BL Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that you checked on the nutrition information when you went out to dinner. It really makes a difference. You are still able to enjoy the company of your friends and family while sticking to your plan of eatting healthy!! It sounds like you had a very delicious dinner!!

I also find it interesting what people put into their bodies. I mean yes I have done it so much in the past, and yes I probably will still sneak that huge piece of chocolate cake. But we need to consider that the food we eat is fuel for our bodies. Keep up the great work!!!

I like the idea of having an exercise and nutrition challenge each week. And, adding them up to make good habits. :flowerforyou:

We're doing awesome, Blue Team!! I love reading these posts!!

To the lady who went to Applebee's, thank you for the suggestion about Golden Corral!! I actually checked some nutrition info before I left and I had salmon, broccoli, green beans, a small piece of cornbread and some canteloupe for dessert. I didn't see any jello. :frown: But, I was SO full, I couldn't believe it!

Ya know, this site is so amazing. I have learned so much and continue learning every single day. Last night, when we were at Golden Corral, I kept looking at other people's plates and watching people while we were at the buffet. It's amazing what people put in their bodies . . . what I *used* to put in my body. It would be SO easy to consume a day's worth of calories just at one buffet. :ohwell:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Wow jumping lunges I think I will need to work up to those!! How about we set a mini goal to do 10 lunges and 10 squats today? It will be a small mini goal that will only take a few minutes and we can increase every couple of days.
    I'm up for a challenge with you that's what I'm talking about I've been working out all summer so I'm not new to the workout routine. I would love to try a challenge I tried these jumping lunges yesterday it's where your in a lunge and then you jump and switch legs if that makes sense it's like left foot forward jump then right foot forward. I got the idea from Rachvr6 and they are hard I did 2 total. It really works the entire leg I would be up for things like that I don't do that kind of stuff. Simple things I think would be great push-ups, crunches, lunges, squats, the basics people for get. So what ever you can think of I'm down for.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the dinner party. My favorite desert is get fresh strawberries (or any berries you like) and dip into melted dark chocolate, even sugar free ones. It's low cal, looks very fancy and is very yummy. Have fun!

Yummy suggestion!

Strawberry shortcake is a good one. Even fun in winter.
    Berries and Cream
    Even small portions of ice cream and berries

When I did WW I found a great one:

Rocky Road Brownies

2 Points Per Serving

4 egg whites, whipped
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup Marshmallow Creme

Preheat oven at 325 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch pan with cooking spray and flour.

In a mixing bowl, combine baking powder, cocoa/carob powder, salt and flour.

In another mixing bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract and Marshmallow Creme.

Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Bake for 18 minutes.

Makes 8 servings - 2 WW points per serving

122.18 Cal (5.72% from Fat, 11.50% from Protein, 82.80% from Carb); 3.73 g Protein; 0.83 g Tot Fat; 0.45 g Sat Fat; 0.26 g Mono Fat; 0.06 g Poly Fat; 26.91 g Carb; 2.00 g Fiber; 26.48 mg Calcium; 1.17 mg Iron; 136.04 mg Sodium; 1.14 IU Vit A; 0.00 mg Vit C; 0.00 mg Cholesterol
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I have been looking for someone that want s to step it up a notch. I understand that not everyone can do certain things and stuff but those that can or think they can why not isn't that what the Biggest Loser show is all about these people are so over weight they are there to lose it. And those trainers are hard on all of them they expect greatness! I want to kick my own butt be my own tough trainer because if I could afford one I would of probably lost the weight by now. 10 lunges and squats it is.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fighting the cold and depression.. I think no proof though that one of my daughters friends stole my wedding ring last night. Yeah she had 2 kids over and I had take my rings off and placed then on a shelf in my bathroom. While before bed I went to put them back on and one was missing. I searched the whole house and even had my husband go down to there house and ask if they saw them. Nope nothing.. This kid has stolen from us in the past we think - so I guess no more. Again no proof but still... It sucks so bad..

Anyway I was feeling like crap and went to the gym at 11pm last night. Did 20 mins on treadmill and 20 mins on the bike. Not a high calorie workout but something.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Fighting the cold and depression.. I think no proof though that one of my daughters friends stole my wedding ring last night. Yeah she had 2 kids over and I had take my rings off and placed then on a shelf in my bathroom. While before bed I went to put them back on and one was missing. I searched the whole house and even had my husband go down to there house and ask if they saw them. Nope nothing.. This kid has stolen from us in the past we think - so I guess no more. Again no proof but still... It sucks so bad..

Anyway I was feeling like crap and went to the gym at 11pm last night. Did 20 mins on treadmill and 20 mins on the bike. Not a high calorie workout but something.

Oh goodness, :frown: I'm sorry about your wedding ring. That's awful. Hopefully the kid will gain a conscience and return it to you!

You did so awesome by going to the gym, though. You're a strong lady. :heart: :drinker:
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I have been looking for someone that want s to step it up a notch. I understand that not everyone can do certain things and stuff but those that can or think they can why not isn't that what the Biggest Loser show is all about these people are so over weight they are there to lose it. And those trainers are hard on all of them they expect greatness! I want to kick my own butt be my own tough trainer because if I could afford one I would of probably lost the weight by now. 10 lunges and squats it is.

I totally understand that everyone has their own fitness levels and needs to pursue their goals at their own pace!! We all need to push ourselves to our own levels.

Ok so I did my 10 lunges and squats today! I also did 20 min of bike riding, 20 min of walking, and hope to do 20 min on the wii fit. Have a great day aprilann!!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Well I just went to do my Power 90 Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper 100 but I feel so nauseous today and don't know why that I started and I was feeling worse...I hope Im not getting sick :mad:

BUT I did make myself do my 10 lunges and 10 squats!

Have a great day everyone!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    BUT I did make myself do my 10 lunges and 10 squats!

Awesome!! Good for you!! See just a mini challenge that takes a few minutes!!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Yes at least I did 1 today!

My 2 other personal challenges today are to drink all my water and eat enough calories. When Im feeling like this it is hard to do either one of those and Im not a person that can force myself.
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey there, killed my calorie count for today with peanut butter toast for breakfast - but boy was it good. Can anyone tell me of something high in iron with little calories? I haven't been able to give blood lately because my iron levels have been too low. I know I should pop a vitamin but just don't have any available right now.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Look at you guys go!!! :smooched:

I went to home depot yesterday and picked up a hook to screw into a beam in my basement bedroom/gym/office :laugh: so that I can hook my resistance bands to the ceilings for pullup/chinup work since I don't have a pullup bar. (And I don't think I can even do a pullup...YET!) So now I can do the P90x Shoulders & Arms video again! I used to do it with the bands, and I'd close the strap in the door, but the closest door to me is at the top of the stairs....not too safe. :noway: :laugh:

Anyway I'll be doing my pullup/chinups and pushups today for a nice hour. You all are doing amazing! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone today! Just finished 40min of Chest & Back. Did a craaazy amount of pushups today even though I'm still on my knees. Burned 332 calories!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I went to the park and walked/ran for about 70 minutes. Im sure I was close to 4 miles. I burned 735 calories. For breakfast I had some Frosted Flakes and then for lunch I had a subway roasted chicken on wheat with honey mustard. I had a foot long one which the calories werent really taht bad but the sodium was amazing. I couldnt believe it. Here I was thinking I was doing good but the sodium was crazy. I still have over 1000 calories to eat. Which is good because I am making tacos for dinner. I use these low carb./high fiber tortillas and they are really good. They are big ones and only have about 71 calories a piece for them. And then I always wash my meat after cooking it so that I get all the grease off of it.

Tomorrow I will go to step class. I have finally decided that what I want to do is go to my classes on Monday through Friday and then do the park thing on the weekends. I want to try and work my way up to being able to run more than I do now.

COnnie
  • chickadee10
    Options

That's terrible about your wedding ring. I hope she returns it or you find it soon.
  • chickadee10
    Options
    Does anyone know of some good fitness/exercise channels on Direct TV?
  • jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone. The posts are great - we definately have an amazing team. I just finished BL workout #2 with 302 calories burned.

I cheated and got on the scale this morning. I was pleasantly surpised at a 2.4lb weight loss so far! :smile:

What motivation!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of some good fitness/exercise channels on Direct TV?

Channel 261 on Directv is the fitness channel. They show lots of different ones on there. There are cooking shows along with workouts also. If you have DVR you can always record one and then do it.

Connie
  • msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling kind of down today :ohwell: My daughter is sick (I think she may be teething). I've eaten pretty good today though and I'm drinking water. Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow.
  • msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck on the dinner party. My favorite desert is get fresh strawberries (or any berries you like) and dip into melted dark chocolate, even sugar free ones. It's low cal, looks very fancy and is very yummy. Have fun!

I am currently obsessed with these veggie burgers, I may never have the real thing again! I ate 6 parties today and I still haven't reached 1000 calories. I am too full to eat much else. I will probably finish off with some fruit tonight. I still won't eat my excercise cals. It seems like alot of calories. On biggest loser, how many calories do they eat per day?

What brand are the veggie burgers?