts!
    I finally got a dr! And I go to my first appointment with her next week, and id really like to be back into my old healthy habits when I do see her.
    I did get offered a nuchal translucency scan (to check for down syndrome) for next week, and was wondering how many girls have actually done this scan? I was hesitant to do it at all since it’s not mandatory and I don’t know how much I even want to know.

Ash
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

Exercise plan this week:
    Monday--Strength/cardio 30 mins
    Tuesday--Yoga 30 mins
    Wednesday--Strenth/cardio 30 mins
    Thursday--2 mile jog (depends on weather)
    Friday--Yoga 30 mins
    Saturday--Strength/cardio 30 mins
    Sunday--2 mile jog (depends on weather)

Feeling pretty good this morning. 11 weeks this week, so I'm hoping the nauseous evenings end soon! Planning to try exercising as soon as I get home from work before the nausea kicks in...fingers crossed!!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Love the pics of Annie she is so precious!!:flowerforyou:

Had a pretty whirlwind weekend - drove to Moose Jaw Saskatchewan and back - left Saturday morning back Sunday night (16 hours driving in total) needless to say I didn't get any exercise in this weekend and I was so uncomfortable in that car! I kept getting pains under my left breast kind of near my ribs, like a constant aching and cramping - was not fun...but we made it. So glad to be home.
    My exercise goals for this week - I have a personal training session tonight at 5:00 and 90 min iyengar yoga class on Thursday, and I'm hoping to get some walks in as well and to also ride my spin bike at home.
    I am so tired today I can barely see straight! lol hoping it goes by fast.

Having a really hard time with baby names - mostly just for if it's a girl, we pretty much have the name picked if it's a boy.
    9 more days until our ultrasound and hopefully getting to find out if it's a boy or a girl!! :bigsmile: so excited!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday:flowerforyou:
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Woo hoo! I did my last long run yesterday 11.5 miles before my half marathon! I felt great... I have been running a bit slower lately. Not really sure why, but I am not going to sweat it. The half is on October 3rd and I hope to complete it in 2 hours and 30 minuets or less! Have a good week ladies... :)
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Hi Fit, Fab Mamas,

Just checking in. Annie is 5 days old today. Where does the time go? :wink:

Things are going great. She's a perfectly content baby girl who resembles her brother when he was born 16.5 months ago. It's amazing! I was hoping they'd look alike and have similar dispositions. So far so good. She breastfeeds every 3 hours and even pulls a 4-5 hour snooze from 4 am - 8 am (just when I need it most). Her older brother Colby is still giddy in her presence. He's doing so great with her, trying to be as gentle as a toddler can be. As for me, post- surgery I'm recovering nicely. Have lost nearly half the 'baby weight' five days later so I'm pretty pleased about that! I still look about 3-4 months pregnant and that makes me kinda sad remembering what it was like with Annie inside me... I love pregnancy so much! Now with my son and daughter I'm pretty sure this is it for us. I've had two wonderful pregnancies and received two healthy babies. I'm blessed.

Without further adieu - Here's Annie one hour old:

photo1-3.jpg

And Annie almost five days old:

photo4-1.jpg

EDIT TO SAY: That's Daddy's hairy chest in second photo, not mine... Just so we're clear! Haha!!

Keep up the great work, Ladies. Look forward to your little arrivals.

xo Amy

Oh my goodness.... so cute.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Goals this week:

1. Get over this sickeness.
    2. I checked out the Lindsey Brin P Yoga, I want to give it a try 2 days & continue with the 20-30 mins walks. The weather is finally lowering from triple digits so I can add a power lunch walk soon.

Congrats Lexi!

Amy -thanks for sharing the pictures, she is beautiful!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Sounds like another great weekend for everyone.

Congrats 911 girl Annie is so adorable!!!!

Lexi - Congrats to you as well. Can't wait to hear about your experience.

Rayna - I was wondering about that sharp yet slight pain, I've been getting it kind of often on my right side though. I plan on asking my doctor about it. I think at this point it's to high to have anything to do with the baby, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

abeare - Congrats on finding a doctor!!! I bet that releives some stress. DS test - I opted not to do it this time, either way I will be blessed with a beautiful baby, and there are actually a lot of false positives with that test. I figured why stress myself out. I actually had a friend deliver a baby a few months ago who was supposed to be DS positive, she even prepared went to counseling and everthing learning how to care for a ds baby/child, turns out NOTHING was wrong with her at all. Kind of scary for her, but she has a beautiful healthy baby girl with absolutely nothing wrong. Thank God!!! :)

As for me - Luckily my son spent last Friday night with my parents and I slept for 12 hours straight! Much needed, and a great way to start my weekend! Last Saturday was another football game, so far we are undefeated!!! Yay! Sunday was the county fair about 30 minutes away so needless to say, I spent 4 hours walking around watching my son ride all the rides and play tons of games. It was GREAT!!!

I have a super busy week ahead of me! Help with wrestling sign ups today and tomorrow, football game tomorrow night and Wednesday night, Thursday - open so far, besides work and football practice, Friday, wrestling practice starts!!! All this on top of working at my crazy busy job this week!!

Goals: (definately not set in stone)

Tonight - Yoga - I'm really starting to love it, and it makes my back feel so much better.
    Tomorrow - football game - will consist of walking up and down the feild and standing for 2 hours.
    Wednesday - again football - probably help in concessions too
    Thursday, Yoga, and walk
    Friday - Walk while my sons at wresting practice.
    Never sure what the weekends will bring but were always busy doing something.

Drink at least 12 cups of water a day, kinda slacked on that yesterday. Also, try to be in bed by 10:00PM to get a lot of rest to keep up with this crazy week!!!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Mommas!
    Congrats Lexi!
    Amy she is beautiful!

Goals for this week.
    1. Eat out only 2 times! (I've been really bad the last week or so)
    2. Zumba-Monday and Thursday, DVD-Wednesday and Friday, Walk- Tuesday and Saturday
    3. Water, water, water

**Vent Alert!**
    Well, Hubs and I had a horrible Friday... Went to our rental to evict our tenant (hasn't paid for 5 months) and found a vacant disgusting pigpen complete with dog feces everywhere! :mad: We have A LOT of work ahead of us. It is in worse shape than when we bought it. It just breaks our heart to see how easily she tore it apart after we put so much time and effort into it. :frown: The worse part is that she is raising 5 kids and influencing their lives with her lack of responsibility and disgusting way of life. It's just sad, but we live and we learn. I know with our next tenant I will not be as nice. I feel so bad too, because I can't help clean it up at this point. It is definitely not a place for a pregnant person to even walk through, let alone clean. So, DH and his parents are going in on Tuesday to start bagging up the clothing and stuff they left behind and all the *kitten*.
    In addition to the rental, I found out that the large company that my work is partnered with is cutting our partnership. Which translates to a huge chunk of $$ out of the picture not only for my work, but also for me! That partnership brings in a huge chuck of cash that DH and I really rely on for the bills and stuff. So now finding a good renter is a bigger priority to make up for the loss. AHHHHH!
    Sorry for the out burst, but I really needed to get that out before I exploded! :flowerforyou:
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Mistiberman, Thanks for the info! I knew the tests weren’t all that accurate but didn’t think of the idea of a false positive. I already know I’d keep the baby no matter what, I was just trying to decide if knowing would help me prepare or just give me extra stress! Lots to think about.

Kim, Oh no! I hate that your tenants did that to you, and after all that work you put into that place! I really hope it looks worse than it is and that it takes no time to clean up, but even more so, I hope you find the ideal tenant!

Ash,
  • smilegirl
    smilegirl Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all ~

Wanted to say hi and let you all know that Ellie and I are doing great. She's eating well and doing lots of sleeping. The life of a newborn isn't so bad! I pulled out my Moby wrap today and she LOVES being snuggled in with me. I've been eating like crazy to keep up with the breastfeeding and the weight is just pouring off. I am a little concerned and will see what my doctor thinks at my appointment on Wednesday. I'm currently only 4 pounds up from pre-pregnancy weight, which means I've lost 24 pounds in the last 12 days.

Lexi, Congratulations! Do we have a name for your little boy?

Heather, 50 days left! Get ready it starts going really fast....your workout for the day sounds great! I am jealous, but am living vicariously through all my fit, active pregnant friends.

Virginia, welcome! This is a great group for support and motivation for a fit and fabulous pregnancy. I pray this pregnancy is much better for you.

Danielle, I too am ready to work out!! I don't know how you've stayed sane with being limited almost your whole pregnancy. I guess I should be thankful that it is just a six week hiatus for me. I think the opinions vary greatly in regards to when you can start with the baby in the jogging stroller. I checked with my pediatrician at Ellie's first appointment and she was okay with me starting once my doctor clears me for exercise. If it were me, I'd stick with their advice.

Babeed, Glad you are feeling better!

Kristy, sounds like you had a great weekend, but it's always nice to sleep in your own bed again. My hips got horribly sore from side sleeping and it got worse as I got bigger. I tell you it's the nicest feeling to sleep normally after delivery!

Ashley, love your goals for the week! I also love hearing about your active walking/farmer's market weekends - sounds right up my alley.

Kalee, glad you are feeling good and staying active towards the end. I am a firm believer that it helps with the labor/delivery process. These final weeks will go quickly.

Ash, yeah! Finally you have a doctor! I did do additional screening during my pregnancy due to my Advanced Maternal Age (just love that title, ha!) At your age, you have much lower risks so I say do what is right for you. My husband and had many discussions on what we would do if we knew something was wrong with our bambino so we were both on the same page going into our testing. Luckily, no false positives for us and we did get a wonderful, healthy babmbina!

Kristin, great goals for the week!

Rayna, sounds like you had a long weekend. So sorry to hear of your loss. Enjoy your personal training tonight, I bet you are going to sleep great this evening.

Millionsofpeaches, Great run! I too felt like a major slug running in my first trimester, but by the 2nd and early 3rd I had much more energy to run again. Just think of all the work your body is doing right now to grown that precious baby. I think I was averaging between a 10-11 minute mile at the end (I'm normally about an 8.5 min mile). Good luck at the 1/2 marathon.

Brenda, let your body heal. No need to push the exercise if you are still feeling under the weather. Sometimes that is our bodies clue that we just need to sit it out for a short time. You'll be back at it soon enough

Misti, ahhh...I loved yoga during pregnancy. It just made me feel so good. Take care of yourself with the busy week ahead.

Kim, ugh! Sorry to hear about the stress. Hopefully you can shake your booty at Zumba and work some of that stress out.

Wishing everyone success with your goals this week!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

I did get offered a nuchal translucency scan (to check for down syndrome) for next week, and was wondering how many girls have actually done this scan? I was hesitant to do it at all since it’s not mandatory and I don’t know how much I even want to know.

Ash

I didn't take any of the tests. They offered me one at 12 weeks to test for Down, spinal biffida (sp?) and another. At first I was all for it; we'd get an early ultrasound, etc. and have peace of mind. When I talked to my dr. she should that is was absolutely not intended to get you an early ultrasound and that you were not given a yes or no answer rather a scale on 1 to 10 on what your chance was. Following, you could opt for a amnio to find our for sure. Given that we would keep the baby regardless, we opted to not stress ourselves out and just let whatever happen. At our u/s everything looked good!

Anyone else having extreme "digestive issues"? This past week I have been extrememly gassy. I hope noone comes into my work area for the rest of the day. :blushing:
  • kittycatsss
    Options
    Hi ladies. Well I'm 24 weeks today. :-) I got up this morning and jogged about 3 miles and it felt really good. I actually got my husband to go with me yesterday, though he could only make it about 1 mile. He joined myfitnesspal yesterday and is hoping to lose about 50lbs. He's currently 260 at 5'11" He's still nervous about me jogging because I'm super klumsy anymore but after going with me yesterday he realized I'm not that out of shape just yet.:wink:

I have my 24 week checkup tomorrow and hoping I haven't gained another 6lbs like I did last month...lol. I'm trying to keep it at a pound a week if I can, but it always comes in jumps for me. I haven't gained anything for 3 weeks, but I gained 3lbs in a couple of days a few weeks ago. Does anyone else experience this? I used to think it was maybe water retention, but it never goes away. I've only gained about 10lbs so far anyway so I'm really right on track.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Babeed glad you are feeling better! :)

Danielle I agree with Holly...You are quite the trooper for staying sane throughout your haitus from working out! I'd go nuts. I guess it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doc...but I'm guessing that they want the baby to stay in there as long as possible and for you to have a healthy delivery! Soon enough you will be able to workout again! As far as jogging with the baby, most of my friends have started as soon as they were given the go ahead to workout (usually a week to two after delivery) and the babies LOVE the movement of the jog and sleep the entire time. :)

Kristy sounds like a wonderful weekend! I would have been a little perturbed as well...but would probably have done the same and been understanding with the circumstances. I highly recommend the body pillow I have...it has been a lifesaver!

Ashley sounds like you had a great weekend as well! Yay for finishing the basement and enjoying it! Also, I love talking about all the "ins and outs" of our pregnancies with each other. I just wanted to remind everyone that the main goal for this forum is to stay healthy and keep ourselves and each other motivated to continue with our healthy eating habits and our workouts and not become lazy and complacent! There are lots of pregnancy boards where women who aren't active can go...but I'd like to think we are all in the company of women who pride themselves with being very fit and active even during their pregnancy. :) Great goals by the way.

Kalee my BH are crazy lately. I get them all the time. I've had them since about week 15 or so and they are just got stronger and more frequent now that I too am rounding the corner. Hoping this means my uterus is in tip top shape and fit to push this little girl out when it is time! Great job on staying active with your volleyball girls!

Ash the first trimester is hard to stay in a rhythm of anything (eating healthy, working out, etc). Your body is going haywire. This too shall pass and it is so much easier to get into a routine when your body finds some "normalcy". Just try your best and your goals sound awesome. I didn't get the NT scan but I did do the Triple Screen blood test. My doc did warn against false positives, but she also said that even people who have false positives are followed more closely cause they tend to have preterm labors or some other kind of medical problems not necessarily having to deal with genetic disorders of the baby. I of course would have kept the baby regardless but I'm one to want to be prepared even if unnecessary worry ensued. But it is a very personal choice you and your husband needs to make. Oh and YAY for finding a doctor! :)

Kristen GREAT goals for the week! You go girl!

Rayna sorry you had a tough go this weekend. I bet you can't wait to catch up on some sleep. What names are you tossing around? I love hearing baby names. There are so many awesome ones out there!

Millionsofpeaches you are doing awesome! Slower is okay as long as you are still DOING it! I'm sure you will do great in your half marathon. My best friend ran a half during her first trimester and the only complaint she had was that she had to stop twice to pee and that of course made her time slower. lol

Luna hope you feel better soon!

Misti I'm thinking of doing some yoga tonight too. Now that I'm rounding the corner to delivery time I know it will help so much to add in some stretching and yoga for the labor/delivery. Good luck on the goals this week!

Kim that sucks about the tenant. I know you and your hubby have put a lot of work into that property. Is the same tenant you've gone back and forth with trying to get rent or another one? Either way, you've had some pretty bad luck! I hope the next tenant is great and just lives there and pays rent like a normal person! Good luck with your goals this week.

Holly I've heard that women who exercise and eat healthy during their pregnancies, no matter how much they gain tend to shed it like crazy after the baby is born. (I'm obviously praying for this to be the case for me as well. I've never been able to drop weight easily so that would be wonderful!!!) I'm sure the doc will say that if Ellie is growing and eating that they aren't worried. Just keep feeding your body healthy foods to fuel the production of the milk and I'm sure it will be fine. I got a a wrap very similar to a Moby wrap. I can't wait to carry Charlee around in it. When is your next doc appt? Glad everything is going well for you and sweet Ellie.

kittycatsss 10lbs at 24 weeks I think you are doing pretty awesome. I wouldn't worry about the jump here and there in weight. It usually evens itself out. Great job on the jog.

I had an awesome hike this morning. I'm guessing it is the baby getting bigger, but I'm feeling more tugging/stitch like pains than before. I'm wearing my maternity belt and my belly really isn't THAT big. Sometimes it is worse than others depending on how she is sitting. If it keeps up I may have to resort to low impact like elliptical and the bike (both of which I say "bleh" to).... I miss my cardio kickboxing class dearly. I miss high intensity, sweat inducing, heart pumping workouts...My only pregnancy complaint. Well I hope you ladies are having a wonderful day. Good luck on those goals!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!

kittycatsss-
    1st trimester: modify your goals to maintenance
    2nd and 3rd trimesters: add 300 calories to your maintenance goals

MidniteDayDream-
    perhaps setup a schedule of things that need to be done for baby preparation, and only bring up those topics according to the schedule of completion. This might help you to not overload him with too much at once.

Amy and Lexi, Congrats!!!

Rayna, hope you get that much needed rest. That was a lot of latent stress on your body.

Hope all the 'under the weather' mommas feel better very soon!

Heather, thanks for the redirection! I love the emotional and mental support this forum lends because it helps to keep me healthy on those fronts as well, but we do have to make sure we keep with our physical health communications and goals as well!!

My personal exercise goals this week:
    Monday-walk min 3 miles
    Tuesday-cardio/strength train DVD
    Wednesday-prenatal yoga DVD
    Thursday-walk min 4 miles
    Friday-prenatal yoga DVD
    Saturday-walk 10K
    Sunday-rest/ I plan to garden this week to prep my yard for the winter. I don't want to risk this weather keeps up and I'm outside in 50 degree temps.

My personal dietary goals this week:
    Eat well-balanced, homemade meals at min 5 of 7 days this week.
    Up my water intake to 8 glasses/day. Have slipped horribly on this front and need to get back in the groove.

On another note: Have any of you ladies made your own baby food? I really love to cook and would love to be able to prepare my own baby food for my baby, but don't know (nor where to start looking) of a good recipe book. I know it seems really early given my status of '23weeks pregnant' to start researching baby food recipe books, but I want to take advantage of as much of the fresh fruit off the farms as possible. And I anticipate that baby will be eating baby food before any of this current fruit is available in 2012. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Overall, I had a very relaxing weekend, which I foresee being my last relaxing weekend for a very long time. So many tasks swimming around in my head of things that need to be accomplished before baby gets here, and I don't want to, nor do I have the luxury of pushing anything off to the last several weeks of pregnancy. Being due immediately following the holidays, in addition to family coming in from overseas for those holidays, means those weeks will be very uneventful for task tackling. Anyone else feel those minor pangs of anxiety over having enough time in the day to accomplish everything?

Hope you all have a great day ladies!!
  • rosannabarbaroflores
    Options
    Hi ladies. Well I'm 24 weeks today. :-) I got up this morning and jogged about 3 miles and it felt really good. I actually got my husband to go with me yesterday, though he could only make it about 1 mile. He joined myfitnesspal yesterday and is hoping to lose about 50lbs. He's currently 260 at 5'11" He's still nervous about me jogging because I'm super klumsy anymore but after going with me yesterday he realized I'm not that out of shape just yet.:wink:

I have my 24 week checkup tomorrow and hoping I haven't gained another 6lbs like I did last month...lol. I'm trying to keep it at a pound a week if I can, but it always comes in jumps for me. I haven't gained anything for 3 weeks, but I gained 3lbs in a couple of days a few weeks ago. Does anyone else experience this? I used to think it was maybe water retention, but it never goes away. I've only gained about 10lbs so far anyway so I'm really right on track.

kittycatsss: Did the decision for your husband to lose weight come from him or did you talk to your husband about the weight loss? My husband is about the same height and weight (I believe just shorter than yours), and I would really love for him to start setting goals to becoming a healthier version of himself, but every time I broach the issue I am met with a level of resistance that creates a strain on our relationship. If you have any words of advice on this, I would greatly appreciate it!