Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant-September 2011

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Morning-

Didn't get to go on an outdoor walk due to rain, but Hubby and I haded to the mall and did a few laps. Also gave me a chance to stop at Motherhood and take a peek at the jeans they have. Was able to purchase 2 jeans for this fall/winter and 1 pair of clearance jean capri's to finish out the summer.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    abeare ~ Definitely no fun being nauseous! I had afternoon & mainly nighttime nausea. No puking, but it was bad enough. It kicked my butt. When I hit 12 weeks exactly, it stopped. Now it's just very occasionally if I'm overly hungry. Hope it passes for you soon!

I missed working out yesterday (excuse = too tired). But I have all my gear on now & am determined to workout for at least 30 minutes....but hoping for an hour.

babeed ~ Yay for maternity jeans! I have yet to wear mine. I got a pair from that store as well...but I feel like the regular's just weren't long enough, so I pull them down, but then the pants crotch goes down & that doesn't look good...I'm sure in a couple months, I won't even care though. I already have a couple of my regular pants that are no longer going to be buttoned when I wear them :bigsmile:
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    babeed ~ Yay for maternity jeans! I have yet to wear mine. I got a pair from that store as well...but I feel like the regular's just weren't long enough, so I pull them down, but then the pants crotch goes down & that doesn't look good...I'm sure in a couple months, I won't even care though. I already have a couple of my regular pants that are no longer going to be buttoned when I wear them :bigsmile:

h_82 it's so funny that you mention that because that was exactly what i was doing last night!! i felt like the crotch was too low and tried to keep pulling them up until the lady told me they were "low rise" jeans....OOooohhhhh....my bad, I didn't know I could wear low rise jeans in maternity (especially when I have a big ole elastic around my waist) LMAO!!!

I also branched out. I bought one with the small elastic (like a 2 inch band) and then 1 with the full elastic band....they both seem ok, but I'll keep you posted on which I prefer more...LOL
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'd like to go to Motherhood this weekend and look on the sale rack. I'm going to need some black pants for work very soon! My normal pants are getting snug. I've been wearing them unbuttoned with a belly band over the top, but it's still not as comfy as I'd like. I'm also going to need jeans soon because I'm gaining in my legs and butt too. :( I've gained about 6-7 pounds so far. More than I would have liked, but oh well. I'm working out and eating healthy (for the most part) so I'm not too worried about it.
    I didn't get my work out in last night, but I'll be going today. My goal was to work out 3-4 days this week and I've worked out 3 already so as long as I go today then I'm good. :)

I've discovered I can't eat beans. I made a nice bean soup the other day and every time I've eaten it I've become extremely bloated. You can feel a huge gas bubble at the top of my abdomen an hour or so later. lol It's too bad because it's really good!! :)

So glad it's Friday!!!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

Sooo the experiment with the doll I bought yesterday worked really well! I had yoga right after work and then my church worship meeting right after so I didn't get home until 9:15ish - but I introduced Sophie to the "baby" (from Wal-mart lol) and she was SO excited at first and trying to jump at me while wagging her tail and shaking lol she was soooo curious. I told her down and sit and she listened the first time! Then I sat on the couch and she laid down right beside me wagging her tail at warp speed and timidly trying to sniff the "baby" if she got too excited I just said "No" and she stopped! She was sooo good, she impressed me and was so much more well behaved and sweet than I expected. I'm so glad that babeed told me about this because I feel so much more comfortable now that she won't be too crazy and I know now that she will listen! Also, last night we just wrapped Sophie up in a blanket towards the end of our bed and Jay took her water away after supper and she slept the WHOLE night without getting up once, even when I got up to pee in the middle of the night! I feel like it's a miracle! lol :bigsmile:
    Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions!

5 days until my u/s and our prenatal classes are next weekend! HOLY CRAP! So excited!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!!

Sooo the experiment with the doll I bought yesterday worked really well! I had yoga right after work and then my church worship meeting right after so I didn't get home until 9:15ish - but I introduced Sophie to the "baby" (from Wal-mart lol) and she was SO excited at first and trying to jump at me while wagging her tail and shaking lol she was soooo curious. I told her down and sit and she listened the first time! Then I sat on the couch and she laid down right beside me wagging her tail at warp speed and timidly trying to sniff the "baby" if she got too excited I just said "No" and she stopped! She was sooo good, she impressed me and was so much more well behaved and sweet than I expected. I'm so glad that babeed told me about this because I feel so much more comfortable now that she won't be too crazy and I know now that she will listen! Also, last night we just wrapped Sophie up in a blanket towards the end of our bed and Jay took her water away after supper and she slept the WHOLE night without getting up once, even when I got up to pee in the middle of the night! I feel like it's a miracle! lol :bigsmile:
    Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions!

5 days until my u/s and our prenatal classes are next weekend! HOLY CRAP! So excited!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!

YEAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! So glad the doll worked for you!! Doggies are a lot smarter than we give them credit for :wink:
    We're going on a road trip (and Neena always comes with us) but we're going to buckle in the car seat and the doll...let you know next week how that goes!

Now the u/s in 5 days is REALLY something to be excited about!! :flowerforyou:
  • H_82
    Options
    I even got a pair of maternity jeans (on sale) at JCPenny's & they were long so I was super excited to try them. Well....they seem a little bit bigger in the width of the legs (room to grow I suppose), they were long enough, but when I pulled them up to where they needed to be (crotch area), the butt pockets were SO high up on my tush....it just looks ridiculous. So they might be going back....we'll see.

I thought that I'd like the belly bands better, but they just seem awkward & like they'll just ride up. Maybe they'll be better when the belly is bigger...
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I do usually have to adjust the band when I stand up so that's a little annoying, but it's allowing me to wear my normal pants longer so I'm dealing with it for now. I have two. One is longer than the other and the long one seems to do a better job at staying in place. I need to get some cute black boots so I can rock more leggings...so comfy! :)

I need to try the baby doll thing. My little dogs (especially my Yorkie) are pretty spoiled. My Yorkie is a barker so that's going to be the hardest part I think. Both dogs sleep in bed with us and I don't know if I'm going to make them stop or not because I don't plan on letting the baby sleep in bed with us. I'd like to have it in the nursery from the beginning, but we'll see. Pia, our Chihuahua, sleeps under the blankets at the foot of the bed and Spike, our Yorkie, sleeps on my pillow next to me. :) Since Eric flies a lot and he needs adequate rest, I plan on feeding the baby in the nursery when he/she wakes up at night. I don't want to keep Eric up longer than necessary.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're getting your dog issues worked out Rayna. Our dog is spoiled but has never slept in bed with us. She wants to be pet and when we stop, she loses interest and gets down. Now she is too old (13-14) to get up into our tall bed. She used to be about 75 pounds but in her old age she's lost a lot of muscle mass and is down to about 55 now. She's still in good shape - loves walks and gets up and down steps fine. Sometimes she sleeps in our carpeted, air conditioned walk in closet and sometimes downstairs in the guest room. She has gone through phases where she waskes us up 2-4 times a night and won't calm down, tap dancing around the wood floors. She has been much better lately. Unfortunately she has been having some accidents randomly. I'm not sure how she'll adjust to the baby. She hasn't acted much different around me since I've been preggo; maybe a little protective. I think she may be indifferent to the baby once she's here. She's really good with kids though so I'm not worried about her.

I am glad to report I had an awesome workout last night. I went for a run/walk for almost 50 minutes and it felt so good. The weather was perfect - mid 70's with no humidity. I forgot how much I truly love running and even though I was slow and walked about a minute for every 5-7, I hope I can keep it up. I did have some discomfort in my lower belly. I was thinking of how to describe it and my best description was that it was a mix between mild menstrual cramps and the feeling I get in my lower gut when I am very constipated. Honestly before I got pregnant I had issues with constipation and I would get similar pain while running sometimes, but it was never as regular as it was last night. After I stopped running, I was totally fine. The pain was mild so I thought it may just be ligaments stretching. Any other runners have similar experience? I definitely don't want to do anyting unsafe, but everything else felt fine. I even rolled my legs, glutes, and back with my faom roller and my whole body just felt good. It has definitely motivated me to pick my running back up at least once a week. And fall is my favorite time to run. Happy first day of fall!

Our weekend plans include a Univ. of KY football game tomorrow with a bunch of old college friends. Shoudl be fun despite no drinking for tailgating. Hopefully the weather will be nice since the game will probably be ugly. Other than that I'd like to start looking at stuff for the nursery. I want to do a bird and tree theme. I found a really cute trees/bird simple mural I think i can pull off. My bro-in-law is also a nature photographer and specializes in birds so I'm hoping to get some pics of baby birds to frame from him. I'm thinking earth tones with accents of pink and green depending on bedding and stuff we pick out. I can't believe after months of painting I am actually excited about painting again.

Have a great weekend ladies!

-Ashley
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    H 82 - I know what you mean about maternity jeans being too short. All the one's I've got except one pair are too short. I'm not that tall, but they all fit weird. Let me know if you find a brand that works, I need some, my regular jeans are way too tight, so I went back to my size 7's and they are even too tight. Guess I'm gaining in my butt!!! :sad:

Ashley - Your nursery theme sounds so cute!

Rayna - So glad your dog did better. Probably will just take her some time to adjust and she'll be fine!!

AFM: I have a weekend planned of doing nothing but staying home, organizing and cleaning. It's been a crazy week and I am getting behind. I thought I was past the morning sickness, but I guess it's back. Been so nauseated the last couple days, I actually hope it's morning sickness and not the flu or something like that. Maybe a weekend at home without all the running around will really help. So my visit a few weeks ago to the ER, they said my pelvis is tilting, I've been doing my exercises and it's not helping. Yoga helps some, but my back hurts so bad!!!! I've been taking short 10-15 minute walks everyday about 3 times while at work, and it helps while I'm walking but after I sit again for a while, it hurts!!!! I keep waking up in the middle of the night on my stomach. I don't think it can hurt the baby, but it's freaking me out when I wake up, feel like I'm squishing it. Baby movement is so much more noticable this week and it's kicking/punching/squirming harder and a lot more often. I love it!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!! Mine will be super busy if I make it though without puking, I'm sure I'll be working extra hours today, it's crazy around here.
  • taldie01
    Options
    ha ha Rayna thats so cute. Sophie will love the baby when it comes, i cant believe your US is coming up so fast, Im so excited for you!

Well Im just about 9 weeks and pretty much non of my dress pants fit :grumble: I know it has to with this being my second baby and me not running as much and eating waay more carbs then I usually do. Gonna have to dig up some old maternity clothes.
    Im starting my aquasize class next week, excited about that, diont get a work out in yesterday. My hubby is out of town on work and I have a 2 yearold who was quite unruly yesterday and this morning. Im so scared about how Im going to work out when I have 2 kids, its tough with just one. Just gotta make it happen I gues

Hoping to get a run in this weekend and mabe a yoga class?

Happy friday everyone
  • H_82
    Options
    kristy ~ The boots that I absolutely love are by Naughty Monkey. I had a pair last year & wore them all the time (even over jeans). Wore them so much in the winter that they just get funny looking after having so much snow salt on them (even after wiping it off...the leather just deteriorates (sp?)). So I got the same pair recently on sale for $35ish @ amazon. I see the price has gone up a bit, but here's what they look like if you're interested:
    http://www.amazon.com/Naughty-Monkey-Womens-Revival-Black/dp/B0038LEZYU/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1316795813&sr=8-11

mitsi ~ I'll let you know if I find any & you do the same! Otherwise I'll just be going buttonless :bigsmile:
  • Raynamama
    Options
    Also...I forgot to mention I had an excellent 90 min iyengar yoga class last night. Lots of leg work so my legs are really sore already today! I honestly wish I could do that yoga class everyday! It's so amazing and it just makes me feel so good!

Hoping to do my prenatal yoga dvd tomorrow morning and get a walk in with Sophie, then maybe do some weights on Sunday.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Ashley...I have lower ab pressure when I run also. I do run/walk intervals. My doctor told me to keep my heart rate under 140 (which is impossible) so I run until my HR reaches around 165 (which is normal for me) and then walk until it's back down to around 130 or so. Seems to be working. But yes, I have the pressure also (I don't like to call it pain b/c it doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable).
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hi ladies.

Well...I am wearing maternity jeans today...at 11 weeks...rediculous!! But my other pants just don't cut it anymore. I normally wear size 8-10. Those are WAY too tight. So I pulled out some 12's I had in the closet from a while back and those are too big! Gah...maternity pants it is. Oh well...

Got in a good run/walk yesterday and today did the LB prenatal strength/cardio 1st trimester workout. Feeling good these days! I can't believe most of my nausea is already gone! YAY!!! I swear it took longer and was worse for my first pregnancy!

Have a great day!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ash, thanks. Yeah the dog chewed everything and one of the doors looked like they kicked it in or something, because the frame was messed up by the latch and stuff. Good thing it a quick fix though. I LOVE the name Evelyn! That would be a very nice surprise for your family. Too bad I can't use it ... my best friend's niece is Evelyn and I don't want something that someone I know already has. Hmmm...but with that said, I know a Cecelia too but I think it would be special enough for my family that I wouldn't care. LOL My logic is a little wacked sometimes. :ohwell: Sorry you are feeling SO sick! I hope it lets up for you soon. :flowerforyou:

Babeed & h_82, I have a hard time finding regular jeans that are long enough (and I'm not that tall at 5'4"). So thanks for the heads up on the fitting.

Yay Rayna, glad the puppy testing/training is going well! My mom has a daycare and we take Shelby over there about every other day, so she gets a lot of time in with little kids and babies. I'm glad Sophie did well and put your mind at ease. They really are amazing creatures! 5 days till my first appointment! We will both be counting down the days!

Better_Balance, great job on the run! I'm not much of a runner, so I can't help much, but walking 1 min every 5-7 sounds awesome to me! I can barely run 2-3 minutes. As a dancer, my lungs have not been trained for distance that's for sure! Also, your nursery idea sounds fantastic. Have fun!

Misti, enjoy your relaxing weekend! I can't wait to feel the babe! That has got to be one of the coolest feelings. Well, until it starts to be a quick jab to the ribs or bladder. LOL

Taldie, OOO aquasize sounds fun! I used to go to a aqua-toning class and I am really missing it. I think it might be time to go again!

Heather, you are pretty much AMAZING! I will be using you as motivation to get moving more! Great work! Thank you!

Kristin, great job on the workouts! Yay Week 11.

AFM: Hitting the 8 week mark this weekend… I hate that we found out SO early because it really is making time go by pretty slow. LOL But at least we have our first dr appointment on Wednesday, so the idea of being pregnant will become even more real. I have been pretty lucky with the not having much m/s, but my energy level is pretty much in the negative.
    To revisit….

Goals for this week.
    1. Eat out only 2 times!
    2. Zumba-Monday and Thursday, DVD-Wednesday and Friday, Walk- Tuesday and Saturday
    3. Water, water, water

Actual for this week.
    1. Ate out 4 times… BOO
    2. Walked Thursday…TOTAL FAIL
    3. Have kept up on my water all week, thank you to my 22 oz glass that I continuously refill at work.

Well I suck. Next week WILL be better. And yes I’m pretty much giving up on this week because I have to work late tonight and the in-laws will all be at our house this weekend to work on the rental.

HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL!! GO BLUE! (University of Michigan!!)
    Kristy, I am right there with you on the boots! I have been looking and looking for some! That is a must have for this winter! Thanks for the link, H_82
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Ashley...I have lower ab pressure when I run also. I do run/walk intervals. My doctor told me to keep my heart rate under 140 (which is impossible) so I run until my HR reaches around 165 (which is normal for me) and then walk until it's back down to around 130 or so. Seems to be working. But yes, I have the pressure also (I don't like to call it pain b/c it doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable).

Yes, pressure would be a better term. My dr. told me I should be able to carry on a converstaion while working out, which if I'm running on flat land, I can at my slower pace. My HR is about 160-165 too while I run. Glad to hear someone else feels the same sensation. Thanks!

And I am having the exact opposite problem with maternity clothes - everyting is too long so I am having my pants all altered this week. I am getting really sick of my one pair of jeans that fit so low they are below my belly, leggings and skirts. Next week I'll be stylin!
  • kistinbee
    Options

Yes, pressure would be a better term. My dr. told me I should be able to carry on a converstaion while working out, which if I'm running on flat land, I can at my slower pace. My HR is about 160-165 too while I run. Glad to hear someone else feels the same sensation. Thanks!

And I am having the exact opposite problem with maternity clothes - everyting is too long so I am having my pants all altered this week. I am getting really sick of my one pair of jeans that fit so low they are below my belly, leggings and skirts. Next week I'll be stylin!

Yeah...the maternity pants I bought are also on the long side...but I think they will be fine with shoes. Or I can cuff them if I need to. The few pairs I have from my first pregnancy are short...funny how that is! Oh well...
  • Raynamama
    Options
    OMG I just won a 2 day intensive prenatal class from Healthy Birth Choices in Calgary!! All from writing in about what I hope to gain from taking prenatal classes!
    Check it out!! :)http://healthybirthchoices.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage

Super fun! And my entry will be featured in Birthing Magazine! So fun! That made my day!

We live in Edmonton, so we will make a nice weekend staying in Calgary for taking these classes!
    The value is $325! I'll take it! :bigsmile:
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congrats Rayna! That's fantastic.

Hope you Hot Mamas are having a great start to your weekend and finishing up meeting your weekly goals.

Recovery in my house is going pretty good! Have made a point to get out of the house with the kids each day, rain or shine.

Very much looking forward to REALLY exercising again in about four weeks time. I'll be starting with a Lindsay Brin 60 Day Slim Down and more than likely doing another Jillian Michael's Shred.

In the meantime I have to say I'm enjoying breastfeding and eating my way to my pre-preg weight. 10 more pounds to go!