BL Blue Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• jennNva
    jennNva Posts: 142
    Options
    I have a question for all my fellow team mates - can those carbonated flavored waters count toward your water goal each day? I tend to really like them and they are better than plain water. Or can they count for some of the water goal? I do drink plain water but like to mix the carbonated ones too.

Thanks! :smile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of all my fellow blue team members!!

hurleycutie - no soda!! you go girl!! here in Pittsburgh we call it pop! :wink:

connie - awesome work on doing the 5k! very impressive!

Rach - good job! i truely have a love/hate relationship with lunges!

It's so wonderful to here how busy & active everyone is!! Let's keep up the good work!

I just got back from my step & tone class & I still have to do my push up challenge yet, but I'll get it in!:glasses:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    here in Pittsburgh we call it pop! :wink:

I grew up about 1 hour from Pittsburgh ( on the Ohio side- live in VA now) I still call it pop....just got back from visiting in Ohio, and my brother who lives in Pittsburgh now....do you also say yins? (sp?) lol n My brother works at a bar/restaurant called the Brilo Box.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options

I grew up about 1 hour from Pittsburgh ( on the Ohio side- live in VA now) I still call it pop....just got back from visiting in Ohio, and my brother who lives in Pittsburgh now....do you also say yins? (sp?) lol n My brother works at a bar/restaurant called the Brilo Box.

:blushing: ya, I say yunz!! :blushing: Alot, more than I'd like! I try not too, because it sounds just so dang dumb, but alas it is what it is!! LOL!! :laugh:

Small world!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

:blushing: ya, I say yunz!! :blushing: Alot, more than I'd like! I try not too, because it sounds just so dang dumb, but alas it is what it is!! LOL!! :laugh:

Small world!!

LMAO!--dropped the yunz a long time ago...but kept the pop! lol
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all my fellow team mates - can those carbonated flavored waters count toward your water goal each day? I tend to really like them and they are better than plain water. Or can they count for some of the water goal? I do drink plain water but like to mix the carbonated ones too.

I only count clear water - I figure the other stuff all has "stuff" added to it.

I have a question - are we creating our own challenges/goals? Is that what I'm seeing??
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have lived in Oregon and Minnesota and not Michigan and some how it has stuck with me that it is Soda Pop - best of both. :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • jennNva
    Options

I only count clear water - I figure the other stuff all has "stuff" added to it.

I have a question - are we creating our own challenges/goals? Is that what I'm seeing??

Thanks - I also like those cyrstal light powder additives. I guess you're right - it all adds something. I'm not quite sure about the challenges. I think everyone is making suggestions.
  • jennNva
    Options
    Just checking in with everyone. Just finished by workout for today. Did Turbo Jam Cardio Party #2 . 309 calories gone according to my HRM. Yeah! :happy: I might do more later. I'm all geared up and have the time for once.
  • Charilee7
    Options
    I did my Wii Fitness Coach and it said 235 for my calories burned, but I soooo want a HRM to be more accurate.
  • chickadee10
    Options
    today was a historic day for my... i had 0 sodas!!! this is the first time since i was 9... wow... very proud of myself...
    and today is the first time i ate all my calories... usually when i do diets i only eat 800... but today i ate my whole 12...

and i went to jack in the box with friends and got a faita pita which was only 250 calories with a bunch of vegestibles...
    so proud of myself...
    and i drank well over 8 cups....
    wow...
    im proud of myself :)
    Great job! Was you craving soda at all?
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Hey! I didn't know we started this week... OOPS! haha well I haven't been doing all that great but not horrible. Haven't worked out but I have to go to the gym to set up my account again. I have definately been cleaning away a lot so I have got to burn calories that way... I will get on my routine now that I know we are all ready!

So if we don't have a challenge for next week, how about we get back to the basics... Lets start by tracking our water intake... Water can consist of flavored waters as well but no other beverages... Just track your water intake and report here!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I've set myself up to drink 25,000 ounces of water in 2009!

Breaking that down it's a little more than 64 oz a day - but sounds better with 25,000!!!

That's my New Year's Resolution. I hope to knock it out of the park and go way over but it's a challenge to myself!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site. Is it too late for me to get in on the fun and be on your team?
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm :drinker: too! Next week, no eve. snacks...:bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Please welcome NovemberBride to our team! :drinker:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    alright i worked out today just got done. I bought BL cardo and i feel great. Bob really does work you. He is really nice about it too. I burned 744 calories. :drinker: cheers to me. I still have to figure out my calorie intake for the day and im going to a friends house tonight for supper and have hard time saying no. Please everyone help me out. Let me hear you in my head to tell them no. I need all the will power i can get.

GO BLUE!!!
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey NovemberBride! Welcome
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Wow even more team members! Welcome to aprilann, ontheskinnyroad, runningrachel, and zahrab! :drinker:
  • jennNva
    Options
    A warm welcome to all our new Blue team members !! :flowerforyou: Sounds like we are all already working hard. I believe we will be the Biggest Losers. :smile: