BL Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• sweetestthing
    Options
    I just want to say I found a great site to figure out my pilates and I just kicked some serious butt on my elliptical. I cleared 5.2 miles and 430 calories I ran the last 2 min so hard and fast I got up to 11 mph. Just had to share my hard work with the rest of you and hope you all are doing great.

Congrats! That was awsome!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Awesome job blue team!

I did 30mins of Power 90 Scuplt 1-2 today and then went for a 30min walk with my bf and his dog. Stayed under my calories for today and actually eat my exercise calories which I dont do too often and drank 14 glasses of water!

I also want a Polar HRM! Good thing my bday is feb 6!

Have a great day tomorrow! :drinker: :drinker:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I just finished my exercise a bit ago so now I'll have to record it. I've walked for an hour twice this week and 30 minutes the other days, in addition to my strength moves. I'm proud of myself since I usually can't stick with it.
  • kammiller
    Options
    I had to work but I did get 20 mins of stairs and some general work excercise
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got on the treadmill with my sling on and walked for 70 min. Do you think this is possible... I walked at 3.7 uphill elevated, slowed it down and did all kinds of leg lifts and kicks while I kept walking. My HR was always in the Fat Burning Zone and my HRM said I burned 733. That inluded warm up and cool down, so about 75 min totally. Do you think it's true? PS sorry to hear about your pets. Some men should get a Kempo kick between the legs!:bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    Options
    oh ya, WAIT TO GO BLUE, I'M SO PROUD OR YOU ALL, HOW'S THE H20 GOING DOWN? OH AND WAY TO CANADA FOR KICKING THE Russians butt in OT! :bigsmile:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So who is up for doing some daily challenges? This will help motivate all of us.

Walking for a certain amount of time?
    Crunches/Sit-ups?
    # of servings of fruit/veggies?
    Pushups?

Let me know. I need a challenge!!
  • hmo4
    Options
    This week it's drinking enough water each day. Great suggestions. We're going to ADD a challenge each Tues. Next week, NO SNACKING 3 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR BEDTIME. Is that ok guys? :happy:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I say that the challenge no snacking thing is fine with me for next week.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    No snacking is good but I think that we need challenges for exercise too. But maybe I am on my own here.

Everyone keep up their great work!!:drinker:
  • hmo4
    Options
    You can suggest something, we just don't want to overwhelm and have people setting too many goals at once and not making them. How about week 3? You pick!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    No, no. I totally understand that we don't want to overwhelm people at the beginning of the challenge. It is just difficult with everyone at several different fitness levels. But we will all get through this together!!!:flowerforyou:
    We need to all start easy and work up to our appropriate fitness levels. I didn't mean to come off rude, I just need to work on the exercise portion more than my eatting habits. We can all pick new goals for the following weeks!!

Your pic looks great hotmomov4!!
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I'm going to go to bed in a while before I fall asleep at the computer lol.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Why don't we do a food challenge and an exercise challenge each week?
  • jcederstrand
    Options
    I love that idea. I am having a little bit of a difficult time keeping on top of eating well and exercising as I have been on holidays. I feel like if we set up challenges both food and exercise then it would be even more of a motivator! Any challenge would be good at this time!
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I'm up and eating my breakfast : yogurt, toast, and water. Never tried that before. It has to last me until one so hopefully it will.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stick to a regular workout schedule.....trying to go for everyother day
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    My goal is to stick to a regular workout schedule.....trying to go for everyother day

That is a great goal!! My exercise goal is to complete at least 20 min of exercise per day.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge with you that's what I'm talking about I've been working out all summer so I'm not new to the workout routine. I would love to try a challenge I tried these jumping lunges yesterday it's where your in a lunge and then you jump and switch legs if that makes sense it's like left foot forward jump then right foot forward. I got the idea from Rachvr6 and they are hard I did 2 total. It really works the entire leg I would be up for things like that I don't do that kind of stuff. Simple things I think would be great push-ups, crunches, lunges, squats, the basics people for get. So what ever you can think of I'm down for.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of having an exercise and nutrition challenge each week. And, adding them up to make good habits. :flowerforyou:

We're doing awesome, Blue Team!! I love reading these posts!!

To the lady who went to Applebee's, thank you for the suggestion about Golden Corral!! I actually checked some nutrition info before I left and I had salmon, broccoli, green beans, a small piece of cornbread and some canteloupe for dessert. I didn't see any jello. :frown: But, I was SO full, I couldn't believe it!

Ya know, this site is so amazing. I have learned so much and continue learning every single day. Last night, when we were at Golden Corral, I kept looking at other people's plates and watching people while we were at the buffet. It's amazing what people put in their bodies . . . what I *used* to put in my body. It would be SO easy to consume a day's worth of calories just at one buffet. :ohwell: